Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Putnam Propulsion

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

KT Hobbies just got the brushes back in stock also.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Kraig, do you stock their motors, too? I'd just love to find someone who carries EVERYTHING I need from Putnam. I know Todd is busy, but his e-mail feedback is kind of weak.

It seems like everyone carries brushes, but not motors, springs but no brushes, motors but no brushes... and no one has Putnam decals.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I just stock the brushes. I have e-mailed Todd numerous times regarding to stocking his motors. Unfortunately I have not gotten a reply from him.

The main problem is that only his brushes are available through distributors not his motors. So unless you can get in touch with him about his motors then you are limited to what you can carry. I will send another e-mail to see what is up.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks Kraig, I'd prefer to buy everything from one place, specifically you. I was lucky enough to acquire one of the Monster Stocks and it is a fantastic motor with tons of power. I have e-mailed Todd a few times, too, with no response or a response weeks later after I had already done something else.

I absolutely love the Putnam products, but I'm already getting tired of trying to find the stuff. Anything you can do is a bonus, Kraig, and will keep me from buying Fantom or Kisbey or some other small motor builder's wares.

doug
Old 01-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Kraig- Not true. We Over Geared are official distributors of Putnam products and we carry and stock his entire line. It's just hard to keep them on the shelf. He usually cannot meet our demands fast enough because he can only do so many motors in a day.
This is also the reason he has no time to answer all the e-mails or calls.
We speak to him on a regular basis but at times he is so busy, we have a hard time getting to him.

ApexSpeed- We carry Putnam mod, 19T, stock motors, brushes, springs, tuning kits, decals and shirts. Anything we can do for you, e-mail us at [email protected].
Old 01-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Todd is a pretty busy man. But when he's busy, you know products will be going out.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know if Todd uses this forum?

I also mailed him several times about an order but since a month I don't get any replies at all?

I did got one mail about problems with their mailsystem but after this no response at all???
Old 01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PeterCr
Does anyone know if Todd uses this forum?
I saw him on here once looking for a person, not this thread though. Not likely that he will come back.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Brush Serrations

I just started running these brushes and love them. How do you guys feel about re-serrating them? Should I and reuse them or should I just abandon them and put on a new set. Also, do you change them as soon as the serrations are gone or do you go by color only? Thanks for the info.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

change them everday you race, so i go thru 2 sets a week but its worth it
Old 01-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Brush Serrations

Originally posted by bechs14
I just started running these brushes and love them. How do you guys feel about re-serrating them? Should I and reuse them or should I just abandon them and put on a new set. Also, do you change them as soon as the serrations are gone or do you go by color only? Thanks for the info.
I use them until the serrations are gone. Then I replace them. For stock racing, they most likely will not discolor unless you over gear the motor. Discoloration is more evident in 19T or even 23T racing due to the high heat generated by the higher rpm.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default reserration

I've had good luck reserrating the brushes. You just have to payattention to the spring tension is it get's less as the brush get's shorter. the brushes are a little expensive to be throughout every other week. If your motor is geared correctly, they last serveral races.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Hey does anyone out there no where i can get a putnam propulsion moster stock on the web?

Cheers
Old 01-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

they last mroe then a race, they last a night, which is 4-5 races
Old 01-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default monstor stock.

www.rc4less.com

PBkidd

I guess I mis-spoke. I didn't mean they only last 1 race. I've actually ran (1) set in the same motor for about 9 weeks. (at 3-4 races per night) I reserrate them about every 3 weeks. I do NOT recerrate them with really deep grooves, just enough for them to seat well after cutting the com. I'm not really a real competitvie racer though. But I do place well most of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.