Fukuyama Batteries

Old 10-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by teamAE
Dan is there any way you can get some stickers? I would want to sport Fukuyama on my ride
Drew,
Stickers are currently being printed and should take about a week if not earlier. They'll be packaged inside the box that goes with the batteries when shipped. You were really dialed last night and your XRAY looks awesome. Come over to our shop when you get a chance and pick out some Parts if you need.

Dan
Old 10-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dan is there any way you can get some stickers? I would want to sport Fukuyama on my ride
I second that. I just got my two packs yesterday. I got some 15's. Even if they don't quite match the 17's I have, for $30- I'll keep buying them and race them. Until I'm running in a Pro class, I think driving will help me more than .01 volt will.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by desertracer
Just got the order from Fukuyama yesterday. Shipping was fast. Ordered on Friday and arrived my door on Tuesday. Haven't tested the cells yet. But the box is nice.

One thing I would like to point out is, the shrink wrap is a little too big for the cells. It's about 1/8 inch too wide. You know it takes more time to heat up the shrink if it's too big.

The IR values of 1.5x cells is excellent. It's comparable to some of my top notch 1.7x cells (may be those are not the real top notch cells). But 29.99 for 1.5x pack is unbeatable.
Glad they came to you fast. Fedex is pretty reliable so far. As for the shrink wrap, we've checked around and they're the same size everywhere. These are the exact ones that Pro-Match uses. It should fit quite snuggly when you apply it with a heat gun but with a hair dryer, you might want to use your palm to cover up the vent for a second before applying direct heat to the shrink wrap so the dryer is hotter.

But just because you mentioned this, I'll get on it and check around with other suppliers to see if I can get some slightly smaller ones. "Customer is always right!" Thanks for the support!

Dan
Old 10-01-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Thanks again for the support

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth

Well, still cranking out some awesome cells as we speak. There was some really crazy numbers from the last batch but the runtime was a little on the low side. When I looked at the numbers that came out of the matchers, I almost felt off chair.

Dan
Maj. Teeth;

How does Runtime relate to the performance of a Pack, given all other parameters being equal.

Would a Pack with MORE runtime be Punchier than a Pack with 20 seconds less runtime and everything else being identical (voltage & I.R.) except runtime. I have never seen this discussed before and was wondering.

Thank you,
Old 10-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by Maj. Teeth; 02-04-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Believe it or not, but I'm not a good RC car driver. I'm a good Viper Driver though since I did it for 18 years. LOL! While last night at Socal, I ran an old pack of 1.163 and was ballistic and the car was so punchy I had great laptimes so then I charge up a pack of 1.179s just thinking I can gear up a little and do better, but I ended can't handle the pack and was so fast hitting dots and boards and kept launching car 3 feet into air as if I was flying. Not kidding you, teamAE was there and saw me up in the air a few times during my quailifying.

Dan

Dan..

are you reliving your F-16 flying days again...
I do barrel rolls on my car..
Old 10-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Ya Dan your car was flying and with Toss drivnig it...you know
Old 10-01-2003, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What class do you usually run at So Cal. I like Sp Mod. If I have to run stock I'll run in the Sportsman class, usually somewhere in the B or the back of the A if I'm running real well
Old 10-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Just got my cells today, numbers are lookin good. I especially like those 13-15 IR numbers. Thanks for the quick shipping guys, and the packs look to be built very well. Hope to try them at the track soon and see how they run.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks again for the support

Last edited by Maj. Teeth; 02-04-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Ya Dan your car was flying and with Toss drivnig it...you know
LOL! first time out with Pinky and Chris Tosolini decides to drive the car before me with that new shiney bodies. But man! he drove it like it should be driven. hehe! I was honored he liked the car. He said he really liked the way it was set-up, so "Thanks Jimmy, if you're reading this about now"

Dan
Old 10-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Dan..

are you reliving your F-16 flying days again...
I do barrel rolls on my car..
Yeah reliving it! I was doing rolls and dives last night except there wasn't any airstrips around. haha!

Dan
Old 10-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Runtime effect of Pack Performance

Maj. Teeth;

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

in 12th scale I prefer a little more runtime over a little more voltage because you dont have to change your driving style and throttle as much at the 6 to 8 minute time span-which is so critical in 12th scale. The GREAt 12th scale drivers master this so that even though there batteries are going flat-there lap times are still amazing and consistent!!! I am NOT a great driver by any stretch so its hard for me to knw whan to start driving harder to keep the speed up in the corners. Thats my opnion on the Votage vs. runtime thing....
Old 10-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Runtime effect of Pack Performance

Originally posted by popsracer
Maj. Teeth;

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
So are we going to earn your business?

Dan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.