Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Old 03-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking sands!!

Originally posted by sands
With that style of motor mount, where you need to go through the rear suspension to get to the screws, you'll want to get a ball hex head and use deep steel cap screws. Aluminum buttons or even steel buttons will strip out over time, especially with a non-ball hex head. I'm not sure about the BMI motor mount (I own a barracuda though) the motor mounts don't line up well with the access to them, you need to skew the tool, which will strip the head if you are not careful.

But then, i'm talking out my @ss since I don't own a BMI TC3. So I'll shut up right now.

BTW, i got used to torque steer after a few laps and never thought about it after than on my old tc3. Since all the left hand and right hand corners are different anyway, the line and throttle is different. Xrays are just buttery smooth to drive - not nessicary faster or slower then a tc3. Driver skill matters so much more.

Oh yeah, my xray chassis is in the mail! Can't wait!
now why didnt I know you had something in the mail Hope you have a good time running the X-RAY they are very good cars .. I got a cuda instead . and when jason is done with the chassis .. its on baby !!!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

So is there a dirt/carpet oval team forming within BMI? I'd love to be the dirt oval test mule. This car has serious dirt oval potential. With the new wedge bodies out there from McAllister, Bolink and Parma, and one in the works from Custom Works, the oval potential is unlimited.

I love the idea of the shorter 190 arms on the inside and the 200mm arms on the outside. I have been thinking about this conversion for a while now, and hadn't seen anyone do it yet, until now.

My sick mind is already thinking about this car with a 10 turn and 7 cells like the "good ol' days" of 4wd dirt oval racing.

Anyone interested in selling a clean FTTC3?
Old 03-06-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Apexspeed,

I use the rear shock tower on my BMI car as well.....works great for me... im gonna be switching the BMI over to foam pretty soon and see what its got(never ran foam with it yet)

Jason make me a b4 conversion 4x4 chassis? When do i get my cuda chassis(ill take a gold one)
Old 03-06-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Jason i sent you a e-mail via your website... lemme know what's up...thanks
Old 03-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

hello can anybody help with this problem I'm building my b.m.i tc3 and ran into the rear bearing cap problem whats the fix for this problem thanks Jermaine
Old 03-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the car no longer requires the aluminum spacer.when you remove the spacer,it fits perfect and there is no slop.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

I ran into the same thing when I assembled mine. The bearing sits a little further forward and pinches the bearing against the drive cups. I kepe the spacer in there but sanded it down till it fit better. The rear shaft ended up supper smooth. Its just part of building something new getting all the shims right.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Chassis?

Originally posted by PaulTC3
Hi there wondering when I should receive my chassis, ordered it a few weeks back still havent had it yet.

Looks awesome btw cant wait to get my hands on it.

Please say its going to arrive before March 14th. (winter series finals day)

Paul Teece
Jason>>

Can you please check out my orders too ??

Lennart
Old 03-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

You should be getting youre Chassis any day Paul for some reason they did not give me a tracking/Label number this time so i cant even find out were it is But you should have it this week
Let me know when you get it??

Thanks Greg BMI Racing
Old 03-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Lord

hey swede dude,your stuff shipped a while ago.it should be there real soon.

very interesting race last night.we ran an open class,electric and nitro ran together.i ran stock and joe b. used the hobby store owners BMI TC3.we destroyed all of them.joe b. tq'ed and i answered back with an A main 1st. place.joe and i battled the whole race until he choked (i have to razz him a little.he will respond to this ).we ran together 3 laps ahead of the field and finished within 3 ft. of each other.all in all it was alot of fun.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Jason,

I have posted some pics of the Oval Chassis. I think htye are on page 64.

YOU ARE THE MAN.......................

The guys at the track loved the chassis and I have several on order for next season at Sandhills.....................
Old 03-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by BBHOBBIES
You should be getting youre Chassis any day Paul for some reason they did not give me a tracking/Label number this time so i cant even find out were it is But you should have it this week
Let me know when you get it??

Thanks Greg BMI Racing
OK thanks for the reply, will let you guys know when it arrives. I'm hoping it will be tomorrow (Monday) that way I can test it at my local Club Tuesday night and then again on Friday night before running it on Sunday at the finals. I'm hoping to improve my 7th place standing in the championships. Failing that I will have to run my Xray.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Yea Jay, that was pretty fun whippin up on all the nitro guys....I'll spare you any excuses on why things turned out the way they did.......I have to mention..... after the race, it was kinda strange to see someone actualy drop to the ground and breakout into tears after a R/C race with only five people in it....but hey.....you were more than happy, and you had to let it out in your own way
Old 03-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

im glad to hear that i was able to comfort you in your time of need.dont cry buddy,i will let you win next time.
give me a call in a bit.i just got the rear end of the car together.im almost there.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Jason that will teach them not to run BMI chassis cars now won't it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.