Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Randy - What Brian said is true, he is bringing me a WES51 for me this weekend. A kicker is that the place that said my Hakko was backordered, the manager called my work phone at 6:30 last night and said they got more in and could ship. Well I already canceled that order. Doh! Just for peoples info, the Hakko 936 is back in stock at action eletronics Someone can have mine...LOL I know the WES51 is good enough for me...now do I have enough room in my pit box for it?? LOL
Old 01-23-2004, 09:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think you'll be happy with the Weller, I definately am.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gave up on all those soldering stations. I use the goot 95 and when it glows cherry red, i know it's ready.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

just want to say fuku packs kick some seroius ass, at first i was undecided but by about the 4th run they are hot, i love the speed, they got me a 2nd place stock sedan a main last night, next week, TQ
Old 01-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,

Jus another race report to say Fuku cells rock! I TQ'd with 3 Wins in qualifying, 5 seconds a head of anyone else, cons with 0.28!

Unfortunately, in the A main, there was some heavy hacking which left me spun out, 2 laps behind, I let rip with Fuku power and fought my way back up to near he top, i then got hit againm I probably would have got 2nd, or maybe first, butI had to settle for 3rd, which was pretty good i though coming from 2 laps down!

once again, thank you fukuyama!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by pballkid21587
just want to say fuku packs kick some seroius ass, at first i was undecided but by about the 4th run they are hot, i love the speed, they got me a 2nd place stock sedan a main last night, next week, TQ
We didn't have any doubts you'd like em
Old 01-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
im about ready too... how do i make my order, Dan? should we call ya, or go through the pm's?
Wes,

you can send me a PM or call me on the phone on Monday. I'm out of the office and at home now planning a suprise party for my wife's B-day. Thanks.

Dan
Old 01-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Randy - What Brian said is true, he is bringing me a WES51 for me this weekend. A kicker is that the place that said my Hakko was backordered, the manager called my work phone at 6:30 last night and said they got more in and could ship. Well I already canceled that order. Doh! Just for peoples info, the Hakko 936 is back in stock at action eletronics Someone can have mine...LOL I know the WES51 is good enough for me...now do I have enough room in my pit box for it?? LOL
WES51? ! LOL.. One of the best soldering station in the market. Before Fukuyama started, I was a general manager for a Giant SMT factory. 240 rolls of soldering station for computer components and other electronics and they used the WES50. I'm looking into a new sonic welder nowadays too.

Dan
Old 01-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Wes,

you can send me a PM or call me on the phone on Monday. I'm out of the office and at home now planning a suprise party for my wife's B-day. Thanks.

Dan
What time do you want us there for the party?
Old 01-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pballkid21587
Right on brother! keep up the good performance! Glad you're working the packs up. It's how it's DONE! !

Dan
Old 01-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by hawker
Hey guys,

Jus another race report to say Fuku cells rock! I TQ'd with 3 Wins in qualifying, 5 seconds a head of anyone else, cons with 0.28!

Unfortunately, in the A main, there was some heavy hacking which left me spun out, 2 laps behind, I let rip with Fuku power and fought my way back up to near he top, i then got hit againm I probably would have got 2nd, or maybe first, butI had to settle for 3rd, which was pretty good i though coming from 2 laps down!

once again, thank you fukuyama!
Right ON brother! Thanks for the good report. Looks like I'm have to ask Jimmy to work on some Fukuyama body bumpers for lexan. just kidding! You know you rock when you can climb back up to the top with 2 laps down! that is simply awesome dude!

Dan
Old 01-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc-zombies
What time do you want us there for the party?
I'm taking her and Trinity Grace out shopping until 4ish. People will be at the house decorating and when we walk in the door, poppers will go off everywhere! gonna be fun I'm sure. but I'l probably skip drinking since I got so drunk in the afternoon with Toso and his friend.

Well, maybe two drinks max! yeah! thats right , first drink and the last drink. HAHAHAH!

Dan
Old 01-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi dan....

do you know the solder lenght you use to tin the cells????

thanxxx.....
Old 01-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
hi dan....

do you know the solder lenght you use to tin the cells????

thanxxx.....
Yes! the width of the soldering tip. Simply lay the wire onto the cell, and quickly and light touch down with the tip. If the tip is hot enough, it'll melt instantly leaving a nice smally tin on the cell. Do that to all the cells and flip it aroud and do the other side. Then come back and solder on the battery bars. Don't forget when doing the bars to let the solder flow around the end of the bars so it forms a nice smooth joint between the bars and the cells. Good luck. Oh forgo to mention. Bare in mind when soldering the bars, you already have some soldering tin on the cells so you only need a very small amount of soldering on the tip in order for it to melt and blend in with the tin and you'll have a smooth solid joint with low IR.

Dan
Old 01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So should we plan on haviNg a hungover Dan at the tack on Sunday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.