Fukuyama Batteries

Old 05-19-2004, 03:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Michal,

Get yourself that AE Reedy fan, I tried it on my Pro4 with good success. SoCal is probably getting higher ambient temps with the weather warming up, so don't be surprised if your getting high motor temps.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Your right buddha, the higher air temps result in a higher starting temp for the motor and it takes longer for it to cool off or keep itself cooler.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not too many are using a fan and their motors are staying decently cool. I mean my motors are 180 degrees, thats hot! I don't want my motors to delamenate on me!There has to be some sort of reason to explain why these motors are getting so hot in my car. I mean many don't use that reedy fan but their motors still stay cool even in this hot wheather. By the way, I use a novak gt7 esc if that could help with any answers. If all else fails I could just throw the car immediently on a fan after each run.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by rustler753
Not too many are using a fan and their motors are staying decently cool. I mean my motors are 180 degrees, thats hot! I don't want my motors to delamenate on me!There has to be some sort of reason to explain why these motors are getting so hot in my car. I mean many don't use that reedy fan but their motors still stay cool even in this hot wheather. By the way, I use a novak gt7 esc if that could help with any answers. If all else fails I could just throw the car immediently on a fan after each run.
check your gear mesh. i ran last week and my motor was practically on fire..and i discovered with nate's help that my gear mesh was too tight and it over heated the motor. ive read several rc sources that you can use a piece of paper to properly space out your gear mesh.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

gear mesh is right on the spot.....the spur rocks back and fourth perfectly..
Old 05-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

If you put the motor in a zippy bag, then throw it in a cooler with ice it will start out cooler and not end up as hot.

You can also put an ice cube directly on it before you race. It makes a mess if you are not careful.

If you can start your motor 40 dagrees F cooler, it will run better and end up cooler. No fan, No extra gadgets cept a piece of ice.

This is ASSuming you have no drive line drag Like gear mesh problems or something else. Does the motor fade as you race?

David Root
Old 05-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just wanted to say thanks to the people at Fukuyama. I had the honor of having Curtis Schlaht and Chris Tosolini at my track last weekend to the 2nd Annual Oklahoma TC Invitational. I have known Toso for a while now but havent had the chance get to know Curtis till this weekend. The motors and batts just plain rocked, and both put on an awesome driving show. I hope the motor venture works out great. Thanks for providing support for drivers like these guys and making such an awesome procuct that makes our hobby grow. Cant wait till the next time.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:15 PM
tornado

Originally posted by David Root
If you put the motor in a zippy bag, then throw it in a cooler with ice it will start out cooler and not end up as hot.

You can also put an ice cube directly on it before you race. It makes a mess if you are not careful.

If you can start your motor 40 dagrees F cooler, it will run better and end up cooler. No fan, No extra gadgets cept a piece of ice.

This is ASSuming you have no drive line drag Like gear mesh problems or something else. Does the motor fade as you race?

David Root
Hi All!

Over here in Malaysia....is summer all year round and racing in the mid afternoon, temp could soar as high as 37 degrees C! That would be very taxing on the motor and batteries too. We do have a fan on board and have reasonable success to keep the fever under control.

The idea of starting the run with a cooler motor ....hmmmm...could try this weekend.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

IMHO, the TC3 has a tendency to run the motors hot. You could have perfect pinion/spur mesh, and you could have a free drivetrain, but the motor still will run hot. I think it has to do with the lack of ventilation in the tub chassis; but last time i was there, you were running that double deck graphite that you got off ebay...You still running it or did you switch back to the tub?

Besides a fan, you could try cutting some releif into the front of the body, to get more air inside the car. You could also grind a bigger hole under the motor to try and get more air flow.

Last edited by RCBuddha; 05-19-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Michael,
I not sure what the internal readings of a motor motor should, but if I remember correctly the external temp of your motor was about 142. Can anyone comment on external reading of can verses the reading of the armature?
Old 05-20-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Attention Maj. Teeth

Hi Maj. Teeth,

I sent you a pm about 1.5 -2 weeks ago. Did you recieve it or should I try again?
Old 05-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

rustler753- These motors will run hot if you over gear them. You are currently running 7.3 final drive and socal is a fairly small track. Here in Florida we run in the hot weather and on small tracks we run between 7.5 and 8.0. When track size is bigger than 100 feet long then you could run pinions that give you a final of 6.8 to 7.3. These mako motors are strong motors but be careful not to over gear the motor because heat can hurt the magnets.

track size of 80 to 90 feet use 7.3 to 7.8
100 to 140 feet use 6.6 to 7.0

Remember the stock motor always comes out hot but to much heat will hurt.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Question. . .

I'm new to Fukuyama Packs, saw their performance here in Manila and I was BLOWN away!!!!! So i got them

my question is:
How many times do I cycle them before i get the most out of it?

I use LRP Pulsar Comp, could somebody using the same charger and batteries post their charging set-ups?

Much Appreciated!!

Lemuel Pia
Philippines
Old 05-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Mako Question

I am going to run this motor in my offroad buggy.. What tuning changes should I make to get the most out of it?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

lem2- You shouldn't really cycle them on the charger. All that's doing is making the cells work and you're not getting anything out of them. If you don't want to race them until they're at their best, I'd say run them in practice 2-3 times. Make sure you discharge them and store properly and don't put them on a fan to cool.

I wish I could help you guys with the stock motor questions. But I haven't run a stock motor since the Monster was brand new.

Rustler, I can say I agree with Buddah, when I was running a TC3, motors always seemed to get hot. When I switched to a Losi, I haven't had a problem since. I think it is a matter of better airflow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.