Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Randman
Just imagine how fast my servos would turn if my RX pack were CET treated
the servos on my mtx3 can really use the boost
Old 01-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone CET some AA cells for my transmitter?

Good luck at the snowbirds guys. I was looking through the entry list and it's stacked. Hopefully next year I will be going down with you guys.

Like the shirt too

John
Old 01-29-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'll ask Stephen to put it up when I see him on Friday. Thanks for the nice work.
sounds great...i'll be sure to upload the most up to date files.
when the Driver's Corner does go up....if there are any errors/additions in names, locations, sponsors, ect please feel free to contact me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice shirts! simple yet brings out the name and looks awesome! something tells me I definately need to talk to you and your friend bro! Please call me at the office in the afternoon. Thanks.
thanks dan i'm big fan of the 'keep it simple' design theory...i think that helps the company name/logo standout. otherwise you get all these crazy designs and the actual logo/product gets lost in the shufffle.

i'll give you a buzz later today while i'm at work...might be funny if you hear some good calls over the police radio in the background.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks jkerr0043 & Grizz...just wanna re-comfirm it.So wat u guys mean is that the battery should be like that right??
THanks again !!

i like the t-shirt too...looks cool & "deathly" too !!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah, your packs should be fine. If you don't have one, you may want to invest in a good equalizing tray too. I like the Rayspeed one. You can get it from SpeedtechRC. It has a .90v per cell cutoff and two discharge rates. It's help keep the packs in good shape.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just curious on the motors.

Are they relabels or your own design? If they are relabels, are you actually winding the mods yourself?

I know a lot of companies don't actually wind the mods, they just but their label on it and tune it up, just like the stocks and 19t.

I am excited to try one out. I love messing with motors, would be GREAT it was actually a new design as I love to see something new and test it.

Later EddieO
Old 01-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Right now the stocks are relabels and tuned. Just like everyone elses. I'm not too sure what the plans are going to be for the Modifieds. I think that's still being worked out.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Can someone CET some AA cells for my transmitter?

Good luck at the snowbirds guys. I was looking through the entry list and it's stacked. Hopefully next year I will be going down with you guys.

Like the shirt too

John
I'm pretty sure that I'll be cruising back to Florida next year as well, I missed out this year though... O well.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

YGPM dan
Old 01-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Ah, so its only stockers first....thats pretty much a guarantee they will be relabels. Makin yer own stocker from the ground up can run upwards to 100k, if not more counting design and intial order.

Mods however, can be done much cheaper and on a smaller scale. Even buying OEM from Reedy or Orion you can still wind yer own stuff.

Will be interesting to see what goes on with the mods.

Later EddieO
Old 01-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by EddieO
Just curious on the motors.

Are they relabels or your own design? If they are relabels, are you actually winding the mods yourself?

I know a lot of companies don't actually wind the mods, they just but their label on it and tune it up, just like the stocks and 19t.

I am excited to try one out. I love messing with motors, would be GREAT it was actually a new design as I love to see something new and test it.

Later EddieO
Hi, to answer your qeustion, the mod motors arms will be hand wound by us. We haven't decided which teardown can to use yet. Look for it sometime in June. Thanks.

Jimmy
Old 01-29-2004, 10:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm very impressed with the Yokomo teardowns. Possibly the Ti and Pt...
Old 01-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

I vote no on the KR's. I like the 19 turn but the mods I've had trouble with.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

The 19t Reedys come prewound, so do the epics......not sure on orions.

Not sure why you would vote no on the KR. All the reedy guys have been flying with them. Blackstock and Easton with major wins in the last few months with them.

The TI is still a solid motor, for both touring and other classes. The PT is really a 1/12th scale motor. Mike Reedy won't even build them up for racers really anymore to use in touring car.....

The KR is a solid choice.....its either that or an EPIC. Orion won't have the V2s available OEM until summer at the earliest and they are a TON more tedious to put together.

Later EddieO
Old 01-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

The reedy guys also have Mike Reedy building the KR's for them. I've just had a lot of over heating trouble and they seem to be pickey about getting the gearing and timing just right. And if you're not a pro motor builder, (which I'm far from) they're hard to deal with. I like the D5 Teardowns and I'm loving the Orion Revolution I've been running off road. I'll be getting a couple of them for on-road soon (as soon as someone has them and the brushes in stock)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.