R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #241
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_mcduffie View Post
ORI30117 Advantage Charging System w/LiPo Capability is the charger we all used on the team.
but like steve said there is a new lipo charger w/ built in balancer coming out soon.
Thanks I'll look in to that, and how soon do you think that new charger is doing to be available?
tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #242
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiko View Post
Thanks I'll look in to that, and how soon do you think that new charger is doing to be available?
we are hearing at the end of march.... but thats a maybe.. waiting to hear back from pillars. let you know

TLR www.tlracing.com | TEAM ORION www.teamorion.com | AKA www.raceaka.com | AIRTRONICS www.airtronics.net | MIP miponline.com | UPGRADE www.upgrade-rc.com |
b_mcduffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #243
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_mcduffie View Post
we are hearing at the end of march.... but thats a maybe.. waiting to hear back from pillars. let you know
Sound good keep us posted.
tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #244
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

hey guys i was reading the setup on ryan cavalieri orion motor and it says -3 lines on timing. how much timing is this. thanx
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #245
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
hey guys i was reading the setup on ryan cavalieri orion motor and it says -3 lines on timing. how much timing is this. thanx

18 degrees. Each line is 6 degrees.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #246
Tech Fanatic

thanx stlnlst. now is this clockwise or counter clockwise from center. i only ask because it says -3 lines like that would be negative. asuming the center line is 0 degrees. thanx again
Old 02-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #247
Tech Champion

Quote:
thanx stlnlst. now is this clockwise or counter clockwise from center. i only ask because it says -3 lines like that would be negative. asuming the center line is 0 degrees. thanx again
It would be counter clockwise. I also assume the center line is 0 degrees and I move the slash mark towards the right of the "0" mark to increase timing. I hope this helps you in what you're trying to do. I'll be trying 0 degrees of timing along with the new settings I was given for the Orion speed control. I'll let you know how that goes after the weekend.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I was told by Pillars that each line is 4 degrees

the "-3" that most of us are running is turning the endbell clockwise (retarding the timing). It will depend on the timing setting in the ESC as well...

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #249
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
I was told by Pillars that each line is 4 degrees

the "-3" that most of us are running is turning the endbell clockwise (retarding the timing). It will depend on the timing setting in the ESC as well...
He told me 6
Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Now that I think about it, my conversation with him was an older one in regards to the 2008 Race V1, perhaps a little different on the V2's?

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #251
Tech Fanatic

tanx for the help guys. i race the 13.5 and 17.5 v1 motors in onroad with great success at 0 timing .but im gonna do a little 2wd buggy with a 7.5 v2 motor in offroad. i have the tekin rs with version 189 with the boost timing so i want to make sure i dont kill the motor i know the settings for ryans lrp so i will try to duplicate that. i will let you know how that goes
Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #252
Tech Champion

Quote:
tanx for the help guys. i race the 13.5 and 17.5 v1 motors in onroad with great success at 0 timing .but im gonna do a little 2wd buggy with a 7.5 v2 motor in offroad. i have the tekin rs with version 189 with the boost timing so i want to make sure i dont kill the motor i know the settings for ryans lrp so i will try to duplicate that. i will let you know how that goes
From what I've seen of the Tekin speedo you may want to run O timing on the motor and max boost. This is with the 13.5/10.5 motors though.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #253
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
From what I've seen of the Tekin speedo you may want to run O timing on the motor and max boost. This is with the 13.5/10.5 motors though.
yeah thats what i run but thats more for 17.5 1/12th scale. : i know tekin runs the 13.5 and 10.5 at 24 degrees on the motor and like 12 on the boost but this is with tekin motors. i dont know what i would set the orion 7.5 at
Old 02-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #254
Tech Champion

Quote:
yeah thats what i run but thats more for 17.5 1/12th scale. : i know tekin runs the 13.5 and 10.5 at 24 degrees on the motor and like 12 on the boost but this is with tekin motors. i dont know what i would set the orion 7.5 at
I'm not too sure what to set it at either. I have only run the Orion 13.5. Maybe try going on the Tekin thread and ask what they run their 7.5 motors at and then try the same on the Orion. Once you get a good setting with the 7.5 please share with the rest of us Good luck and happy racing.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #255
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I'm not too sure what to set it at either. I have only run the Orion 13.5. Maybe try going on the Tekin thread and ask what they run their 7.5 motors at and then try the same on the Orion. Once you get a good setting with the 7.5 please share with the rest of us Good luck and happy racing.
ok i will post on tekin and let you know