R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #316
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What class are you running?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #317
Tech Regular

hey all. I am really happy with the vortex motor. I just won the ROAR region 11 17.5 rubber class with a vortex, ALOT of power, didnt fade, and very quiet

HB Cyclone Moore Speed WCE Edition - HB/BMI Cyclone(foam)
Team Magic G4RS pwered by EB mods and O.S. engines
Little_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Mike View Post
hey all. I am really happy with the vortex motor. I just won the ROAR region 11 17.5 rubber class with a vortex, ALOT of power, didnt fade, and very quiet

Awesome.....

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #319
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

hey guys had a chance to run my new 13.5 v2 motor in my tc5r and all i can say is wow so smooth and so fast. i ran a final drive of 4.9 and for any tekin rs owners out there i ran my boost at 20 and motor timing in the center but i still dont know how much this is. car was a bullet and came off at 140 degrees this was software version 189 on the tekin. i have version 194 which i will try next time and if anyone needs this software for this tekin just pm me with your email and i will shoot it to you guys also lap times were right there with the fast guys
Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #320
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
hey guys had a chance to run my new 13.5 v2 motor in my tc5r and all i can say is wow so smooth and so fast. i ran a final drive of 4.9 and for any tekin rs owners out there i ran my boost at 20 and motor timing in the center but i still dont know how much this is. car was a bullet and came off at 140 degrees this was software version 189 on the tekin. i have version 194 which i will try next time and if anyone needs this software for this tekin just pm me with your email and i will shoot it to you guys also lap times were right there with the fast guys
Congrats bro. I do believe I have the old motor because I don't have the V2 motor that everyone has been taling about. I hope to get to the bottom of this as soon as my team manager gets back into the office. We have some very fast guys locally and you have to bring the best against these guys. The motor of choice right now seems to be the Duo and from the club results no one can argue that. I'll get pointed in the right direction. I just need some ponies for the warm up race next weekend so we'll see what magic can be worked out this week.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #321
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Congrats bro. I do believe I have the old motor because I don't have the V2 motor that everyone has been taling about. I hope to get to the bottom of this as soon as my team manager gets back into the office. We have some very fast guys locally and you have to bring the best against these guys. The motor of choice right now seems to be the Duo and from the club results no one can argue that. I'll get pointed in the right direction. I just need some ponies for the warm up race next weekend so we'll see what magic can be worked out this week.
version 2 is right there with the duo and speed passion. easy way to tell v2. if the motor turns mark is on bottom of can that is v2 if its above sensor wire that is v1. i have both and v2 is much faster and smoother. good luck next weekend
Old 04-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #322
Tech Champion

Quote:
version 2 is right there with the duo and speed passion. easy way to tell v2. if the motor turns mark is on bottom of can that is v2 if its above sensor wire that is v1. i have both and v2 is much faster and smoother. good luck next weekend
When you say bottom of the can do you mean the side closer to the side that the rotor sticks out or do you mean near the solder tabs? My motor says Orion 13.5 on the can right near the solder tabs. If this is V2 then maybe I received a bum one. I'll see what happens after I talk to Joe. Next week will be pretty fun if I can solve the power issue. I also should have my speedo back from Ko with the new 1.5 upgrade. We'll see what I can pull off for this race.

One more thing....why didn't you run your boost to the max setting?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #323
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Clint ,

Let me know what your findings are if you get all your stuff...I plan on running the version2 13.5 for reedy...I had one but I had a accident with it...so right now I have 2 of the race versions which are not roar legal but I have been running it with the LRP SPX...I have not found the right gearing yet..My final ratio today was at 5.3 and came off at 175 degree with a 13.5...I tried 5 flat came off even hotter....and sean williams even burnt up his motor and his spx and he was geared at 4.4 final....

Clint so do you have any idea what the guys gearing is with the spx/??
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #324
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Clint ,

Let me know what your findings are if you get all your stuff...I plan on running the version2 13.5 for reedy...I had one but I had a accident with it...so right now I have 2 of the race versions which are not roar legal but I have been running it with the LRP SPX...I have not found the right gearing yet..My final ratio today was at 5.3 and came off at 175 degree with a 13.5...I tried 5 flat came off even hotter....and sean williams even burnt up his motor and his spx and he was geared at 4.4 final....

