Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by theisgroup
hey kevin,

don't you have problems mounting your esc that way? I had mine put in setup mode twice because of a tap on that side. I finally stood it up so I can get to the buttons and still see the screen and get to the dials of the xxtra
Well, I have heard two people say it has gone in setup mode on them during a race (I think one was you..), so I thought of mounting it on its side...but then I thought it would be a pain to see the screen. I am just using it how it is, even though I am running the risk of it going into setup mode. The thing is that the chances of that happening are soooo slim...I am not super worried about it because it is close to the wheel, and another car would have to hit it JUST right to do that.

I guess I will just have to learn the hard way before changing the positioning of it!

-Kevin
Old 08-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Neil, I'm actually racing that on asphalt. I'll just have to have 10mm ride height!
Get a chassis protector.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Talking ETC3

Originally posted by protc3
i am hoping this coming week.i just got my aluminum stock in.its just cut and run.i will try my best to get em out this week guys
This is great news Jason, I cant wait
Old 08-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

I like where you've put the fan litespeed-dom, try and do that with my t1r with modifications of course
Old 08-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, i know you have to sand the edges of the chassis and glue em, but do u have to file the cell slot (battery slots) and glue them, same with the top deck and shock towers

Chazz
Old 08-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chazz
I like where you've put the fan litespeed-dom, try and do that with my t1r with modifications of course
I got the idea from Hodapp's car. Honestly I wasn't sure if such a fan would work, but at the Nats while I was talking to Brent Thielke, he said it does work, so I gave it a try. Sure enough, my motor after a run was so much cooler.

I'm still very much learning about electric, my background is mainly 1/8 onroad gas. But yeah, the BMI chassis was much better. I end up running the main BMI chassis and stock XRAY top brace to have some more mechanical grip. Holding TQ yesterday in a club race until the 3rd heat and got collected in the 2nd corner from behind in the Main so was playing catchup the whole time, my Main batts was no good either, so end up 2nd..... not too happy about that.

Going to carpet track today to test the BMI chassis.

Dom
ps Team Butter, Thanks in advance!
Old 08-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Chazz
Hi, i know you have to sand the edges of the chassis and glue em, but do u have to file the cell slot (battery slots) and glue them, same with the top deck and shock towers

Chazz
The battery slots were already slotted, I did end up running CA glue in the battery slots. I usually do the top brace as well.

Dom
Old 08-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I got the idea from Hodapp's car. Honestly I wasn't sure if such a fan would work, but at the Nats while I was talking to Brent Thielke, he said it does work, so I gave it a try. Sure enough, my motor after a run was so much cooler.

I'm still very much learning about electric, my background is mainly 1/8 onroad gas. But yeah, the BMI chassis was much better. I end up running the main BMI chassis and stock XRAY top brace to have some more mechanical grip. Holding TQ yesterday in a club race until the 3rd heat and got collected in the 2nd corner from behind in the Main so was playing catchup the whole time, my Main batts was no good either, so end up 2nd..... not too happy about that.

Going to carpet track today to test the BMI chassis.

Dom
ps Team Butter, Thanks in advance!
Dom,

Where did you run the fan wire? I can only see a portion of it, but cannot see where it goes. I'm just curious as to how you fastened the wire and were you went with it.

Thanks,
kevin
Old 08-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

etzkev,

I ran the wire with a Novak switch and just soldered the 2 wires to the speedo's positive and negative terminals. So the fan will still be powered even if I turned the speedo off. I was told to do that so the fan can continue cooling off your motor while you are corner marshalling.

Dom
Old 08-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the pic, etzkev.

Dom

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 08-07-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

This is off topic but you know you done the fan do you recon it would just be ok to solder the wires from the fan to the positive wire and neg wire
Old 08-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

yes, thats what ive done on my xray and my pro4
Old 08-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

i have some pics of my t1r with a fan mounted to the bulk head....idk if it worked since i didnt like how the car was balanceing on the scales.....

lazybot
Old 08-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Here's the pic, etzkev.

Dom
Sweet! Keep it clean.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dom,

Thanks for the help. I can see how you did that now.

-Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.