R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #841
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am gone until Next Monday... I will try and check in thru the week, but I hear the track does not have Wi-Fi...so IDK yet.

I will respond to all PM's and posts next monday.

Thank you all for your tremendous support!

Matt
Luxury Dirt Oval Racing Chassis and Performance Accessories
The MurfDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #842
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just like to update everyone about murfdogg motors down at the chili bowl. As far as i have heard they are making a very strong showing down there. Matt and jay landalt are both at the top in both 13.5 lm and the sprint cars. That was the last i heard. best of luck to everyone down there.
soccerstud5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #843
Tech Rookie

Default Chili Bowl

Matt drew a #1 for the 1/8 LM dash, got ran through in the first turn and came back to finish second.

The 13.5 LM dash was won by Matt using 13.5 Murfdogg power. Will be starting from the #1 position for the main.
josmurf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #844
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Great news, keep it up.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #845
Tech Rookie

Default 13.5 LM Main

Matt wins by over two laps.
josmurf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #846
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Matt Murphy wins 13.5 Late Model Dash & A-Main at the Chili Bowl Jr.

Congrats to Matt "MurfDogg" Murphy on winning the 13.5 Late Model Dash...and then backing that up by winning the A-Main by 2 laps over the field!!! Way to go Matt!!!
curtisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #847
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by josmurf9 View Post
Matt wins by over two laps.
oops...I should have refreshed the page before I posted.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #848
Tech Adept

Default Pro 1/8 Scale Late Model

Matt "MurfDogg" Murphy finished 2nd in the Pro 1/8 Scale Late Model Dash...and went on to finish 5th in the A-Main.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #849
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69

Nice job Matt. Congradulations to the entire Murfdogg team.
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #850
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I noticed on the www.tqrcracing.com site that they described the 17.5 Murfdogg motor as designed for touring cars. Is Murfdogg's design interest primarily geared towards satisfying what car racers need? In the 17.5 class of motors, do SC and Stadium trucks benefit from a different power profile or whatever?
Rufus2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #851
Tech Regular

Hey Matt,

Sorry I didn't call you last week. Something came up. I'll give you a call this weekend or tomorrow if your not busy. Take care
LittleGoob93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #852
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus2010 View Post
I noticed on the www.tqrcracing.com site that they described the 17.5 Murfdogg motor as designed for touring cars. Is Murfdogg's design interest primarily geared towards satisfying what car racers need? In the 17.5 class of motors, do SC and Stadium trucks benefit from a different power profile or whatever?
YES, these are very good motors for SC racing. I currently use them in to major championship tours in the northwest. In both series I have TQ'd and won the last two rounds running Murfdogg motors. One series is zero timing and the other is a boosted class. The motors pull very strong out of corners and have great top speed on the straights. As far as spec class racing goes, I don't think there is a better motor out there.

note: Murfdogg Motor Works is also the ROAR Region 11 stock short course champion for 2010 and I also placed 2nd in mod running the exact same 17.5 motor!!!
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #853
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought I'ld go ahead and get one of these Murfdogg motors. No one sells them locally. The only place I could find that had them in stock is the tqrcracing web site. On the order page there is a place to put in a discount code. I don't know if there are any current ones out there. Does anyone have a shareable discount code for purchases in the $75 or $100 or $150 range for this online store?
Rufus2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #854
Tech Fanatic

OK Guys, I am back. Happy to report another win for MurfDogg SYNERGY Motors. I won the 13.5 Late Model class at the 2011 Chili Bowl Jr. in Tulsa Oklahoma this past week.

I used a MurfDogg SYNERGY 13.5 motor with (2) MurfDogg SUPERCHARGER 5000mah 60C 1S Lipo Packs used as Saddle Packs to power my car.

My Custom Works chassis was outfitted with MurfDogg Ceramic bearings throughout, including inside the motor, and our Silicon Nitride Diff and thrust balls.

This package allowed me to cruise away to an easy 2 lap victory, including fast lap of 6.10 seconds in the A-Main, which was almost half a second quicker than the second place drivers best lap of 6.55 seconds. In fact my top 20 laps in the Main were faster than any other drivers fast lap. MurfDogg power gave me the competitive edge I want everytime I am on the track.

Matt
Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #855
Tech Fanatic

Just an FYI for current and future MurfDogg customers.

I publicly post when we will be closed, as I travel to many races around the US. Like most businesses, business Hours are Monday thru Friday, 9am to 5pm PST. I make myself available as often as I can via all outlets including email and rc forums including this one.

I sent this person a PayPal payment request on January 5th. The payment was made on January 9th(SUNDAY) at just before 3pm. I had announced publicly, as well as with my email automatic response system that we were out of town racing, and would not return until Monday the 17th.

I received payment via Paypal on a Non Business day, and the next possible time to process his order was the 17th. He filed a dispute with PayPal claiming that I ripped him off. This guy lives in South Africa. If I ship Usps International 6-10 business days, and shipped it Monday the 10th, (When i was out of town), that would be 5 business days before he filed a claim that I ripped him off.

I have refunded this guys money, and in his exchanges with me, he has vowed to put MurfDogg out of business with his personal vendetta. He claims he will use a smear campaign against me telling the world about my terrible customer service.

I stand behind my products, and I offer my customers the best customer service I can.

I just want the public to hear my side of the story before this guy starts blasting me.

Our new MurfDogg Company Policy:
Orders will ship 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If I am leaving for a travel race, orders not processed and shipped 3 days before I leave will not be preocessed and shipped until I return. Those dates will be clearly and publically posted on this and othe RC forums.

Thank you for you time, understanding, and continued support of MurfDogg Racing.

Matt Murphy