Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default NitroJohnnyD

You were right about the TRF shocks on the TC3. Thanks! for the idea and help, will try them out soon!!!
Lem
Old 12-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I know with the holidays and being sick things have been hectic for the BMI guys, but I've been waiting for 2 weeks. I REALLY like the car it looks sweet, but I can't wait much longer because I've got a big race coming up this next month and without testing I can't run a whole new chassis.

Does anyone know when they could get the black chassis kit and also get the 3mm upper deck out for shipping???

thanks,
Michael
Old 12-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

You were right about the TRF shocks on the TC3. Thanks! for the idea and help, will try them out soon!!!
You are very welcome. Let us know what you think when you get some run time on them. I know I am truly in lust with those dampers!

Happy Holidays
Old 12-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

TimXLB will be forwarding me some pictures when he gets home... I'm continuing to work on it myself. What I've discovered so far that I _believe_ to be correct (could always be wrong):

1) Assemble the NTC3 rack as per the instructions in the nitro manual
2) Use the two holes closest towards the batteries and servo to mount your posts
3) Install your rack with the arms towards the back of the chassis, the single ball towards the back, and the dual steering balls towards the front
4) You have a couple of options for the servo arm (which will rub on one of the chassis tower/braces). Shorten your servo mounts (moving the servo back a tad), shave off and flatten the top of your ballcup, or use a shorter servo arm. I used a combination of the first and second option.
5) Look and see if your rear front arm mount will stay clear of the swing rack during motion. I shaved just a tad off the middle section

The part I still have to finish:
6) It appears as though the rack rubs on the diff case. Some material will need to be removed here as well, although I'm not 100% sure where yet.

It's a start

I'll try to get some pics as well as soon as mine is complete to help out people. Obviously a lot of people working on this, as I received 6 messages and emails wanting details last night heh.

-Eric

Originally posted by Michal101
Hi,

Does anybody have any pics that they can post showing the nitro steering located in the new steering rack holes. I have tried many different variations and it just doesn't look or operate properly.

Mike
Old 12-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Ive never tried to figure roll out on a TC simply because Ive never asked anyone how to do it!!! I know how to do it on a pan car. But I was running a 33/104 with a 57mm tire. Motor was a Putnam D5 Handwound 19 turn with X brushes (the best high power standup brush ever!!).

eric a
Originally posted by jcrouse
Rollout = 22.73mm
how did you get that?
I came up with 23.59 if you go out a few decimals and http://www.arroyoc.com/ came up with 23.64

57*PI=179.07
100/33*2.5=7.57
179.07/7.57=23.65
Old 12-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

any of you guys get any cool xmas present
Old 12-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jason:

Hi,

You have mine....
also got a drill press and a new laptop!!!!!!! something that works

Eric:

I'm sending you some pics from work. the car in the pics is the one gave to the BMW engineers for helping us on this.

Michal101:

Hi,

please e mail me your address. I have pics of a chassis that is drilled right. This is one of the TC3's I gave to the engineers from BMW/PSA for helping us on this project.
as for the correct measurements I will hve to wait untill after the weekend as both the TC3's are being raced this weekend. (not at our track )
is this the sanme Michal101 from Hobbytalk???? if so this is DaWrench from there.

Thanks

Old 12-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

TimXLB,

I tried to e mail you, but it told me that it was not in your profile. No biggee. Yes, it is the same Michal101...LOL

Anyway, please email the pics at [email protected]
and I am wondering if it is worth it to to the grinding and etc just to mount it in the new NTC3 rear holes.

Thanks, Mike
Old 12-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally posted by protc3
any of you guys get any cool xmas present
YEA << got a costom canopie and the only one made that has polished alum frame .. youll never see another like this one.. hey Jason have fun with the yok I had the other mr4tcpro special ... their alot of fun...
Old 12-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Eric:

Hi,

The pics were sent out through my wife's email.......... so far all of my accounts are not working

Michal101:

Hi,

I will send out the pics when I get home everyone is sleeping and I'm still working.
as for grinding out the chassis I think it is. I went through 7 before I got it right........... so I think you'll like how the nitro rack mod feels on the track. are you still running your GM web site???

Mb racer:

Hi,

hope you like your canopie.......... I LOVE my EZ-up I have almost wore it out we use it so much.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

TimXLB,

I have it in parts right now trying to get it ready for tomorrow's racing...should be interesting.

I forgot to renew the GM web site, but I still have a decent supply of GM items, so just let me know if you need anything.

Mike
Old 12-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

TimXLB, got all the pictures. I had most of it figured out and completed, I wasn't quite sure how much to take off of the diff case. That's going to be some fun. Wish I had a band saw right about now

I'll bust the dremmel out when I get back from vacation.

-Eric
Old 12-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Eric:

I just used the rough sanding drum from a dremel tool. then cleaned it up with a fine one.
BTW:
I just got home so if you have any questions please call me

Michal101:

Hi,

Just sent some pics to you. hope they turn out ok as they were done on a camera phone really quick

I will be posting all the pics I have to make this mod on my web page soon along with a complete set of instructions. all the pics I have are of a tub chassis so at least you will get the idea untill I get my B.M.I. chassis done. (why does work alwats have to come first????).

those of you that have my phone # please feel free to call me if you have any questions. I hope to be home most of Saturday and later on Sunday (after 9 pm).

Thanks
Old 12-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Talking TimXLB

thanks man the canopie I have is made by CARAVAN , and its costom.. now i got to get new tables and its off to the races..
hope you had a very nice
holiday ..
Old 12-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Another good day

2nd race day on the BMI car....Car was better this week than the last...and it was pretty good then!! TQ'd and won by a lap in 19 turn. Car was great. Tweak free and consistant every lap/run. I really love this car over the stock chassis!!

Going to Knoxville, TN (Home of the Region 3 Champs and Norrca Nationals) next week to try it there for the first time.

For those interested I ran Mike Blackstocks setup from the ROAR Nats last year.

ea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.