Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Smile Thanks

What a nice way to start a Friday!!

southernfried- Thank you for your understanding, your packs shipped out yesterday.

Nick111- So glad to hear you are happy and that you like the decals Good luck at your race this weekend.

hugo- sent it yesterday, did you get it?

rcfiend- the voltage on the 3700's is very comparable to the 3300's the major difference is the runtime. They perform very much the same. The 3700's are larger in diameter and weigh just a tad more.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PMRGirl
[B]What a nice way to start a Friday!!

hugo- sent it yesterday, did you get it?

I send you a mail because the tracking number doesn't work.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by SOuthernFRIED
Erika,
I am James Cooper.Thanks for the call concerning my order.I really appreciate the service.

On another note, I have ordered from ProMatch 3 or 4 times in the past.My packs have always been excellent, never a problem.I wouldn't even think of using anyone elses cells...
Are sure you just need batteries ?
Old 04-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Erika,
Thanks for the Ultra sweet cells. Great customer service, Keep it up ProMatch......
Stephen <><
Old 04-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcfiend
It's been awhile since I purchased some Promatch cells, can anyone tell me if they have tried promatch 3700 cells yet? If so what do you think of them. I generally run stock/19 turn. Last question, are you guys charging/traying them any differently than the 3300 cells?
I am currently running the 3700's and have been very impressed. Great voltage and IR and of course runtime is not a problem. They are slightly bigger so you may have to file your battery slots slightly. Otherwise I highly recommend them.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Erika:

Just wanted to say thanks for the great service yesterday. It is nice to find a company that remembers what it is all about.

Your New Orleans connection,
Lanny
Old 04-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are sure you just need batteries ?

Ya gotta start somewhere
Old 04-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by promatchrcr
I am currently running the 3700's and have been very impressed. Great voltage and IR and of course runtime is not a problem. They are slightly bigger so you may have to file your battery slots slightly. Otherwise I highly recommend them.
not if you have a yokomo BD

erika..sorry i havent called. uncle sam hasnt returned my money yet.

neil... hope your safe bro. come back soon and race with us.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hebiki
not if you have a yokomo BD
LOL,ok.....
Old 04-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Erika, you got my order via email? If so I would love to have a reply on pricing.

Got 18 non-matched IB3600 cells yesterday, and come with 2 very bad cell out of 18 (one leaking bad under 6A, another hit 75'c under 3.6A). It's another good reason why I should buy matched cell.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Australian Off-road Titles

Promatch Batteries @ the Australian off-road titles

1st 4WD MOD

3rd 4WD MOD

2nd 4WD seniors (19 turn)

3rd 2WD MOD

2nd MOD Truck

Not bad concidering there where only 2 other drivers using Promatch & we were to busy looking after all of these guys
Old 04-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys got a question for you.

I've just got myself a Pulsar comp2 to use as my main charger. At the moment i'm following the factory settings regarding charge and discharge for the GP33's, bar using 6A charging voltage (10mv delta, 10A discharge, 5.4v discharge, no trickle, lineat charge). Any tips people might like to add in? Running stock motors btw, so run-time is not the issue, voltage is

However, when I come to discharge my 4cell packs, 5.4v doesn't work.... (unsuprisingly... 1.2 x 4 = 4.8v)
For the moment, I've set the discahrge to 3.6v on the 4cell packs, is this the correct thing to do?
I figured that 5.4v equates to 0.9v per cell, so keeping that ratio 4 x 0.9 = 3.6. Am I correct in this?

thanks in advance
Ed
Old 04-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TryHard
Hi guys got a question for you.

I've just got myself a Pulsar comp2 to use as my main charger. At the moment i'm following the factory settings regarding charge and discharge for the GP33's, bar using 6A charging voltage (10mv delta, 10A discharge, 5.4v discharge, no trickle, lineat charge). Any tips people might like to add in? Running stock motors btw, so run-time is not the issue, voltage is

However, when I come to discharge my 4cell packs, 5.4v doesn't work.... (unsuprisingly... 1.2 x 4 = 4.8v)
For the moment, I've set the discahrge to 3.6v on the 4cell packs, is this the correct thing to do?
I figured that 5.4v equates to 0.9v per cell, so keeping that ratio 4 x 0.9 = 3.6. Am I correct in this?

thanks in advance
Ed
TryHard you change your avatar image huh...

Yep, 4cells discharging to 3.6v, 0.9v/c is correct. I just got Novak SmartTray and very happy about it's feature. You might consider to get one.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Some bad news to report.....
A Brand new ProMatch 1.185 died yesterday shortly after 1Pm Pacific time.......Although it was a good pack it did parish do to some unfortunate mishandling on behalf of the owner and the weather...

It was a very warm day when the brand new ProMatch Battery came off the discharge tray and made its way to the charger...The owner placed it at on the table and placed the tempature probe beneith it. He then Hooked up the Possative wire to the Possative post as well as the Negative....He then set the charger to 6amps and 118 temp then proceeded to let it charge itself contently as it was closing in on its peak the owner left to go race but only after asking a race buddy to watch the pack for him since the tempature was 82 and sun was shining right down on the shiny new pack, friend looked away only for a minute and the worst thing you could amagine happened....four of the six cells ruptured there shiny new skin and cloud of grey smoke appeared as the owner was coming off the drivers stand as he was grabing his hair, screaming asking GOD why, why could this happen????It was such a nice pack. The charger was set at 118degrees but was not set to self shut-off at the temp it was set for Peak Detect.
The Owner is now in morning and wishes thing were different but he is currently out of CASH do to his new Yokomo BD (which is super sweet) and will have to save up to get a new pack, however it will not replace dead pack but will only fill its slot in the battery tray....
I found out what happened and was glad to know this wasn't really my fault. The charger that was being used is the GM Commander and I had just got the upgrade chip to be able to charge every kind of cell, And I found out that I did not reset the charger and I was charging @ 10amps.....In a warm day that was the reason the cells had died. I have reset the charger and all is well now. The new pack You sent me Erika will now be safe in my hands once more.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 04-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow

ttso- I need your name so I can check to see if I have an e-mail from you. ( we get hundreds a day)

rtypec- did you get your stuff???? I didn't get to see what went out so I want to make sure everything was all good. Let me know

mrshookie- did you like the numbers on your new pack?

lineburner- glad to see you in here The guys are working on your order as we speak.

Lanny- You are welcome

Hebiki- just let me know and we will get them out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.