Wiki Posts
Search

Team Muchmore USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
I am looking for some help. I bought the CDX-DT Platinum discharger and I am having all kinds of trouble getting the pushbuttopn switch on the far right to work. I think the switch is bad and probably needs to be replaced. I think I can solder good enough to remove and replace. How can I find the correct part number of those switches or maybe I will swap switches with one I rarely use. Anybody lese gone down this road ?
Also, which charger is best for Lipo batteries ? does muchmore make a balancer ?
I had a problem with one of mine not working on a Motor master. It was just dirty under the button at the contacts. If I pushed it hard it worked. A little contact cleaner and compressed air and it was good as new. You may try that first. If not Much More USA has an awesome repair center that is super fast.

EA
Old 10-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I had a problem with one of mine not working on a Motor master. It was just dirty under the button at the contacts. If I pushed it hard it worked. A little contact cleaner and compressed air and it was good as new. You may try that first. If not Much More USA has an awesome repair center that is super fast.

EA
EA, thanks for the tip, I tried it last night, took off the display panel, used some cleaner and spray with air, tried a few times with no luck. I think the pushbotton switch has gone bad. Any place where you can find manuels that might give a part number ? Where can I find the repair center info ? Again, thanks for the quick response and the info.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
EA, thanks for the tip, I tried it last night, took off the display panel, used some cleaner and spray with air, tried a few times with no luck. I think the pushbotton switch has gone bad. Any place where you can find manuels that might give a part number ? Where can I find the repair center info ? Again, thanks for the quick response and the info.
I will see if I can find the exact repair center info from them. I have not had to send any MMR items in for repair...only Futaba.

I'll post it when I find out.

EA
Old 10-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MMR repairs are done through Hobbico.
Hobby Services is where MMR items are sent for repair
Old 10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
gijoe... a couple of questions..

1. what is the main difference btw the SWEEP and the QTS tires?
2. what is the insert that comes in the premount SWEEP series tires?
3. what is the equivalent SWEEP tire comparable to RP30s? Sorex 36R (for Sorex im assuming its the 36. just not sure for the RP30s since you have a "28" and a "32" tire.)

looking to pick up some SWEEP tires but dont want to make the wrong choice. i currently race in sunny southern california where the predominant tire are RP30s and Sorex 36Rs.

thanks for the help!
no love for tire explanations?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

no love for tire explanations?

Hebiki,

I sorry man I have been very busy and I have not been on here in awhile.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

gijoe... a couple of questions..

1. what is the main difference btw the SWEEP and the QTS tires?
2. what is the insert that comes in the premount SWEEP series tires?
3. what is the equivalent SWEEP tire comparable to RP30s? Sorex 36R (for Sorex im assuming its the 36. just not sure for the RP30s since you have a "28" and a "32" tire.)

looking to pick up some SWEEP tires but dont want to make the wrong choice. i currently race in sunny southern california where the predominant tire are RP30s and Sorex 36Rs.

thanks for the help!

1. Side wall thickness, the QTS tire has a thicker side wall to keep the tire from rolling over on carpet. Plus the QTS is a softer tire and traction comes up quick with these. ( I really love using the Sweep Tire Cleaner and Refesher with these tires) makes them feel like soft leather.

2. Aqua? I will have to recheck this.

3. The Sweep line has 24~40 deg tires, the Sweep tire is a little harder than the RP and Sorex so they last longer, they used a differnet formula. I would say if you compair the two the Sweep 32 is more like the Sorex 36.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you guys know if there will ever be a software update for the CTX-C charger to do lipo charging at more than 1amp?

Tamiya is going to be selling a TRF version of this charger, but it seems a little silly that it won't be able to charge your lipo race packs...
Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
1. Side wall thickness, the QTS tire has a thicker side wall to keep the tire from rolling over on carpet. Plus the QTS is a softer tire and traction comes up quick with these. ( I really love using the Sweep Tire Cleaner and Refesher with these tires) makes them feel like soft leather.

2. Aqua? I will have to recheck this.

3. The Sweep line has 24~40 deg tires, the Sweep tire is a little harder than the RP and Sorex so they last longer, they used a differnet formula. I would say if you compair the two the Sweep 32 is more like the Sorex 36.
thanks dude! now i can order the correct tires from my LHS.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Who can i contact in regards to faulty CTX-W unit? I live in Australia but willing to send to US if needed. Cheers
Old 10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

question will the ctx-c charge lipo? I see that they do li-ion, is that the same thing?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
question will the ctx-c charge lipo? I see that they do li-ion, is that the same thing?
I do believe it will, but only at 1 amp. Not very realistic. Take a look at the Silent Charger. It will go up to 6 amps and has an optional docking station for balancing. It's a pretty dialed little set up.

Rob
Old 11-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How does that magnetic temp probe work withe your typical Hard-Case lipo? I imagine it won't stick onto it.

BTW: I still think a software update for the CTX-C would be better (to charge lipo at high-amp rates). This way you could still have CTX charging for your Nimh cells, and have the option to go Lipo later on...
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Much More CTX Cell Master

Hi,

Does the Much More CTX Cell Master discharge Lipos 7.4V packs?

If i set discharge to 6 cell and cut off 6.5 volts would this be ok?

Thanks
Old 12-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
Hi,

Does the Much More CTX Cell Master discharge Lipos 7.4V packs?

If i set discharge to 6 cell and cut off 6.5 volts would this be ok?

Thanks

Yes. You can discharge Li-po pack just like Ni-MH in that way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.