Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Ok to update (and cover up some of my igonrance) I now know what all the included bits are

However these are the questions I still need answering ...

1. Camber link Ball Studs. Can they be screwed into the top brace directly? Do they need the small nuts underneath? I tested on earlier and the top deck holes were small enough for it to screw into, will this be secure enough without a nut underneath or is it likely to snap my top deck in a big crash?

2. The central holes seem to be aligned for a BMI TC3 esq alloy center brace, is this able for purchase? or is it a coming soon?

3. Are the alloy bits available in any anodised colours direct from BMI? If so what sort of cost are we talking? (Silver is fine but I don't mind spending a bit to increase the blue bling )

Thanks

Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ksj44
thanks for all of your help, everyone. i was curious if there are any pictures of the tc4 bmi kit, and what kind of pricing.

Keith

Mine arrived this morning.

http://www.x-bb.org/~andy/uploads/bmi/bmi1.jpg

http://www.x-bb.org/~andy/uploads/bmi/bmi2.jpg

http://www.x-bb.org/~andy/uploads/bmi/bmi3.jpg

Price was $124.99 plus postage

Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC4 looks killer.

Wow-thats looks killer Jason. I see you got the batter strap done and moved the cells in some more. WOW. Nice stuff.

Thanks for the great pics Andy.

Ray
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

WOW just got my TC4 it looks amazing well worth the wait!!!! Can't wait to get it on the track.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by caleracer45
WOW just got my TC4 it looks amazing well worth the wait!!!! Can't wait to get it on the track.
Cant wait to get mine
Old 02-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Andy M
Ok to update (and cover up some of my igonrance) I now know what all the included bits are

However these are the questions I still need answering ...

1. Camber link Ball Studs. Can they be screwed into the top brace directly? Do they need the small nuts underneath? I tested on earlier and the top deck holes were small enough for it to screw into, will this be secure enough without a nut underneath or is it likely to snap my top deck in a big crash?

2. The central holes seem to be aligned for a BMI TC3 esq alloy center brace, is this able for purchase? or is it a coming soon?

3. Are the alloy bits available in any anodised colours direct from BMI? If so what sort of cost are we talking? (Silver is fine but I don't mind spending a bit to increase the blue bling )

Thanks

Andy

1. Yes. No locknut is needed.
2. Not included, but Yes it can be purchased.
3. Not yet fot the Alloy. Only silver
Old 02-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

The finished Product
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-tc4.jpg  
Old 02-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone help me I am having a few problems putting my TC4 together.
1. I have a bunch of play in my steering rack
2. They block that holds the front of the read diff how do you mount that?
Old 02-28-2005, 06:31 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Sup Jason....Your car is done and Art is picking it up tomorrow I left the towers and shocks alone since you have something already in the works for that.....Don't forget to make me a set

btw....Don't show off the drivetrain to much....came out better than mine
Old 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking TimXLB

Originally posted by TimXLB
Hi Jason:

I see youre upand around. Keira will getting more calls for chassis this week. Mini was FAST at the Mi State Champs. he had some problems and ended up 3rd in the A. then........like Cleveland a rear lower shock mount broke taking him out .....I sent him to a indoor Kart track to get over it....and he finshed 8th overall for the whole day.

Mopwr:

Hi,

yes they copied my modded rack. I still will use mine over the TC4 one. Mini can feel the differance on the track. I believe it has to do with the slip angle on each rack. some of the newr NTC3 racks will work without the mods on the bearing part of the case. some will sit lower than others for some reason.

Fatbear:

Hi,

Hows racing going???????? I agree with you about the TC4 chassis.the one I had was great. too bad I had to give it back.

MB Racer:

Hi,

sounds like your having fun.......except the hung brush. Mini has gone to 19t as it's alot more fun for him and he can get laps close to mad without abusing my wallet too much

Thanks
Tell you what .. 19t is alot more fun I think than stock .. Ive been running 19t for a while now ,, If i only learn how to keep those brushes from hanging up I might even finish without a break during my run .. just a freak thing .. hopwe mini is having a good time with 19t .. remember to let him win a few ..!!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default xray question

im hoping ray or someone can answer this,what do i have to do toget the xray down under 5mm in the rear?with the collars all the way up im at 5.5.not to good for carpet.unless i true the foams to almost nothing i cant get there.im usually running between 57-58 mm tires.is there a different lower shock collar i can use as i see the stock one sits up quite high on the end?
Old 02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

PW,thanks bro,i really appreciate it.im gonna be working on some new stuff this week.i got ya covered.

on the tc4 chassis you will need to shim the steering rack up.i forgot to include spacers in the kit.i will be looking into including them in the kit.the stock chassis has the posts recessed into the chassis about 1mm.sorry for the inconvenience.the front of the top deck mounts to the diff case and 4 standoffs included in the kit fit between the top deck and the diff case.the same goes for the rear.then you run the 8 stainless steel 4-40 x 5/8 screws that are supplied with your kit through the top deck and thread them into the diff cases.hope this helps buddy
Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: xray question

Originally posted by morpwr
im hoping ray or someone can answer this,what do i have to do toget the xray down under 5mm in the rear?with the collars all the way up im at 5.5.not to good for carpet.unless i true the foams to almost nothing i cant get there.im usually running between 57-58 mm tires.is there a different lower shock collar i can use as i see the stock one sits up quite high on the end?
HI,

We need to trouble shoot because getting low ride height in the back of a XRay is usually not a problem. ONly in the front when running the Carpet front shock tower. First off-you want to use the outer holes in the arms. To acheive this-you need to drmel off the shock mount boss on the arm-then drmel into the am about 1.5mm.

Dont worry-the arm is no less durable because of this mod. The most important tip I can give is to predrill the outer shock mounting hole deeper before you drmel into the arm.

Ask any questions if this does not seem clear.

Ray
Old 02-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RAy is correct, but I have seen a few cars that still couldn't get the ride height down far enough. To fix it simply take the bottom shock eyelets off and cut about 1mm off of it. That will allow the spring retainer to sit a little lower and therefore lower the car.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default xray

i actually did move the shock out origanally which basically just softens the spring but it rubbed the tire so back to the middle hole it went.i like the eyelet idea but was worried about strenght,this hasnt been an issue?back to the arm issue,ray all you are doing is putting on a softer spring by moving the lower out on the arm.using spring rate to alter ride height seems counterproductive thats why we have adjustable collars.it would seem xray would have addressed this as it is the only problem i have found with the car.if you wouldnt mind ray and im sure this has been asked before can you post a good carpet setup as a starting point.right now the car is very good pretty much out of the box with jason chassis,so good in fact two other drivers just went and bought them.
thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.