R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
For the KO Propo Grand Prix at Speeedworld yesterday, I pulled out my handout Orion 17.5 (from the IIC) to use in my Phi car. Qualified fourth in the A main against mostly Novak motors. A first turn accident (my fault from not breaking in my new tires...sorry guys) demoted me to near last place. But, my Orion helped me get back up behind second to first third overall by the end of the run. Gooooooooooooood motor!
Nice going Bill!!

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #107
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the difference between SPEC and STOCK motors?
Will you offer in near future 9,5?

Thank you in advance for reply.
Tral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #108
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

hey joe. what do you recommend for timing on the 17.5 in both 1/12 and touring. my local track everyone runs the trinity duo motor and they seem to be a tick faster with the same gearing. i got the timing the way it comes in the box which i assume is 0 degrees. just trying to find the sweet spot with these motors cause i always run orion products thanx
Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #109
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I have a 10.5 race and I noticed that when I turn the motor over by hand the magnet bump is strong then week. The feeling is every other bump. Does the rotor need replacing. It has came off the track a few time on the hot side. My 13.5 does not do this, it feels like a normal brushed motor with strong magnet bump each time.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #110
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
I have a 10.5 race and I noticed that when I turn the motor over by hand the magnet bump is strong then week. The feeling is every other bump. Does the rotor need replacing. It has came off the track a few time on the hot side. My 13.5 does not do this, it feels like a normal brushed motor with strong magnet bump each time.

What kind of temps did it come off at?

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #111
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant EyEs View Post
What kind of temps did it come off at?
About 245 or so. I still ran it all weekend and did not feel under powered. I just geared it down a few more teeth than I had it geared in practice. I just did not know if that was a sign of a damaged rotor or not.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The motor should never get over 160-175. At 200 pluse I would say that you need a new one.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #113
Tech Master

Quote:
About 245 or so. I still ran it all weekend and did not feel under powered. I just geared it down a few more teeth than I had it geared in practice. I just did not know if that was a sign of a damaged rotor or not.
Ouch...... Just keep an eye on it. If it is still performing well, then go with it. If it starts to fall off then you know you damaged it. Like Ray said, we try and stay below 180. Bet it was a missile when it was geared up though......

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Old 10-30-2008, 02:06 AM   #114
Tech Champion

With all the different rotors available what is the best choice for 1/10 off-road truck, and yes it was crazy fast. That should have been my first clue to check the temp after a couple of minutes of running. I had not run at this track before.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #115
Tech Master

Quote:
With all the different rotors available what is the best choice for 1/10 off-road truck, and yes it was crazy fast. That should have been my first clue to check the temp after a couple of minutes of running. I had not run at this track before.
Kinda depends on the track your running on. Surface plays a major role. But for the most part, we tend to use a larger rotor for the truck. Helps with getting it out of the hole a little better since they weigh more. However, at the Reedy Race this weekend, we used a smaller rotor and it seemed to run better.

Yea, if you ever think that the motor is stoopid fast while your running, just pull it off and make sure your temping o.k. just to make sure. Better to be safe then sorry.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #116

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

does the 24 and 34 fit stick applications like the 32 did? thx

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:58 AM   #117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

What's a good starting ratio for the 13.5 Stock spec motor in TC, medium track and high grip ?

Also with the purple tuning rotor can you go up a tooth or two like the novak ones ?

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
hey joe. what do you recommend for timing on the 17.5 in both 1/12 and touring. my local track everyone runs the trinity duo motor and they seem to be a tick faster with the same gearing. i got the timing the way it comes in the box which i assume is 0 degrees. just trying to find the sweet spot with these motors cause i always run orion products thanx
Hello I am not Joe nor do I work or run for orion. Advance your timing 2 degrees should really help. The people who run the orion 17.5's at my local track do this. I know this is late but hopefully this has helped you.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #119
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
does the 24 and 34 fit stick applications like the 32 did? thx

R
Yes.
FOXY923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #120
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Can't wait to get my hands on the 13.5 motor real soon. Gonna turn some heads out here in Norcal
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote