Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Big win for BMI

Hello all,

Over the weekend here in New Zealand we had a big international race meeting with drivers from New Zealand and Australia. Surikarn was also supposed to come but pulled out at the last minute.

It was a very good weekend of racing with gas on the Saturday and electric on the Sunday. I only race electric with the BMI TC3 (waiting on the BMI TC4) with SURGE Batteries so yesterday was a very busy day for touring modified. We had 4 qualifiers and 3 finals. So 7 races in one day, certainly the most I have ever done. No time to stop and think.
I managed to TQ by one second with a new track record. Another New Zealander was right behind me and the top Australian (Associated Reedy factory driver) was in third on the grid 1 second behind him. So it was very close at the top. On the grid for the first final my car developed a glitch so we changed crystals on the start line but it was still there. So I got one of my team mates to lay on the inside of thr track and hold my car until just before the buzzer. It was strange though because once the race was underway there was no glitch at all.

I won the first final but it was a freight train to the end. I was third in the second final after a crash of the start line. So it came down to the third final. I ended up coming second in the last final.
What this meant was that 3 drivers were tied on 19 points so we went to a count back which knocked out the other New Zealand driver because his last race was bad. Andrew Abbott (Australian driver) and myself were still tied though because our third result was both thirds. So we went to a second count back. So I was eventually declared the winner because I had TQed.

All in all a great weekend of racing in perfect conditions and good competition. We race outdoors on unprpared ashfelt with foams. No traction additive is allowed either. The BMI TC3 preformed perfectly all weekend and was quicker than ever. Jason, it was the chassis you made for me while I was in Florida at the Worlds. It shows how good the chassis is and how it can preform in all conditions. Imagine how quick the BMI TC4 chassis is going to be.

I have another big race meeting in a couple of weeks which will be at the same race track as the nationals which is in March. So hopefully the BMI TC4 will be ready and available so I can test it at this meeting.

So it is Monday morning here in New Zealand and I am sitting here at work typing this with a big grin on my face. I am so happy considering we expected the Australian drivers to dominate.

If anybody needs a good BMI TC3 ashfelt foam set up PM me.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

DAMN DARREN!!!!!!!!!!NICE JOB BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

thats one hell of a showing bro.congratulations on a spectacular win.my day didnt go as good. i burned up my speedo right before the main and found this out when i put my car out on the track and it didnt move .well,i guess i will have some better luck next time.i must say though,i ran the xray with the 350 chassis and it was unreal.so smoothe and easy to drive.i had good runs in qualifying.this was my first race with the car and was 4th on the grid in the A main.i was light on power andwas working on the setup so that really suprised me to be in the top 5.i finally put some power in it for the main and my speedo took a sick day .i guess i will never know what would have happened
Old 01-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jason,

thanks for the congrats!!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OOOOHHH stop , you know what would have happened.......You would be among the list of ten others i layed it down on today !!!!! You can keep the crying towel for the big one next weekend. All smack aside .... The local bmi team took 1st through 3rd in the "A" of pro stock. Lets do it again next week and show florida how its done !!!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulations Darren!!! All that practice in Florida payed off!!
I got to run my 1/12th scale today for the first time and I'm hooked. I made the mistake of letting Jason run it and I couldn't get it back from him! I think he liked it!
Old 01-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Lynn, thanks on the congrats. Yes it was a great weekend but I think I aged a couple of years with the stress. The racing was so close. Glad to hear you in 12th scale. Tell Jason to lay off. He has enough other cars etc to play with to last a life time.
Yes the time in Florida has certainly done me no harm, but I have been practicing alot for this meeting and have been trying alot of things.
Good to see you guys having fun in the Florida winter.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Blue BMI XRAY

Jason, thanks for the great service. Your shipping process is awesome. Great people to deal with.
Thanks.......Dwayne from way up north.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi,

We had a great day Yesterday as My son set TQ and new track record with his B.M.I. Xray. our Surge powered Reedy 19t was turning laps faster than most of the mod lap times.
Jason and 1/12th scale....... do I need to send you one Jason?????? also sorry to hear about your speedo..sounds like my LRP Q.

N4S:

layed it down again with your RDX........ way to go (nothing againist the rest of you guys/gals). I might have to get one for carpet next year although my son is really running well with his Xray right now.

Lynn:

Hide your 1/12th scale!!!!!!!!!!!! yes they are a blast. that's what I started out running when I first got into the hobby/sport many years ago.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jason...

do you have any TC4 upper decks for the tub chassis in stock? Is there a price and photos yet? I didn't see anyhitng on your website. How is it working out on carpet? Any up dates? Thanks.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Blue BMI XRAY

Originally posted by tandman
Jason, thanks for the great service. Your shipping process is awesome. Great people to deal with.
Thanks.......Dwayne from way up north.
i sent a email and still haven't gotten a reply ....well i did, but i wasn't told the shipping cost or how to order CAN I PLEEEEEEEASE have the order info and delivery cost on a titanium colour full FK kit.?

i know you're busy dude
Old 01-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up hey JASON !!!

sent ya an E-Mail !!! ...
Old 01-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

did this get skipped...

what are the chances of BMI making a 2mm lower chassis for the Pro4?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jason-at your convenience-please call me tomorrow at wok about the BMI TC4 project!

Ray
Old 01-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

TimXLB,

I found the parts to complete the steering rack. I put on a TC4 rack because I didn't have to do any mods to make it fit. It has a smaller profile than the original nitro rack.

We'll see how the car handles now. I have slowly changed the car to make it rotate like a beast. Who knows what will happen tonight.

Talk to ya later,

Tim
Old 01-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tim:

Hi,

Glad you found all the parts you needed. all I had were the standoffs for the slide rack. glad it's rotating the way you want it to. that TC3 was always good.... Mini was fast when he ran it. it you don't have it go to profile 6 on the GT 7 I can't remember if I had set it up that way.

VemonWorldOrder:

Hi,

Call the number on the web site. the lady (really nice to talk too) will take your oder and will tell you how much shipping is to your door.

ALSO Jason is out of Graphite and is waiting on a shippment this week. I'll let you guys know now that ALL of the colored graphite prices have gone up. I don't know how much but they did go up. the gloss and satin black stayed the same.
I am Jason to look for a different supplier for the graphite stock (hopfully with better pricing)
Thanks to WindsorGuy99 I have a strong lead for simular graphite.

and for those following the B.M.I. 1/12th sale............. things are progressing along somewhat slower than we had hoped for. a couple of snags were hit last week causing some setbacks those who want to know should either e mail me or PM me.

On another note I am back to work........not sure it this is good but. (to much of a bad thing will kill you ) so I will be a little scarce for a while. and mostly on after midnight and mid morning. to try to help with and Q's and setups and some updates.

Nexus:

Hi,

Call the shop and ask Jason about cutting a 2mm chassis for you. if there are no major changes ans he has the graphite.............. you never know.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.