Originally posted by acyrier
Ok, I took some material off of the diff case, tried to install the NTC3 rack as noted on page 19 of this thread, and it rubs on the hingepin block. Any ideas?
Took me a long time, and I'm not 100% sure it was worth it yet. I will be running it this weekend:
1) cut the section out of the diff case
2) sand down the middle section of the hinge pin block
3) sand down your servo mounts, so the servo sits back a little further
4) very minor sand of the rack itself in the middle front (part 2228, the actual servo saver mechanism)
5) very minor sand of the top section where the ball end attaches
6) cut about 4mm off of the stock shaft cup
7) dremmel down any ball cups that rub
After ALL that work, the ball end/cup still barely bumps the diff cup. If I could find a way to just barely drop the entire steering rack itself, it wouldn't rub.
Tons of work... we'll see if it pays off in the end. J.Righter will testify, as he was shaking his head at me in disbelief the entire time I was working on it.