R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #256
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Just picked up a 2008 17.5 Vortex and I noticed there is a rubber plug in center of the end bell. Is it supposed to be removed? Looks like it rubs against the rotor shaft. Thanks.
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #257
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have an orion 10.5 and 7.5 from when they first came out. why is it such a dog compaired to the new 09 motor
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #258
Tech Elite

Has anyone experimented with the 2008 Orion Vortex 13.5 in on-road touring very much? It seems in the off-road world the Orion motors are very popular and run well. But in the on-road SPEC classes the Orions seem to be MIA. It seems to be all about the Duo motors in 17.5, 13.5 and 10.5 classes.

How does running higher Punch settings with higher FDR compare to lower Punch settings with lower FDR? - using TC Spec speedo

Example: Punch-3 @ 4.5 FDR vs. Punch-8 @ 5.0 FDR

I plan to experiment with these settings at the track. I just wantd to know if anyone else had already done so and what they found out. It might save me some time at the track.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #259
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Has anyone experimented with the 2008 Orion Vortex 13.5 in on-road touring very much? It seems in the off-road world the Orion motors are very popular and run well. But in the on-road SPEC classes the Orions seem to be MIA. It seems to be all about the Duo motors in 17.5, 13.5 and 10.5 classes.

How does running higher Punch settings with higher FDR compare to lower Punch settings with lower FDR? - using TC Spec speedo

Example: Punch-3 @ 4.5 FDR vs. Punch-8 @ 5.0 FDR

I plan to experiment with these settings at the track. I just wantd to know if anyone else had already done so and what they found out. It might save me some time at the track.

YGM
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #260
Tech Master

another question. i have an old peak 10.5 and wanted to revamp it can i send it in and if so how much? and can someone please answer my other question on why my v1 race motors are dogs compaired to the newer v2? i want to know if i should abandon orion and go to novak or lrp
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
Old 03-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #261
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
another question. i have an old peak 10.5 and wanted to revamp it can i send it in and if so how much? and can someone please answer my other question on why my v1 race motors are dogs compaired to the newer v2? i want to know if i should abandon orion and go to novak or lrp
Sorry your question hasn't been answered yet. I haven't run the V1 motors so I have no clue as to how they run I hope that another team driver comes on here to get your question answered. As far as that old Peak motor goes.....try calling Orion and see what can be done.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #262
Tech Master

cool.

"team bad guys"
Old 03-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
The V1 motors are just that. They are Version 1. The only reason to produce a new motor is because you can make it better. You might also be feeling a little faster because it is a new motor. I don't think there is a trade in plan for the old motors.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #264
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
sorry that we havent got back to you, we all been busy for getting ready for some of the races coming up. but to answer your question is that the v1 rotors are very weak and some of the internals have been change to improve the motor... hope this answe your question.

TLR www.tlracing.com | TEAM ORION www.teamorion.com | AKA www.raceaka.com | AIRTRONICS www.airtronics.net | MIP miponline.com | UPGRADE www.upgrade-rc.com |
b_mcduffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #265
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_mcduffie View Post
sorry that we havent got back to you, we all been busy for getting ready for some of the races coming up. but to answer your question is that the v1 rotors are very weak and some of the internals have been change to improve the motor... hope this answe your question.
sooooo if i send my motors in you'll fix it for free right. cause thats not my fault that what seems that your manufacture screwed you and in return your customers got screwed. i love your products i just want justification for spending almost 200$ on motors and not get what i paid for....

as for my old peak well not that old maybe a year or so ran for 5-6 months what can i do with that throw it out or can you guys revamp it for me

"team bad guys"
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #266
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
sooooo if i send my motors in you'll fix it for free right. cause thats not my fault that what seems that your manufacture screwed you and in return your customers got screwed. i love your products i just want justification for spending almost 200$ on motors and not get what i paid for....

as for my old peak well not that old maybe a year or so ran for 5-6 months what can i do with that throw it out or can you guys revamp it for me
for all of us had to get new motors. something you might want to contact orion's customer services. but the v2 is also newer technology. so like anything orion is just trying to make newer and better products. brushless tech. is still new and orion is trying to stay on top of things.

