Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Old 04-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i did not say have u ever tried an aftermarket chassis.. i asked if u ever tried a BMI chassis... there is a difference
Old 04-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

no

there isnt

its an aftermarket chassis

oh my ..................
Old 04-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Burbs,

Dont give the little child the satisfaction. He or she been bashing all over the forums. Small minded people need alot of attention. He or she is obviously of no importance, judging from the level of maturity.

Not worth shanes webspace to talk to.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

indeed
Old 04-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

How about talking about something important.

When you guys are setting up yout sedans. What methods are you using to set droop? Or are you measuring it as uptravel as is being talked more about lately?

Ive been racing on rubber tires and have not had to worry about it till lately. With the rubber tires consistant size its easier to use a gague. But with foams with tire wear do you think it makes a big difference? I even heard someone say they set it till the springs were fully extended on all 4 corners.

I plan to use up travel and set it evenly both sides with a gage after that.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Last edited by Speedie; 04-20-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

on foams, uptravel is the only way to go.

set the car at race ready trim.
Set ride height
gently hold the tires down and lift the chassis.
While lifted, measure the the ride height again.
The difference is the uptravel.

On foams, the tires will change enough in diameter so that you will need to check ride height and droop before every run.

Droop is probably one of the most important chassis tuning options as well.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

droop dosent change when your tires get smaller, just rideheight. Becuase using droop screws it wont all the sudden allow more uptravel.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

sorry i should take that back, droop dosent change untill you change your ride height, if you just let your tires wear alittle it should be fine
Old 04-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got a chance to rig up my battery holddown with the foam, seems to provide a more snug fit, will see how it goes this wednesday.

One thing I noticed is that one of the screws backed out of the pre-installed motor mount. that screw is gone, so I wanted to know what size (length mainly ) was the screw that was on the on the side farthest from the drive shaft.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Cain:

Hi,

the shortest screw (the one closest to the outside edge of the chassis) is 3/32" the other ones are 1/4". I usally check my screws during the race day. force of habit from racing other cars and having things fall off. you could use a small amount of blue loctite on the screws just to be safe.

Speedie:

we are resetting the droop acorrding to tire wear. for every 2mm of wear we adjust 1mm. uptravel is limited only when we run on a super high bite track. (like Cleveland).

Sands:

You have mail.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Rookie

tire wear changes ride height so of course you have to change the droop. usually after every run you have to check to make sure the droop was the same as the run before or if you want to adjust for slightly different weight transfer. some sponsored guys shouldnt be sponsored if they dont know this simple procedure. oh my. common sense people. common sense way to talk dumb speedie like im a small child. small children are the future of the sport.you must have a small mind to since you cant figure out droop. i mean your sponsored judging by your signature.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

protc3 - i remember you offered to hook me up with a new drive shaft from when my other broke and I said to just keep me in mind for other things?

How much would it be to get some of those really short screws that work in the motor mount? Reason I ask is I can't seem to find any shop that has them local and I hate to have to try and cut some screws and chance messing up the mount.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Wrath,

Droop does NOT change with tire wear. The only time droop changes is when you alter your ride height by adjusting the pre-load of the shocks. If you started with 3 droop, and your tires wore down to nubs, and your chassis was draggin on the ground, you still have 3 droop. Not untill you raise ride height by adjusting preload you you need to back out your droop screws. That is using the droop gage.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Man i hope that Post from Wrath was a joke. because he just made himself look like a rookie
Old 04-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

yes pitcrew i said in the above post that tire wear changes ride height. i must not have clarified it enough in my first sentence. you should adjust droop when you adjust ride height from tire wear. sorry for the misunderstanding ill reread my posts next time before i post so the small minded children like myself can understand them as well not that your one. pitcrew sounds like a sexay name

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.