Originally Posted by tc4eb
How hard is it to convert a pro-match stick pack to a side by side configuration?
What's the best way to get the cells apart?
i took apart a friend's promatch stick pack to make into a side by side. here's what i did.
1. i took an xacto knife and cut off the plastic tubing.
2. removed the end caps.
3. unsoldered the deans connectors
4. gently stretched out the stick pack..until i can see the thin strips of metal (correct name?) then i cut them in half.
5. i took a set of pliers and pulled off the pieces from the ends of each battery making sure not to damage the ends.
6. i used a dremel to sand the end of each cell.
7. soldered them into a side by side pack using a dean's battery jig.
sending it to promatch would be easier tho.