Wiki Posts
Search

Putnam Propulsion

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Tribo, Speedjuice or nothing

Originally posted by jbackslash
I just got a couple of putnam stock monster motors and a few pairs of green shunt brushes. Have any of you had any success with comm drops like Tribo or Speedjuice? I am going to try them out tomorrow night at Socal.
Hi Jon

No problems with using Tribo on the comm. I pretty much just follow Big Jim's advise on brushes and use of Tribo.

Pops, pitting could possibly due to spring tension and driving style.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Tribo, Speedjuice or nothing

Originally posted by RCInfinity

Pops, pitting could possibly due to spring tension and driving style.
NOT

The Pitting is there and easily seen. Without Tribo there is NO Pitting. Maybe a magnifying glass would help you see it.

I recently tried using some Tribo on Trinity 4503's (1 drop) and it turned the Com into a gooey mess after just one run.

If YOU want to keep using it on your brushes, go ahead. But based on MY experiences and testing, I will not.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Tribo, Speedjuice or nothing

Originally posted by popsracer
NOT

The Pitting is there and easily seen. Without Tribo there is NO Pitting. Maybe a magnifying glass would help you see it.

I recently tried using some Tribo on Trinity 4503's (1 drop) and it turned the Com into a gooey mess after just one run.

If YOU want to keep using it on your brushes, go ahead. But based on MY experiences and testing, I will not.

Different strokes for different folks.
Pops, don't get so defensive. It was merely a suggestion.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

buy a putnam motor and u will feel the difference, todd's stock motors are the best in the industry. period
Old 11-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

I agree, he does put out a great product. He puts a personal touch to his motors, unlike larger motor manufacturers whose motors are made in huge quantity.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Tribo, Speedjuice or nothing (Nothing)

Originally posted by RCInfinity

Pops, don't get so defensive. It was merely a suggestion.
I DO take offense when someone who does not know me personally, makes derogative statements about my driving and tuning abilities.

My comments on Tribo are Fact, based on MANY tests. Believe me I really wish it did work. At almost $10 for a bottle, I could have bought several more pairs of Putnam Brushes.

Anyways, lets just agree to disagree.

Last edited by popsracer; 11-04-2003 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I agree with all the great stuff about the Putnam products. I am currently distributing all Todds motor stuff in Western Canada, Washington, and Oregon. If you're intrested in any of his products I carry them all. You can email me for more info.

He does have the best stuff around. There is really nothing else to compare to them.

You can send me an email at [email protected]

I talk to Todd on a regular basis, if you got some questions I'd be happy to pass them on to him.

Jesse
Old 11-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Todd's stuff is definitly the best. You have to keep in mind it is just him and his secratary working in his office, and he also travels to all of the big races. including oval and drag. So he stays busy. But he will get back with you and get you what ever you need. Just for example. At the onroad nats. 10 of the top 20 guys in stock were using putnam motors.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Re: "Putnam is Expensive"

I tend to disagree on this. All his motors are within ROAR price guide lines. The other accessories are alittle bit more. But you are paying for what you get....More Power!...

It's like compareing a Honda to a Mercedes, you want quality and optimum performance you'll get what you pay for in Putnam products.

I've been running Putnam Products for the last 5 months now. I've tried every combo possible. I'm just impressed with it all.

Jesse
Old 11-04-2003, 11:59 AM
IH
Tech Adept

Default What brushes ?

Hi,

what brushes do you recommend for a 27T sock motor with stand-up brushes? Would you just use the green resp. blue
laydown brushes an turn them into a stand-up brush or is the Mod. brush the better choice?

Thanks,
ingo
Old 11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

General Brush question:

I currently run a Monster and just tried Putnam Green+/Blue- brushes. Big improvement over the 4499s I was running.

What kind of basic brush cuts do you recomend for a TC? How do I get more torque, RPM or efficiency? I'm basically trying to figure out how the make the torque curve as broad, high and flat as possible. Any advice?
Old 11-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

IH, Brushes for a standup hood stock motor. If you got a brush cutter go for it. Use the green on the positive with a purple (8oz.) spring and the blue on the neg with a red spring(7oz) . Want more power, go to greens all the way around.

the mod brushes like the 'X' compound are high silver for mod, greens still have more silver in them.

Sands, Brush and spring combo also depends on what kind of track you're running on, also the size of the track. Cavity the brushes, or time them forward by a degree to gain the rpm you want.

Jesse
Old 11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

stock lay down brushes..green shunts high silver monster power
blue shunts not as hard core
alot of people on a budget run blue shunts on negative side and a green shunt on poistive. for all out power go with 2 green shunt brushes.

mod motors or stand up style brush hoods..go with the putnam X brush..almost like a green brush...power power power...
Old 11-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sands
General Brush question:

I currently run a Monster and just tried Putnam Green+/Blue- brushes. Big improvement over the 4499s I was running.

What kind of basic brush cuts do you recomend for a TC? How do I get more torque, RPM or efficiency? I'm basically trying to figure out how the make the torque curve as broad, high and flat as possible. Any advice?
Sands;

Previously, cutting the brushes was mainly used to get more RPM out of a Motor. With the Monster Stock, we have plenty of rpm so we could use a little more Torque.

Trinity Red+/Red- springs will improve Torque with little or no sacrifice in rpm. Anything Stiffer like Purple springs, really kills the power and rpm of the Motor. Using Putnam Green shunts on both sides may also offer an improvement (over green/blue).
Old 11-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally posted by sands
General Brush question:

One thing we have found with the Monster motors to get more torque out of them is to put a timed cut on the brush but put it in backwards...To take timing out. It will knock off around a 1000rpm but will bring the torque and power up.

Hope this helps.

Eric Anderson
Putnam Propulsion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.