R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #271
Tech Addict
 
Tubaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Riverton, WY
Posts: 582
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Saw an ad in XRC says that the 2400 Lipo is ROAR approved, but it's not showing on the ROAR site anywhere. Who's right?

Trying to nail this down, as we depend on ROAR insurance for our track (on state land) and want to ensure that it's usable for us.

Paul
__________________
www.wyomingrc.com | www.wyomingmodelerspark.com
Tubaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #272
Tech Elite
 
nc-hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Gweed, trust us.....we went through the same thing as you did not too long ago. Even us team drivers dont always get the nice end of the stick. We had a bad batch of 10.5's (they werent slow, but they were blowing up) at the ROAR Offroad Nats and I ended up not having a motor to run (had to switch back to brushed 19T) . Unfortunately, if it isnt for us having the issues with version 1, then the better version would not be out.

Not sure why your Version 1 motors are "soo much slower" than the 09 models, because my 08's were fast. They just werent lasting. Sometimes, when fixing one problem, you encounter a "better" way of doing something and you end up with better product. I heard Trinity recently released the Pulse motor a while back to replace the Duo motors (and discontinued the Duo), but the Pulse wasnt getting good reviews (this is what I heard from a local motor guy). I noticed on Trinity's website that it looks like the Duo is available again and the Pulse says Available Soon. I'm sure that there were some Duo owners that got rid of there motors to find that the Pulse wasnt as good. Sometimes technology has to go backwards to be able to advance forward and produce a better product. And unfortunately, sometimes the customers end up as the "testers".

Remember brushed motors? Not soo long ago, you payed for a motor not knowing for sure how fast or slow it will be or could be. Not too mention that they are "disposable", eventually you'll end up throwing it away.

Anyways, just give ORION customer service a call..it never hurts to ask. They may be able to help. You never know. Hope you can stick with the Orion stuff, the new motors are really good
__________________
Steve Butts

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #273
Tech Master
 
gweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: crimelawn
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
Gweed, trust us.....we went through the same thing as you did not too long ago. Even us team drivers dont always get the nice end of the stick. We had a bad batch of 10.5's (they werent slow, but they were blowing up) at the ROAR Offroad Nats and I ended up not having a motor to run (had to switch back to brushed 19T) . Unfortunately, if it isnt for us having the issues with version 1, then the better version would not be out.

Not sure why your Version 1 motors are "soo much slower" than the 09 models, because my 08's were fast. They just werent lasting. Sometimes, when fixing one problem, you encounter a "better" way of doing something and you end up with better product. I heard Trinity recently released the Pulse motor a while back to replace the Duo motors (and discontinued the Duo), but the Pulse wasnt getting good reviews (this is what I heard from a local motor guy). I noticed on Trinity's website that it looks like the Duo is available again and the Pulse says Available Soon. I'm sure that there were some Duo owners that got rid of there motors to find that the Pulse wasnt as good. Sometimes technology has to go backwards to be able to advance forward and produce a better product. And unfortunately, sometimes the customers end up as the "testers".

Remember brushed motors? Not soo long ago, you payed for a motor not knowing for sure how fast or slow it will be or could be. Not too mention that they are "disposable", eventually you'll end up throwing it away.

Anyways, just give ORION customer service a call..it never hurts to ask. They may be able to help. You never know. Hope you can stick with the Orion stuff, the new motors are really good
thanx bro i want to stay with orion products i like the disposable sensor wire in stead of sending it back when it goes bad like the novak. i like the power and smoothness of my original peak motor and just hoped this one would be better i guess ill buy a new one and send that one back when i get it. it just sux that i wasted 200$ i guess you live and you learn ill never buy a motor when its brand new again.

remember those brushed motors. that sucked. never want to run brushed motors and nimh batts again.
__________________
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #274
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,871
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

TOP

Where's my dogs at???? We should be sharing more info than what's been shared so far Let's get out there and make it happen
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #275
Tech Master
 
gweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: crimelawn
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

is thier any talks of new lipos for 09? maybe a 5000 30c or 35c.
__________________
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #276
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,871
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
is thier any talks of new lipos for 09? maybe a 5000 30c or 35c.
There doesn't seem to be much talk of any kind right now I'll try to get to the bottom of things once Joe get's back if he isn't turning right back around to go to the carpet nats.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #277
Tech Master
 
gweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: crimelawn
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

cool cause i trust those kokam cells hell i have 6 of them and it seems that smc is getting a lock on the lipo buis right now. a reciever pack would be cool also i just dont trust the protek one i have now and the last thing i want is my m11 to go up in smoke
__________________
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #278
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

hey guys. how do you tell the difference between version 1 and version 2. i have to order a 13.5, a 10.5, and a 7.5 for outdoor season and i want to make sure i get the version 2 motors thanx
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #279
Tech Master
 
gweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: crimelawn
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i think they stopped making the v1 dont quote me but i think it was a manufacture screw up so they just labled it v1 and the correct one was v2 which your lhs should be able to order
__________________
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #280
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
i think they stopped making the v1 dont quote me but i think it was a manufacture screw up so they just labled it v1 and the correct one was v2 which your lhs should be able to order
thanx gweed. i know my 17.5 says 2008 vortex on the box. i assume this is version 2 or are they supposed to be 2009 vortex.
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #281
Tech Elite
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

The V1 had no marking for the Motor turn.
The V2 has the marking on the end bell just above the sensor.
The V3 hes the marking on the bottom of the can.
__________________
Pound It Paints - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/270707-pound-paints-raymond-ramirez.html
RC Reveled - http://www.teamrcr.net
POUNDITRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #282
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,150
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
The V1 had no marking for the Motor turn.
The V2 has the marking on the end bell just above the sensor.
The V3 hes the marking on the bottom of the can.
Yes !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #283
Tech Master
 
gweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: crimelawn
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
The V1 had no marking for the Motor turn.
The V2 has the marking on the end bell just above the sensor.
The V3 hes the marking on the bottom of the can.
There is a v3? Wtf. Whats the diff?
__________________
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #284
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

they arent listing a v3 in the 2009 catalog. only vortex 2008 race. can someone give me part #s thanx i appreciate it
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #285
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
they arent listing a v3 in the 2009 catalog. only vortex 2008 race. can someone give me part #s thanx i appreciate it
there is no v3.. we just call it a v3 cause its the updated v2.
__________________
Brian McDuffie

TLR www.tlracing.com | TEAM ORION www.teamorion.com | AKA www.raceaka.com | AIRTRONICS www.airtronics.net | MIP miponline.com | UPGRADE www.upgrade-rc.com |
b_mcduffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Orion Lipo/Nimh Charger and Team Orion SBS Lipo Balancer birdy233 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 07-09-2008 06:44 PM
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
Kyosho 1/8 Suzuki Motorcycle With Team Orion Coreless Motor And Team Orion Flash Esc hpidriver R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-04-2003 06:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net