R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree1Likes

Old 12-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #466
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Arrow Orion R10 Pro and 10.1 Issues with changing motor rotation!!

Orion R10 Pro and 10.1 Issues with changing motor rotation!!

Is this something you could assist with Joe?
Old 10-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRCREW View Post
Orion R10 Pro and 10.1 Issues with changing motor rotation!!

Is this something you could assist with Joe?
That would a be a software issue no?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

How's the orion customer service? I have an R10 that isn't running smooth anymore and I would like to send it in and have it looked over and update the software if it needs it. I'm not looking for a freebie, just wondering if they service their products for a fee? Guess I need to check their website out, thought I'd ask here since I saw the thread.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

You have to contact Horizon Hobby.
USA.JQRACING.COM / WWW.NEMORACINGUSA.COM
revo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo61 View Post
You have to contact Horizon Hobby.
Ok, thanks.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #471
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)

I've been running the KO VFS/BMC (Orion has sold a re-badged one of these for some time) for several years in pan cars so haven't needed the heat sinks. Getting ready to install one in a TC6.1 chassis now for VTA and want to install the heat sink on the esc. What should I use to attach it? Seems like double-side tape would insulate them from each other which is definitely not the plan.

Suggestions?

Many thanks,

Scottrik

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #472
Tech Adept

Default weak brakes

I already wrote to orion support, but I ll try also here, here is my issue

R8 S 130A paired with quality Thunder Power 540(!)sized 2 pole motor. Sensored/sensorless, I have very weak brakes. Mechanically everything is OK, the transmitter settings are OK, it is properly paired with the receiver for sure. Switched from 1/8th buggy, where this same ESC had huge braking power. Even when I lift the car in the air and remove wheels, it takes around 1 sec for the shafts to slow down to stand-still, after brake is applied. There is no power, no "kick" in the braking system, it takes a long distance to stop the car even from medium speed.

Do you have an idea if this could be caused by 540 2 pole motor being a "too small" motor for R8 to handle braking properly, since it is a 1/8th scale speedo? Do you think that switching to 540 4pole would solve this issue, or it is just a waste of money. I suppose that since this is based on a hobbywing SCT 120A, 540 4 pole should be "supported" due to this being a SCT suitable speedo, or?

Any suggestions guys? thanks
eMDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #473
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What is the best Orion speedo to run in heavier 4wd SCT (2s application either running two 2s shorties in parallel or two 1s packs in series ) ESC will mainly power 4.5t 550 2 pole and 4000kv 4 pole.

Thanks
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #474
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I picked up one of the Team Orion Saddle 5800mah 100C batteries in a trade. It is one block battery type, not the two side by side batteries. It has 4 tubes on the one battery (2 +'s and 2 -'s). Do I have the put a bridge wire on the two tubes on the middle (+ to -)? Any help would be appreciated. Going to use on my stadium truck.
Oracer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #475
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default RED LIGHT ON ESC ?

Hi

Is there any where I can find out what the red lights means on the speedy please.
As the manual doesn't seem to have a trouble shooting fault section.
Car was running just great and suddenly lost all power. Checked car found red light on esc.
Turned car off at esc switch and back on and everything seem to be ok again.

Same thing happened about 3 weeks ago. Back then checked over car and seemed to be all ok.

I have a 10.1
T4 2016
13.5 motor
INTELLECT 6000mAh 7.4v 100C Li-PO HV
favo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #476
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

EDIT: Figured it out

Last edited by Drew Manzella; 03-06-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Drew Manzella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #477
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys from Team Orion and all happy users...

Two weeks ago I had the first outdoor race of the club season.

From my training session on friday up to the last qualifing session on sunday I had the problem that every time I put the car on the track after a few seconds the ESC slammed into blinky mode.

I am using the R10.1 Pro ESC and the VST2X 10.5 motor.

