Old 10-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

i see...
i just went into BL not long ago,
didn't regret it ever since,

boy, BL is really smooth in running...
Old 10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

You will only see a tiny difference when charging 5 compared to 6... but when racing stock, you need all you can get.. hence 6 amps!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

the cell's performance will not change all of a suddent with one charge with different settings, it take a few charges to let the cells get used to the new charging method and the change in performance will show up gradually
Old 10-29-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fire
the cell's performance will not change all of a suddent with one charge with different settings, it take a few charges to let the cells get used to the new charging method and the change in performance will show up gradually
wow, i didn't know this...
i learnt something new today!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Suposedly, my cells will go faster!?!?!?!?!?

On Saturday I was speaking with Dan about how to charge and maintence the cells, and he said in about three weeks, they will be CRAZY fast. Well on Saturday I raced Sportsman(there were not enough guys to have a full Pro class, so we ended up running with the Sportsman guys), and I finished second to Jason E, and he just walks all over the Pro Stock class, and I was only about 2 seconds behind!!!

This was my new Fukuyama packs on their first race night!!! and they will go faster!!!!!

In therory, they should be at their peak, right around the SoCal GP, heehee.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Bubbles,

Awesome. Great job. Glad to hear the cells are working out and "YES" they will get even better. After a few weeks they are stupid fast.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

6A will also speed the charge up a little also....

Less charge time=more track time....
Old 10-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: CAUTION: Very long post

Originally posted by Super Steve Also,
Warm battery = more power
is this true for other kinds of batteries or just GP3300s?
It's for any of the modern NiMH cells. Since GP is the only one shipping 3300s in volume right now, they seem to be a majority of the market.

And lastly,
Shouldn't cooling batts with a fan considered not bad?
I mean, as long as the user don't falsely think that the whole battery pack is not cooled, I don't think it would damage the battery?
Mmm...no.

When you cool the pack on a fan, it disturbs the normal temperature distrbution in the cell, and makes the chemicals inside get all crazy-like (technical reason: The temperature gradient causes uneven distribution of the chemicals within the cell leading to less than optimal charge and discharge characteristics).

-dave
Old 10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by akrcracer
John, That first cycle was just to get cells use to being charged together. It's not a routine I do.. Has far as motor gearing I found I can gear new Quad 19 2 to 3 higher C2 motor... Plus stiffer springs working better in touring car class.. As far as charging yes 7 amps in high but. This has been determined from my own tests. By monitoring cell temperates during charging... That is why you get "recommended"charge amperage from matchers. NIMH cells temperates stay warm until end of charge.That is when temperate start climbing fast. Specially when charging at a higher charge rates. I charge at higher amp rate because I don't want to baby sit my cells for 40 minutes.
Now I didn't come to board to shoot anyone down. Fukuyama sold me to packs with the best numbers I ever had for a price I think anyone could not beat. I would have had settle for Trinity teams packs my hobby shop is selling at 80.00 a pack..
Akrcracer - no hard feelings. I'm not trying to argue how you charge your cells. Good luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask the Fukuyama Racing team.

John
Old 10-30-2003, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by wyd
Man the FedEx guy was suppose to deliver my batteries today. It showed they delivered them by leaving them at my front door. Well guess what no damn package. I'm worried because I have another setp of packs that are suppose to be delivered on Friday. I already called FedEx and they are going to contact the driver and see what is up. Man I never had this happen when UPS delivers to me. Now at this time I'm have 3 packs that area MIA. I hope he know what happened.

I think I will be home in time for Friday's delivery so I can ask him then if I don't hear anything. This does suck big time as I'm really wanting to get these packs because of how everyone is raving about them. Please bring them back!!!!!!!
Oh no WYD - I hope you get your cells! Check with your neighbors if you live close to them to see if they accidently left them at a neighbors house by accident. If you need us to get involved, give us a call on the number on the website. Keep us posted, and hope to see you on Sunday!

John
Old 10-30-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default shipping

You have to be very careful with courier companies...

On most shipping waybills there will be a box that you will have to mark to indicate that NO SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED (NSR)...

Some drivers have been known to mark the NSR box on their own if you aren't there to receive the delivery ( a lot of companies pay the drivers a set amount per delivery). Others will drop to a neighbour and have them sign, although then they normally will leave a post-it note on your door.

If Fukuyama shipped the package and did NOT check the NSR option, the courier company is responsible for the cells. If, unfortunately, Fukuyama uses the NSR option as standard, they run the risk of billing disputes as there is no means of having a signed 'proof of delivery' from the customer.

This happens every day when working with couriers. The customers signature on the waybill indicates that the package was received with the packaging still intact. If there is no signature, there is no proof, therefore opening the door for a dispute
Old 10-30-2003, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys,

The Halloween Classic Race was pretty intense and a lot of fun. I ran Fukuyama packs all weekend long and they performed great. As always-the BEST on the second run of the day. Especially in my 12th scale-that car was rippin and fast for 8 full minutes.
Unfortunately my 6 cell apcs never got to shine as I had motor issues all weekend long. My best armature died (comm too small) and the motor I replaced it with dynod great-then fell to 45 power on the dyno (Bad board???).

And Rob Love was flat out Flying with his TC3 (warpspeed top deck) and Fuku cells.

Ray
Old 10-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Ray - sounds like it was an awesome race. I wish I could of been there to participate. Thanks for the testimony that you enjoyed the cells....that's what we like to hear!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.