Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: storage

Originally posted by howard hudson
guy's I can not stress enough on the importance of the way you stoe your batteries when not in use. Make sure you lay them flat in your battery case and have the case laying flat. Do not stand the case on it's end. don't let this happen to you!!!! click
Man, sorry for the loss. That really sucks! Hope there were no injuries. And thanks for warning all of us.

So are you saying do not store your packs with the positive and negative cell terminals vertical? Only store them flat (as they sit in the car)? I ask for clarification, as I have a Racer's Choice (or Edge, or something) case that stores the packs vertical (individual cells standing up), and most all other cases I have seen do it that way too. If this is dangerous, I guess I have to find something else then.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: storage

Originally posted by Juan Valdez
Man, sorry for the loss. That really sucks! Hope there were no injuries. And thanks for warning all of us.

So are you saying do not store your packs with the positive and negative cell terminals vertical? Only store them flat (as they sit in the car)? I ask for clarification, as I have a Racer's Choice (or Edge, or something) case that stores the packs vertical (individual cells standing up), and most all other cases I have seen do it that way too. If this is dangerous, I guess I have to find something else then.
standing the batteries vertical is fine just make sure you keep the case its self flat. In my case the battery case was not full (some slots open) and I had it standing on end in my pit bag and gravity took its course with the wieght of the packs bowwing the foam inside the case alowwing the terminals to touch and short out.

I just dont want anyone to go through the same thing I have
Old 12-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Howard - Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate you sharing this (unfortunately) hard learned lesson with us. Sometimes we take for granted how dangerous these "toys" can be if we're not careful. Props to all the guys that helped you get up and running again.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1.169 packs

hey guys what the avenge run time on a pack of 1.169+ cells
and do they live up to there name = are they any good for modified racing

thanks
Regards
StAzIK
Old 12-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do they live up to their name? Haha, of course they do!! They're awesome cells and the HQ line is even better than the older product! If you order, tell Dan or Stephen that you're running mod and they'll pick out some high runtime cells. 420-430 seconds @ 30 amp discharge is not that hard to find these days

Dan and Stephen - A fedex birdy dropped off a package last night! Thanks. I haven't had a chance to open it yet but I'll give you a call when I do. I expect there is good stuff in there.

Happy Holidays guys! I hope that Santa is good to Howie this year after his fire.

John
Old 12-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
I would like to take a quick second to welcome a new race team to the Fukuyama family, A big congrats to Nick and Jim Stampfel for joining Fukuyama Racing. They will be a great asset to our vast and growing family. Nick is an awesome racer and his dad is no doubt one of the most brilliant minds in the r/c industry. Once again a congrats goes out to the Stampfels, "Git R' Dun!"
Old 12-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

ahhh crap now Nick is going to be even faster than he was

I'm sure you'll like these cells.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Cool Welcome!

Welcome Nick and Jim Stampfel to the Fukuyama family. You guys going to post on here? It would be nice to meet you guys since I don't believe I know you yet. Welcome aboard.

John
Old 12-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, John you gonna hit snowbirds or carpet nats this year?
Old 12-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

If I can shake some rust off my driving skills, maybe
Old 12-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

John... this is Jim Stampfel, Nicks dad. You will see me posting here from time to time... Nick rarely posts.
We are very happy to represent Fukuyama with Stephen here in the midwest.
As you can see from my signature we run for Schumacher. The MI2 is finally starting to catch on around here. Nick TQed and won the first race of the Midwest Touring Car Series and took 3rd in the second race.... so we have the car working fairly well on high traction carpet with foam tires.
I hope we can put Fukuyama in the A at the upcoming Novak race along with Stephen
Old 12-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by StephenSobottka
Hey Guys,
I would like to take a quick second to welcome a new race team to the Fukuyama family, A big congrats to Nick and Jim Stampfel for joining Fukuyama Racing. They will be a great asset to our vast and growing family. Nick is an awesome racer and his dad is no doubt one of the most brilliant minds in the r/c industry. Once again a congrats goes out to the Stampfels, "Git R' Dun!"
welcome aboard !!!!!!

he said GET-R-DUN

Last edited by howard hudson; 12-22-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ottoman
John... this is Jim Stampfel, Nicks dad. You will see me posting here from time to time... Nick rarely posts.
As you can see from my signature we run for Schumacher. The MI2 is finally starting to catch on around here. Nick TQed and won the first race of the Midwest Touring Car Series and took 3rd in the second race.... so we have the car working fairly well on high traction carpet with foam tires.
I hope we can put Fukuyama in the A at the upcoming Novak race along with Stephen
Hi Jim,

Nice to meet you and good luck with your upcoming races with your son. Let me know your impressions of the cells.

What do you mostly race, mod? Stock? It looks like all the father and son teams are kicking butt.

John
Old 12-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by ottoman
Welcome Jim. Nice to see another Schuie Team mate running Fuku as well. Best car out, best cells out. Stephen, better watch out
Old 12-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Heh, it will be just like nitro season for nick and I lol, back and forth baby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.