Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Peter and Rob- Great results. Way to go to represent Team Fukuyama

My next big race series starts up November 2nd, Trinity ORL indoor winter tour. It's a 5 points series, best 4 out of 5. Fukuyama will be representing hopefully knocking Trinitys top drivers away from TQ I will be racing my Xray Evo 2 along with my 1/12 RC12L3.
I have confidence in you John. Just make sure get enough practice blindfold yourself against all those other team drivers. The key is: drive like mad, think of nothing and get into the rythem and become the throttle.

Jim
Old 10-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by holycow
Jimmy, Dan,

How do your cells compare to the ZX racing crew? They have some really really good prices as well...

BTW, I was finally able to run my 1.165s after charging them on my 16x7, and all I can say is HOLY CRAP! I had more punch and speed then I really knew what to do with! I now see how those REALLY fast stock guys get so fast..

A funy story, on my second time around on the new packs, I was at like 50% power! My car was a total dog! I thought something was wrong with the packs, but it turns out I had a broken brush.

I broke a brush in my first heat Saturday, then broke another brush on a new pair in my SECOND heat! How do you guys figure that one?
Brandon,

Make sure you check the gap between the comm. There are some comms in the monster that are one sided so the gap is huge on one side and not the other. If you notice that, wrap it good and clamp down on it and cut the comm to smooth it out. It will sometimes fix that. Or get a new arm installed. Best of luck to you!

Jimmy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Performance vs Price?
There is no camparison...Fukuyama cells are simply the best... Products, quality, and service Second to none.
Not only is RcZombie an engineer, he's also a very conscious racer/invester. Please arrange with Dan with you come down to Socal and we'll have a blast. I heard you want a sig from Hara? Let me work on that.

Jimmy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Jimmy,
Are you back in the states yet? If so, are you going to be at the Toyota race with Dan? I'd like to meet you if you're going to be there.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Good luck with Comm life with those Putnams.. .. very abrasive but man do they make your motor fly!!!!
Right on the money Mike. Now if you can take those brushes and make them slightly softer and still retain the high conductivity and have the grains wear the same as the softer trinity's. Add a slightly better arm with tight winds and balanced correctly, along with a more resistive copper commutator and high polish the bushings, the you've got a winner.

*hint* look for future Fukuyama Products in stores near you.

Jimmy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Jimmy,
Are you back in the states yet? If so, are you going to be at the Toyota race with Dan? I'd like to meet you if you're going to be there.
Not yet John, just woke up minutes ago and running pcanywhere to access my puter at the office and trying to catch up on what's going on. Seems like you guys will be having fun this coming weekend. Wish I could attend but I don't think they have a novice class for me.

Jimmy
P.S. Dan just emailed me and said he bought a Honda........ one you can use to charge your batteries with. HAHA
Old 10-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Bubblestc3
]So how long does it take for the batteries to reach the orderer?(I ordered mine on friday night, so you guys should have recived the order today... how much more time after that?)

I know, I know, patience is a good thing, but I was hoping to use these batteries at next weekends Toyota race here in Irvine...
Looking at the records, your order was placed on Friday at 10:46 pm so our guys back at the office had it shipped today. You should get it tomorrow if not the following day.

Jimmy
P.S. Thanks for the kind word. Hope to meet you one day. Dan's been telling me about this kid who can drive like mad and always in the A's
Old 10-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

And how much would you expect to pay for one of those motors...10.99, 11.99... 12.99? No 4 easy payments of 9.99

But doesn't Trinity already do that on their Pro Tuned Motors???

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 10-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RCBuddha
hello all,

<snip>

Needless to say, I am satisfied with my order, thank you Fukuyama. I have another order coming this week!

Buddha
Thanks kind sir! Good luck and Happy Racing!

Jimmy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
P.S. Dan just emailed me and said he bought a Honda........ one you can use to charge your batteries with. HAHA
I wish I had a Honda. I did have to get a new charger today. Fried my Reedy Pro yesterday. I got the LRP. Only thing the bank roll could handle right now that had the features I want. Only prob is the discharge sucks on it. I can use my Indy for that though.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mike_Webb
And how much would you expect to pay for one of those motors...10.99, 11.99... 12.99? No 4 easy payments of 9.99

But doesn't Trinity already do that on their Pro Tuned Motors???

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Trinity?!

I knew you would come back with a tasteful joke!
Jimmy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jon Kerr, I hope they will be here tomorow!!!!!!

Hopefully they will, then I could build them on tuesday at SoCal, go and practice on Friday, race them on saturday, and then hopefully race them at the Toyota race here in Irvine...

That is a lot of hoping, but I think that it should all work out...
Old 10-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: more battery coming, which charger

Originally posted by Jasonchi
Hi, I'm getting 4 more packs coming hopfully by this weekend , I ordered 2 about a month ago and they are the best I've ever used. Question, I'm getting a 2nd charger and deciding between a LRP "Competition" and "Sport" model. All I'm looking for on this 2nd charger is to "Charge" battery, period. I already have discharger etc. So does "Sport" provides everything I needed? I notice the Competition support "Flex" and "linear" mode, do I even care for that?

thanks
Ahhhh.. finally a technical question I can answer. haha!

jasonchi, you may want to look into a Competition Electronic Pitbull. It only charges but very reliable and works flawlessly. In fact if you order one, get the newer revision one which is upgraded and comes in a black case instead of the blue. They work great as a "Charger charger".

Jimmy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by newracer
I know you guys are still just getting the company started but have you thought of selling any other cells? Like ones to make packs for electric planes. Some other matchers sell conditioned sells, not matched but conditioned for lower IR and higher voltage.
We're already doing cells for air soft and other battery operated paint ball gun. Those are the batteries that doesn't meet our tough guideline and out they go to our other lab where they are assembled and sold in batches. I'm looking into opening up other markets but at the rate we're moving, there's just way too many things to do at the moment. Maybe early next year.

Jimmy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Looking at the records, your order was placed on Friday at 10:46 pm so our guys back at the office had it shipped today. You should get it tomorrow if not the following day.

Jimmy
P.S. Thanks for the kind word. Hope to meet you one day. Dan's been telling me about this kid who can drive like mad and always in the A's
Ok, that is GREAT!!!!

Thank YOU for the kind words

So you will not be attending the Toyota race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.