Clint so do you have any idea what the guys gearing is with the spx/??
You know I got the info We have really been testing a lot down here. I hope to get a 2nd Orion motor as I think something may be wrong with the one I have.

SPX using profile 8 and zero timing on the motor with a FDR of 4.9 seems to be working very well.

One guy has been running profile 8 with 10 degrees of timing on the duo geared at 4.2 has been the fastest of us all but I feel he could use a little more bottom end punch and should go 2-3 teeth lower

Drew Ellis has helped out with what to do with the KO speedo and is on standby should I need him on Saturday. It also helps him with what he might run for the Reedy as well. He's on speed dial should any questions come up I hope the speedo makes it back in time so I can run it.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #325
Tech Master

Quote:
You know I got the info We have really been testing a lot down here. I hope to get a 2nd Orion motor as I think something may be wrong with the one I have.

SPX using profile 8 and zero timing on the motor with a FDR of 4.9 seems to be working very well.

One guy has been running profile 8 with 10 degrees of timing on the duo geared at 4.2 has been the fastest of us all but I feel he could use a little more bottom end punch and should go 2-3 teeth lower

Drew Ellis has helped out with what to do with the KO speedo and is on standby should I need him on Saturday. It also helps him with what he might run for the Reedy as well. He's on speed dial should any questions come up I hope the speedo makes it back in time so I can run it.
Dont worry about the KO SPEEDO.....Hiro has been running with the new profiles and he is fast. He even beat steve weisse last week...

I think the Orion race motor is way advanced because I was at 5 flat with the spx on profile 7 and came off at 196 temp...well hopefully we both get some new motors....Talk to you later
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #326
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
When you say bottom of the can do you mean the side closer to the side that the rotor sticks out or do you mean near the solder tabs? My motor says Orion 13.5 on the can right near the solder tabs. If this is V2 then maybe I received a bum one. I'll see what happens after I talk to Joe. Next week will be pretty fun if I can solve the power issue. I also should have my speedo back from Ko with the new 1.5 upgrade. We'll see what I can pull off for this race.

One more thing....why didn't you run your boost to the max setting?
i believe you have an original motor. then orion came out with the vortex 2008 with the mark above sensor wire and now there is v2 which is just an updated version with the mark on the bottom on the can. if your mark is on the endbell it is not v2. the reason i dont run max boost is because i still dont know if the center timing line is zero. i think its more like 12 degrees so i have a total timing of 32 degrees with the boost at 20. i just kept gearing up and the car felt great. maybe you can ask joe if the center mark is indeed zero
Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #327
Tech Champion

Quote:
i believe you have an original motor. then orion came out with the vortex 2008 with the mark above sensor wire and now there is v2 which is just an updated version with the mark on the bottom on the can. if your mark is on the endbell it is not v2. the reason i dont run max boost is because i still dont know if the center timing line is zero. i think its more like 12 degrees so i have a total timing of 32 degrees with the boost at 20. i just kept gearing up and the car felt great. maybe you can ask joe if the center mark is indeed zero
I was sent the wrong motor so maybe that's been part of my problem. I'll let you know how things turn out once I know if my motor situation is taken care of. I'll ask Joe and get back to you about the timing marks. What I would suggust doing is turn the timing to full left and mark it the turn full right and mark it then measure those two points then divide that in half and that should be your zero point. This is what works on the Novak motor. This should work on all motors and that way you can see if the factory timing markings are true.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #328
Tech Champion

Quote:
Dont worry about the KO SPEEDO.....Hiro has been running with the new profiles and he is fast. He even beat steve weisse last week...

I think the Orion race motor is way advanced because I was at 5 flat with the spx on profile 7 and came off at 196 temp...well hopefully we both get some new motors....Talk to you later
I just want to see how the speedo does on Speedworlds big straight. BCR is very small compared to it. If I don't get the speedo back in time I hope someone out your way comes up with the new speedo because no one out here runs one.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #329
Tech Master

I heard steve weiss, Jason C, Sean williams, and Alen Hewitt are going down there this weekend coming up but known of them are running KO....Alen and sean have spx, steve novak, and Jason losi speedo
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #330
Tech Champion

Quote:
I heard steve weiss, Jason C, Sean williams, and Alen Hewitt are going down there this weekend coming up but known of them are running KO....Alen and sean have spx, steve novak, and Jason losi speedo
Glad to hear they will be coming up to have some fun. Hopefully someone will have the KO speedo