Old 04-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks bro
Old 04-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Default X-Ray Chassis

Hello,
I have a Factory Team X-Ray on order through my hobby shop. I am wondering what the difference is between the stock Factory Team chassis and the BMI. I currently run a BMI TC3 chassis and love it, so I would be interested in getting the BMI for my X-Ray if it's an improvement.
Thanks
Joe
Old 04-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Joe,
I run the TC3 but I think the advantages are basicly the same. It is stiffer than the Xray chassis. The advantages are going to be probably alot more evident when racing carpet where you cannot have too stiff of a chassis. Plus you can have it in a pretty color as well.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

so then if you are not racing carpet that means there is no advantage at all but the advantage is to have a pretty color
is that what you mean?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HARLEY
so then if you are not racing carpet that means there is no advantage at all but the advantage is to have a pretty color
is that what you mean?
i think he meant you will notice it more on carpet since its real stiff. But Stiffness on Asphalt won't hurt a Car. a Stiff Car will seem harder to drive on asphalt then a car not so stiff, But its actually quicker.Hope that helps
Old 04-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Lord

yes the xray kit is stiffer than stock.that is not the only difference.i moved the batteries further forward and also inward to make the car more aggressive.a stiffer car is faster on both carpet and asphalt.it is more helpfull on carpet due to the high bite situation.a flexible car is easier to drive on asphalt being that it is more forgiving but it will not be as fast as a stiff car with the car adjusted properly.however,on asphalt,you will need a little less rigidity to accomodate lower bite conditions sometimes which is why i offer an adjustable flex top deck.these are all things you can use as a tuning option.it makes it easy for all skill levels.thanks for helping answering the questions guys.
i hope this helps harley
Old 04-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

np, You real busy
Old 04-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Lord

thanks buddy
Old 04-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Jason:

Hi,

ring me on my cell. I have a speedo for your friend. also neeed to talk about a couple things.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: X-Ray Chassis

Originally posted by koabich
Hello,
I have a Factory Team X-Ray on order through my hobby shop. I am wondering what the difference is between the stock Factory Team chassis and the BMI. I currently run a BMI TC3 chassis and love it, so I would be interested in getting the BMI for my X-Ray if it's an improvement.
Thanks
Joe
I added a lap when I put the BMI chassis on. Carrys more corner speed.

Tuning on asphalt will be trickier then stock, but ultimatly faster.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jason - great talking with you on the phone. Can't wait to try out the new stuff. I'll post and give you an update via phone on how the pieces do! Thanks for everything!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Jason!
You make anything for the Barracuda cars yet?I have a new r3 coming.I think the chasis and top deck are alittle different then the r2.Could be mistaken.LEt me know if this is in your plans.Thanks man!
Old 04-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by protc3
yes the xray kit is stiffer than stock.that is not the only difference.i moved the batteries further forward and also inward to make the car more aggressive.a stiffer car is faster on both carpet and asphalt.it is more helpfull on carpet due to the high bite situation.a flexible car is easier to drive on asphalt being that it is more forgiving but it will not be as fast as a stiff car with the car adjusted properly.however,on asphalt,you will need a little less rigidity to accomodate lower bite conditions sometimes which is why i offer an adjustable flex top deck.these are all things you can use as a tuning option.it makes it easy for all skill levels.thanks for helping answering the questions guys.
i hope this helps harley
All these changes you stated above about the BMI chassis being stiffer and having moved the batteries...is this compare to the normal X-Ray chassis or the new Factory team chassis?
thanks
Joe
Old 04-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I cyurrently have a warpspeed demon chassis kit... i do not like there toplate... i love the BMI toplate... my question is this...

will the bmi toplate fit on the standard tc3 chassis????? if it will then it should fit the demon chassis i have... i know the standoffs on the sides are longer. but i will need a toplate and the standoffs.. do u think it will fit.. thanks
Old 04-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by burbs
I cyurrently have a warpspeed demon chassis kit... i do not like there toplate... i love the BMI toplate... my question is this...

will the bmi toplate fit on the standard tc3 chassis????? if it will then it should fit the demon chassis i have... i know the standoffs on the sides are longer. but i will need a toplate and the standoffs.. do u think it will fit.. thanks
I think It would. Standoffs And topdeck should do it. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.