We tried:

- Changing the radio set (but that was due to a receiver failure), didn't help
- Changing the ESC to a R10 pro, didn't help
- Changing the sensor wire, didn't help

Finally I changed the VST2X for a VST2-Pro 10.5 and the problem was solved.

Now...

Does anybody know what could be the problem? Could it be a error in the sensor board unit in the VST2X motor? It was actually brand new and it was the first time I put it in the car. If it is the Sensor Board Unit, does that fall under the warranty and where would I claim that? The motor was bought through RC Speedtech (Markus Mobers).

Next week I have my next race, can I swap the sensor board units between the VST2X and the VST2-Pro??

Best regards...

Joost.

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #478
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My experience with orion has been disturbing at best!!
Not one to publicly trash a company, but they deserve it!!

I have an 8 month old orion duo touch charger that doesn't properly charge lipo's to 4.2 cutoff.. (8.4 v ) on 2 cell. (tried different batteries, several volt meters to rule out problems on my end)..

My charger will charge to 8.6 + before I stop it. The problem is the charger reads 4.2 v per cell,when in reality it is way above!!!! I had a small lipo fire due to it 2 weeks ago!!!! I have sent a few service requests through orion and got a reply about a month ago asking for serial number and firmware..Nothing since. I have sent a few emails with no response..

I am a business owner myself,and understand I cant reach everyone within a few hrs, but this is just HORRIBLE business!!!

I am now an owner of an i charger due to not being able to use my duo touch

So my thoughts on this is im out $200 for a charger that is in my mind EXTREMELY dangerous to use.. Orion has lost a customer for life.
hyperdive08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:33 AM   #479
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperdive08 View Post
My experience with orion has been disturbing at best!!
Not one to publicly trash a company, but they deserve it!!

I have an 8 month old orion duo touch charger that doesn't properly charge lipo's to 4.2 cutoff.. (8.4 v ) on 2 cell. (tried different batteries, several volt meters to rule out problems on my end)..

My charger will charge to 8.6 + before I stop it. The problem is the charger reads 4.2 v per cell,when in reality it is way above!!!! I had a small lipo fire due to it 2 weeks ago!!!! I have sent a few service requests through orion and got a reply about a month ago asking for serial number and firmware..Nothing since. I have sent a few emails with no response..

I am a business owner myself,and understand I cant reach everyone within a few hrs, but this is just HORRIBLE business!!!

I am now an owner of an i charger due to not being able to use my duo touch

So my thoughts on this is im out $200 for a charger that is in my mind EXTREMELY dangerous to use.. Orion has lost a customer for life.

Trying to contact Orion is a nightmare. Their support site, myteamorion.com, takes weeks for a lame response if you even get one and their Facebook page is useless except for them showing their pay for play wins. That leaves dealing with Horizon Hobbies who is Orion's North American distributor/warranty/service vendor.

I would contact HH and go through their prices, document everything, and be clear about what they are leading you to expect. They have a reputation for wanting products sent in so they can charge you for services or offer you a 20% discount to buy a new thing from them. Look in HH and file a Better Business complaint if they don't resolve it.
Finalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #480
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to share my recent experience with Orion/Horizon. I have a R10 Pro SC. Last time I went to the track I was getting ready for practice when I turned the car on and nothing happened. The SC was getting power, but nothing was getting to the receiver. I've been in the hobby long enough to know the voltage regulator was bad. The SC is old, but I figured it wouldn't be too expensive to repair.

I tried the Team Orion website, but that's a joke. I tried signing up for the myorion part, but it wouldn't work. Then I saw that Orion is imported by Horizon, so I called their customer service. It's a good thing they have a call back service, it took 20 minutes. I explained my problem, and asked about returning the SC. He tells me (get this) if it isn't something they can fix on the outside, there's nothing they can do. They don't even open the case. So basically I throw this in the garbage I asked? He said pretty much.

If this is the way they handle repairs, I'll never buy their junk again.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote