Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Holycow - glad you're getting better results while charging. I have a reedy quasar pro charger which is the same as a 16x5 and that asks you for how many cells you're discharging and what cutoff you want for each cell. Use .9/cell and with a 6 cell pack it automatically calculates this value at 5.4 cut off. Hopefully that helps. Also, if you use 5mv/cell for 6 cells this equals .03 peak detect.

Also, for a drawing for the excess cells that Jimmy has offered, I think the body with Fukuyama decals is a good one. Also the people here that have supported Fukuyama the most since the beginning (excluding team drivers) and maybe people that have made referrals to others that have purchased cells? Just some thoughts.

Happy Racing!
John
Old 10-16-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Based on what I'm hearing about these cells, I'm going to have to order a pack and try 'em out. If they're as good as everyone says they are, I'll be ordering some more for the USTC Novak Race at Trackside.

Can't wait!

Rob
Old 10-16-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by losirob
Based on what I'm hearing about these cells, I'm going to have to order a pack and try 'em out. If they're as good as everyone says they are, I'll be ordering some more for the USTC Novak Race at Trackside.

Can't wait!

Rob
Rob - I know you'll be happy with the cells. They're fantastic. Make sure you glue your tires well if you run rubber cause the power of the cells will blow them off the rims.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Holycow - glad you're getting better results while charging. I have a reedy quasar pro charger which is the same as a 16x5 and that asks you for how many cells you're discharging and what cutoff you want for each cell. Use .9/cell and with a 6 cell pack it automatically calculates this value at 5.4 cut off. Hopefully that helps. Also, if you use 5mv/cell for 6 cells this equals .03 peak detect. John
Hey john.. dan..

Turns out it stopps at 5.4 volts all by itself... I just had to let it get right to the bottom, and it shut itself just just fine

My second pack peaked right at 9.123 volts. At least that is right where it stopped going up, and started to drop before the detector stopped the pack. It looks dead on.

BTW.. my integy sanyo3300 pack peaked right at 9.6xx volts. Do the sanyos peak at a higher voltage then the GPs?
Old 10-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Holycow - Glad that you figured out the discharge function of the charger!

Peak voltage generally depends on a lot of things. Age, IR, condition of cells are the biggest ones. Matching process should also be considered. The new 3300 GP's are much better IMO than the sanyo 3000's. 3000's are old technology. Fukuyama only uses the best cells in the CET matching process Ask away if you have any other questions and i'll do my best to answer them.

John
Old 10-16-2003, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

THanks for the help john! I think I finally have the basics down on these gp3300s. BTW, the sanyo pack I have is actually a 3300 pack, not a 3000 pack. Now that I can properly charge and properly discharge these packs, I am looking forward to giving them a real test out there on the asphault.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Ah sorry... I misread that. Good luck
Old 10-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Let me make sure I have this right before I get so confident

1. Store the cells bottomed out at 5.4v
2. Peak the pack at 6amps, with a 3mv cutoff.
3. Repeak just before the run at 6amps with a 1mv cutoff
4. after the run, discharge at 30amps.
5. let rest 1.5 to 2 hours
6. repeat whole process
7. No more then 2 or 3 charges/discharges in a day

I only plan on putting one pratice, and one race on each pack a week.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Ah sorry... I misread that. Good luck
ah no biggy Just wanted to know if there is a signifigant difference between the gp3300s, and the sanyo3300s. You would think the voltage would be relativly similar. So you are saying that how these cells were matched, along with numerous other factors, have let to this particular pack having more then 9.1 volts... but some other sanyo3300 might very well peak just like these fukus? I wonder if this pack is of any quality at all...
Old 10-16-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1st Race Results...(long)

I'm a little late posting this, but it's a good story so read on...

Got my cells Thurs Oct 2, scrambled to get them assembled for Sat (Oct 4) racing & didn't get time to cycle them, but you know they looked so good I wasn't too worried...
I charged up my #2 pack at the track, had a good setup on my car & was psyched up to show off some FR Racing power. One of the racers comes up, takes a look at my other pack & starts laughing!!!
Him - "where did you get these weird things from"
Me - "Fukuyama"... new co. in CA...just because you haven't
heard of them doesn't mean they're no good"
Him - "Yeah...we'll see"

So I line up for the first heat, a new racer hits the track, decides to take a fast warm up lap, doesn't see me on the grid...removes my right rear suspension! Didn't even get to turn a lap with my new cells.

2nd qualifier...I'm rebuilt & ready to rock...first charge on my #1 pack. I get a huge jump off the line (I know you guys said punchy, but WOW)...go on to win the heat & set TQ.

3rd Qual...back to my #2 pack...same scenario, I get a massive jump off the line & never give up 1st...new TQ.

Final...2nd charge on my #1 pack...another huge holeshot, minor racing "incident" keeps we from winning (finished 2nd), but I did set fastest lap of the day - 3 times! in the final, including on the 21st lap!...No fading of power on these cells!

The best part...after the 3rd heat 4 different racers came to look at my car, wondering what I was doing different to get so fast...and a marshall even commented on how much more punch I had than everyone else - and I was geared up from what I normally run.

From now on it's Fukuyama for me!

Denney
Old 10-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Denney, AWESOME!!!!!!!

Here a few pics of the FUKU FIGHTING MACHINE. Trying to get ready for the first USTC race next week. The Halloween Classic... Wish this car some luck~
Attached Thumbnails Fukuyama Batteries-fuku-1.jpg  
Old 10-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Pic - 2
Attached Thumbnails Fukuyama Batteries-fuku-2.jpg  
Old 10-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Pic - 3
Attached Thumbnails Fukuyama Batteries-fuku-3.jpg  
Old 10-16-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Final pic - 4 of the ever soooooo smooth bottom chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Fukuyama Batteries-fuku-4.jpg  
Old 10-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Hey RBLove

Just curious what is the purpose of the ball ends between the gearbox and the front bumper?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.