Old 06-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PMRGirl
Neil~ that's fine, good luck!
Thanks!
Old 06-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Erika. In case you happen to browse over at the protoform website, they made a mistake on the batteries that I was using and where I finished.

7 Rod Canare Tamiya 415 Protoform Stratus 2.0 Peak Peak LRP Q2 Futaba 3PK

They managed to get Neil, Corey, and Mike's batteries correct but maybe they want me to get into trouble There seems to be a number of mistakes on that page anyway...oh well

Here's the link: The PROTOform Mazda6 and Stratus 2.0 dominate the body list at this years event!

Last edited by rtypec; 06-06-2004 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

I actually paid them $5 to change your batts to purposefully get you in trouble. It worked! I'd be damned to pay them another $5 to change it back. I'm just not that rich!
Old 06-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Is it bad to have your batts charging in direct sunlight?
Old 06-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would have to say yes, considering it can raise the temp. of the batteries considerably.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I actually paid them $5 to change your batts to purposefully get you in trouble. It worked! I'd be damned to pay them another $5 to change it back. I'm just not that rich!
Neil, don't forget to check the box for the pit space / electric in the entry form. Remember, Corey and I will pay for that so you don't have to bring your camping gear...just our hauler bags hehe.

Also, good luck to all of the promatch drivers attending the upcoming offroad mod-nats!
Old 06-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Neil, don't forget to check the box for the pit space / electric in the entry form. Remember, Corey and I will pay for that so you don't have to bring your camping gear...just our hauler bags hehe.

Also, good luck to all of the promatch drivers attending the upcoming offroad mod-nats!
Okay, so I assume I will be re-imbursed?
Old 06-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, I'll reimburse you tomorrow if you so wish. I'll be at socal wrenching on my stuff. I borrowed a Hara motor to practice with this weekend and I need to put a one-way setup on the car and put away the spoolio equipment. You know how those things go...
Old 06-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

I'll drop by tomorrow. Not racing though. The way I have my schedule, I should be at Tamiya this Sat.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

About charging the batts in direct sunlight....

What about having a fan pointed at them during (or after) charging? I would think this would be good, but I also think I heard someone say that was not a good idea - how about it battery experts?

On the same line - I am in need of a car stand, and I have been looking for the foam XXX-S stand with the fan built in. This weekend someone told me that fan doesn't do much good (it is directly beneath the motor) - he said Trinity makes one with a much bigger fan that covers the motor and battery compartment. Since I take the batts out as soon as a run is over anyway, I don't know if that is worth it --- thoughts?
Old 06-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

The Pro-Match website says the packs can be run up to three times a day...how safe is this? I'm really considering buying two packs for a race format with 3 qualifiers and a main, and then having 1 practice run before hand. Would this work well? How good is it for the cells if a proper amount of time is set aside between each run?
Old 06-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I`ll tell you why i ask this , because sunday just gone it was around 82F blazing sunshine all my batts were on the table in line waiting to be charged, they were warm to touch being the sun puts them on the charger capicty was down, peak volts went from 9.198 est down to 8.95 & they felt like they had no snap to them compared to before, & it wase`nt just the one matchers batts it was all of them.
Just wondering if i should use abit of common sense & not put them in the sun.
& the batts were getting to hot for my liking after charge.
Been using these batts for the last month racing & they did`nt feel or look happy at all.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rctoyguy
About charging the batts in direct sunlight....

What about having a fan pointed at them during (or after) charging? I would think this would be good, but I also think I heard someone say that was not a good idea - how about it battery experts?

On the same line - I am in need of a car stand, and I have been looking for the foam XXX-S stand with the fan built in. This weekend someone told me that fan doesn't do much good (it is directly beneath the motor) - he said Trinity makes one with a much bigger fan that covers the motor and battery compartment. Since I take the batts out as soon as a run is over anyway, I don't know if that is worth it --- thoughts?
I have the stand you are talking about....worthless IMO. The fan just doesn't cool it enough to be worth it. The other stand he is talking about is a battery stand they make and it moves some air but DO NOT use a fan to cool your batteries. Let them cool on their on. I think I have a car stand also....I will try and find it for you this week.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by aviaar
The Pro-Match website says the packs can be run up to three times a day...how safe is this? I'm really considering buying two packs for a race format with 3 qualifiers and a main, and then having 1 practice run before hand. Would this work well? How good is it for the cells if a proper amount of time is set aside between each run?
You should be fine if let them cool completely before each charge/run. I know several people that do that all the time. Of course the more runs per day like that will shorten the life a little compared to running them once or twice. I say go for it but not over 3 times a day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.