Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

RCKnight:

Danoms rack is a little low. bump steer becomes a issue. it is a interesting car though. I have watched since it's conception. Mini (my son) has wheeled one. found it to be fast but more on the edge than any other TC3 conversion yet. needs REALLY heavy oil all the way around. alumium arms are shorter than TC3' but longer than TC4's. it'll be a great kit when he get it sorted.
I find working and "testing" different things the most aspect of this hobby for me. my driving sucks. I am having serious heath problems (getting old really sucks). but I have Mini (my son)....... how in only 4 years been in the B at Cleveland twice (high as 6th in the A during quaifiling twice) and came in 2nd in the C (beating baby Drew). now he either wins or is and to Chuck Lonergan at our weekly club races. if you wantone made I'll put it on my build list...... it might take awhile as I am building 4 sedans for Vegas right now along with wrenching at races.
just LMK.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I'm only a engineer-wana-be...

so how do you correct the bump steer problem? It's interesting stuff to me. I would like to get a nice aluminum steering rack. When you say you can build one, what exactly did you have in mind? Like I said I like the idea of a 2mm lower cg TC4, but not if it's harder to drive. I think the possibilities of a lower BMI look good. With the Diggity design, he did change alot on the car. Maybe too much for me to venture out and buy the kit. All the luck to him though.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

RCKnight:

Hi,

Damon changed alot.... he lowered the COG alot..... almost to the point where you would need to raise it up again. you need to run a 4+2 battery set up. diffs are expossed and you will need four extra diff shim kits to shim both diffs to the center of the drivetrain. (1) he did this wiht the thought of making different ring and pinion gears to alter the internal ratio... either up or down) (2) also he did this because everybody was complaining about the Hardcore diffs, IRS diffs ETC so he made the with a little bigger so every diff would fit in with a little shimming.
the car looks simular to a Xray in the bulkhead/shocktower area. the inner hinge pin mounts are made from delrin and you get a 0 degree (for carpet) and a +1 for slippery tracks. more were going to be made in .5 to1 degree sizes. you used everything from a TC3 except the plastic transmission cases,shock towers, chassis,suspension (except "C" hubs and steering knuckles and hinge pins, and rear hubs, CVD's bearings, Hexs,wheel nuts, ETC.) you needed to do alot of hand fitting on the kit....alot. if you haven't built a few TC3's you should have someone build it for you. ( I ended up building 7 so far) other nice features are a one piece drive shaft, delrin supports for the drive shaft correct crush fit for most all the bearings, nice graphite, clean milling, and and nice colors of anodizing to chose from. as posted before alumium arms, (it took alot to bend them). as you posted a alumium slide rack that is lowered in the chassis. as yes there was some bump steer but it was easy to remove with motor shims (little ones).
after the build........then setup......... I ended up with 100 wt Losi oil up front white springs, thick sway-bar (.078) shocks stood up. rear toweer up front with the outside hole ground off. and if needed I would shim the front shock tower up .030. camber link...longest upper inner. caster 6 degree Losi :"C" hubs, ASSOC steering knuckles. mini electronics (smallest you can find) 4+2 battery setup (worked the best).

I could go on but I have to be up in 2 hours. PM me if you want more info.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Chalk up another track record, TQ, and Victory for Surge and BMI at the club level. I know... it's just a club race. But it's a big deal to me :-)

A big thankyou goes out to BSydor, TeamGP, and the Xray team. It's their setup suggestions that resulted in a car that almost drives itself.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default double post

deleted
Old 08-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default I second that....

UnderDaHill's BMI looked real good and it drove so flat. Great win Bob, you looked good out there. I may need to get one.

Last edited by RCknight; 08-25-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tim, it sounds like Damon put alot of nice touches....

on it. Only thing though is that battery config. As lazy as it might sound, many won't opted for changing their packs over to a 4-2. The upper deck looks like a tweak hold waiting to happen. Everyone says the BMI TC4 has no tweak issues. It will be interesting to see what else Damon comes up with.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Mi2 Chassis/flex top deck availabilty?

I wanted to get an idea of whether or not the chassis kit is available for the Mi2? Also interested in the flex top deck. Any info would be great-Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

mi2 chassis kits are available and on the website also.i have them in stock if you would like to order.shoot me an eemail through the website or give me a buz in the morning and i will take care of you.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Jay- YGPM dude.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Protc3,

Package came today.

Sent ya a PM.

Tim
Old 08-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Jason, clean out your PM's. You're just too damn popular
Old 08-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UnderDaHill
Chalk up another track record, TQ, and Victory for Surge and BMI at the club level. I know... it's just a club race. But it's a big deal to me :-)

A big thank you goes out to BSydor, TeamGP, and the Xray team. It's their setup suggestions that resulted in a car that almost drives itself.
No problemo. Now if I could only take my own advice...
Old 08-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason got package today. Give me a call latter. got 3 names to re-pave Dave's track.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

This BMI TC4 conversion is just a blast to drive... I took home victory in two last races of series with it and secured the title for Prostock 17 turn limit series tonight..

Thanks to Jason for developing the 'joyride' conversion of TC4..

Last edited by Arctic; 11-12-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.