TLR www.tlracing.com | TEAM ORION www.teamorion.com | AKA www.raceaka.com | AIRTRONICS www.airtronics.net | MIP miponline.com | UPGRADE www.upgrade-rc.com |
b_mcduffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #267
Tech Master

understood but to have a new 2008 motor come out at the end of the summer and a new one 2-3 months larter labeled v2 is bs and obviously a manufacture mess up that orion should take care of. sorry i payed top dollar for all my orion motors and the old one was faster and smoother than my 08 race motor. now if i do have to send it in i have to wait till i get it back to race again or buy a new one and sell that one now i've paid 190 for 2 motors + shipping to send it back i miss 2-4 weeks or racing or i spend another 190 on two new motors and either have back ups which i shouldent need or sell two and loose 50-80$. sorry sponsered guys i pay for this stuff and want what i paid for. to boot when i called they couldent give me straight answer and said all their team guys like tebo havent had a problem. just tell me it shouldent of been sold like that fix it and we can get on with raceing. dont get me wrong i love orion products especially the removable sensor wire which novak doest have. but just help me out.

"team bad guys"
Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #268
Tech Elite

Quote:
understood but to have a new 2008 motor come out at the end of the summer and a new one 2-3 months larter labeled v2 is bs and obviously a manufacture mess up that orion should take care of. sorry i payed top dollar for all my orion motors and the old one was faster and smoother than my 08 race motor. now if i do have to send it in i have to wait till i get it back to race again or buy a new one and sell that one now i've paid 190 for 2 motors + shipping to send it back i miss 2-4 weeks or racing or i spend another 190 on two new motors and either have back ups which i shouldent need or sell two and loose 50-80$. sorry sponsered guys i pay for this stuff and want what i paid for. to boot when i called they couldent give me straight answer and said all their team guys like tebo havent had a problem. just tell me it shouldent of been sold like that fix it and we can get on with raceing. dont get me wrong i love orion products especially the removable sensor wire which novak doest have. but just help me out.
Sory to hear that you are having problems. There was a version that was very fast but had some strange issues. All the problems have been fixed and the newest motors are crazy fast and super consistant. I know that all the drivers that post on this thread are not full ride drivers. We all pay for our products. I also know that Factory drivers have their problems too. Just like any electrical products: you have a 50-50 chance to weather it will work or not. The best we can do for you is to have you call Orion and express your concerns. Our customer service is great so call away.
1-949-454-8854
Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #269
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
Sory to hear that you are having problems. There was a version that was very fast but had some strange issues. All the problems have been fixed and the newest motors are crazy fast and super consistant. I know that all the drivers that post on this thread are not full ride drivers. We all pay for our products. I also know that Factory drivers have their problems too. Just like any electrical products: you have a 50-50 chance to weather it will work or not. The best we can do for you is to have you call Orion and express your concerns. Our customer service is great so call away.
1-949-454-8854
thanx dude. i realize most of you guys arent full team drivers and pay but you also get the benefits of priority. its just fusterating that the company released something like that. i think the rotors were screwy on the v1 which makes it a less than impresive motor to me. i called a while back and couldent get a straight answer about the motor not even a mention of a v1 and a v2 motor they coulent explain it and told me to send in the motors. that means at minimum 2-4 weeks of no raceing. see my hesitation. i wish their was something i could do besides not being able to race. i guess i have no choice unless i buy new which i dont want to have to do.

"team bad guys"
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #270
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanx dude. i realize most of you guys arent full team drivers and pay but you also get the benefits of priority. its just fusterating that the company released something like that. i think the rotors were screwy on the v1 which makes it a less than impresive motor to me. i called a while back and couldent get a straight answer about the motor not even a mention of a v1 and a v2 motor they coulent explain it and told me to send in the motors. that means at minimum 2-4 weeks of no raceing. see my hesitation. i wish their was something i could do besides not being able to race. i guess i have no choice unless i buy new which i dont want to have to do.
The new motors are amazing. Just get one.