Fukuyama Batteries

Old 11-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Putnam green's run better in oval pancar running 4-cell stock on carpet.The Reedy 767 or Tininty 4499 seem to run better for me in my tc car.I run a Monster in both of them.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Post Cycling NiMH

Hi , guys . I have a problem here, Can anyone tell me whether it is ok to recycle a NiMH battery (3000 and 3300) ? Can this increase the peak voltage? Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it
Old 11-28-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the info itchy,
do you have a temp gun or anything to check how hot your packs are peaking?

thanks again
Old 11-28-2003, 02:24 AM
Tech Regular

No I don't use a temp gun it but its pretty safe since its a very low peak. I believe the lowest you can go with an Eagle CDC is 24mV.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Cycling NiMH

Originally posted by TAC3
Hi , guys . I have a problem here, Can anyone tell me whether it is ok to recycle a NiMH battery (3000 and 3300) ? Can this increase the peak voltage? Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it
What do you mean by recycling? you mean cycle the packs to see if voltage can be increase? while this may seemed like a great idea, but you risk shortening the lifespan of you pack may it be Fukuyama Batteries or any other brand as far as I'm aware of. Please tell me exactly what you are trying to acheive here?

Dan
Old 11-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rory
thanks for the info itchy,
do you have a temp gun or anything to check how hot your packs are peaking?

thanks again
A small temp gun is a good tool to have just in case you're not peaking the pack correctly. This may not neccessary mean the pack or your charging technique is bad. Just that some chargers are different then others. Unless you're running a CE GFX. Most Noval chargers we've tested either overpeaks or underpeaks and we're still trying to figure out why. Could be our packs are not compatible? LOL.. j/k

Dan
Old 11-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

dan ,

what charging method do you reccommend for a cdc?
Old 11-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Cleveland

I see Rob Love is in the top 5 in stock so far in Cleveland. Go Fuku!!
Old 11-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hixsy
dan ,

what charging method do you reccommend for a cdc?
Hi Hixsy,

Sorry about the slow replies. Must be the raw sushi turkey we ate last night. LOL! Just kidding.

Anyways, I'm not too familiar with the CDC but here are the guidelines for your reference. Please bare in mind that the best method is to detect it with a temp gun which cost far less then any chargers. LOL..

Stock:
Charge 6.0
Peak detect .03~.05 peak detect or = 30mv to 50mv.
temp should be between 145~155f. If anything above 155f, then shut off the charger as you are over-charging. Normally, the ideal temp s 145f.

Mod: Charge at 5.0 amps
Same peak detect and temp setting. You will gain a slight few second on runtime but if the pack is high runtime, then no worries and go with the 6 amp charge.

Bare in mind that you most likely would need to equalize the pack so every cell is reading .90 volts before a charge. Best to have the packs sit in room temperature around 75~85 by itself before charge.This will yield the best performance and should be run right after it is finished charging. Good luck.

Dan
Old 11-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
A small temp gun is a good tool to have just in case you're not peaking the pack correctly. This may not neccessary mean the pack or your charging technique is bad. Just that some chargers are different then others. Unless you're running a CE GFX. Most Noval chargers we've tested either overpeaks or underpeaks and we're still trying to figure out why. Could be our packs are not compatible? LOL.. j/k

Dan
what is a Noval charger? did you mean Novak?
Old 11-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Cleveland

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I see Rob Love is in the top 5 in stock so far in Cleveland. Go Fuku!!
yeah! my boyz are doing a great job in Cleveland. Rob Love as always has the skills and the power to push on and it has really shined again! Now, Mo Denton who is another renown matcher's favorite 12th scale driver just signed on with us last week and I just got a call from him that he TQ'd by 3 seconds awhile ago. I believe this is the 2nd round. Boy! I'm seeing great results with our choice of awesome drivers. Guys who not only are one of the best, but also as friendly as can be and always likable by others anytrack, anytime. These boyz are Fukuyama's Racing asset and they all started as Fukuyama Customers. I CANNOT believe we have gone this far already and I was so "Thankful" last night over dinner that tears actually rolled down my eyes just thinking about the customers we've met and how we've instantly became friends. The support, the joyful cheers and greetings I get everytime I walked onto a track might it be a parking lot race or a competitive indoor track here in southern california. During my prayer last night, I prayed that we will continue to do our very best for all our customers may it be previous or future customers. We are grateful just to be part of Fukuyama Racing (small company with a big heart).

Thanks again.

Dan
Old 11-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tc3jp
what is a Noval charger? did you mean Novak?
I didn't want to be obvious. , but yes, for some reason, we're having difficulties with them. Could be something else though.

Dan
Old 11-28-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

I just bought a couple of ur packs .I have not charged them yet. I prolly will sat.I have a novak millienium.I do notice one thing about the novak.I have some other brand 3300 batts., 6 and four cell.The novak charges my 4-batts. prefect,just about exactly the same as my t-30 charger but, with the settings it has to offer,, it will under charge or over charge my 6-cell packs.But then again the fastest TC driver that has been to our track uses some of ur batts. and he uses the novak.He is racing in the Cleveland race.I hope he does good. He has been helping me alot with my TC car
Old 11-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tc3jp
I just bought a couple of ur packs .I have not charged them yet. I prolly will sat.I have a novak millienium.I do notice one thing about the novak.I have some other brand 3300 batts., 6 and four cell.The novak charges my 4-batts. prefect,just about exactly the same as my t-30 charger but, with the settings it has to offer,, it will under charge or over charge my 6-cell packs.But then again the fastest TC driver that has been to our track uses some of ur batts. and he uses the novak.He is racing in the Cleveland race.I hope he does good. He has been helping me alot with my TC car
yeah, we're having the the same problem with the 6 cell packs just as you're describing. Then, I would use a GFX or an older T35 and no problem each and everytime.

Whats the name of the the guy you know at the clevelands? I'll have to look him up on the boards as well. I'm so happy to see guys having success after success. You won't be disappointed with your packs. If I remember correctly, those packs were hand picked by me because I was the one who took your order. LOL

Dan
Old 11-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Default yeah baby!

bearking news!

Our Fukuyama boyz are out for the hunt! After two rounds of qualifying.

Robert Love riding on 4th in 10th scale Stock

Mo Denton TQ'd and is 1st in 12th scale Stock

Chris Tosolini is riding on 7th ahead of Hara on 12th Mod.

Dan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.