Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
wow heard matt beat up on the locals-jake this past saturday,all the planets were alighnened huh lol..
Thats what I hear too, Good run matt.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Everyone gets lucky now and again. I had the run of my life saturday at pegasus. Fun layout that matched my driving style very well. I also had lots of motor over everyone which really helps.

May race at Racers Haven on Friday, then practice saturday at pegasus, and be ready for JBRL Sunday.

See you all at the track!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
I also had lots of motor over everyone which really helps.
Nothing new
Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Everyone gets lucky now and again. I had the run of my life saturday at pegasus. Fun layout that matched my driving style very well. I also had lots of motor over everyone which really helps.

May race at Racers Haven on Friday, then practice saturday at pegasus, and be ready for JBRL Sunday.

Are you kidding!?? Matt was on it Saturday night.....no luck about it. His stock truck and his Slash (along with his driving) were dialed and fast. Good job bud!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sun shines on a dogs butt (steve butts) once in awhile..
Old 06-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

murfdogg you get my PM?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tofu- You got PM. Sorry about slow response.

Headin out to Pegasus Saturday Morning. Cody is ridin down with me. We will practice till about 5 and then head over to Irwindale Speedway to watch some Racing and avoid the worlds longest club race. If anyone wants to join us, you are more than welcome to! I hope they run the track wet!!! But I doubt they will.

Matt
Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ROAR Nationals!!!

It is now official!

MurfDogg Motor Works is heading to the ROAR Offroad Electric Nationals in Omaha, Nebraska. MurfDogg's ace stock class driver Brent Calvert will represent in the Stock Truck and Buggy classes. Brent was Stock Truck runner-up in 2008. I will also be racing in the Short Course Truck class as well as Stock Truck. Other MurfDogg powered entries include John and Erika Drawe from Michigan. Look for live race updates on LiveRC.com.

We will fly out June 23rd and return June 29th. We will be closed during that week.

MurfDogg Motor Works is currently the only Motor company to win the 17.5 class at the Offroad Nationals, and we will do our best to keep it that way. Its time to show the whole country once again why you better.........

.........RACE ONE or CHASE ONE
Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

matt pm
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

MURFDOGG MOTORS LAY'S IT DOWN........
man that was pretty fun weekend,i havent raced in over 2 months so my expectations were pretty low and we missed all practice thanks to little jim beam and coke so..
stk truck was great calvert,mitchell and myself intell a last chance take out move by bill cock at the finish line(he ran me over the finish line from behind-raming me etc),i got even in slash though..
i finished 3rd in slash after making it upto 2nd whole race but i need a murfdogg motor in my slash i couldnt get over the small double and it kept flipping me over trying and jake was able to get by me on the last lap..
i missed my first sst tk truck quali and came from the back in the b-main by running 2 secondS a lap faster than kock in the lead but i came up .900 sec short and missed the A.. motors were great my 13.5 murfdogg motor was amazing to run,if i could have gottin to run the track in my first quali with track in tact i would have been middle pack in the A..
but all in all very fun hanging with my teammates,now long wait for camarillo,gonna be a big road trip..

Last edited by BISBEE 248; 06-08-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

What a weekend! The MurfDogg team pulled off the weekend sweep. We came into our opponents home track, and won every class!

Brent Calvert was outstanding all weekend long, grabbing TQ honors in both Stock classes. He continued his dominance in the A Mains where he ran away and hid from the field. This was a great warm up race for him before the Nationals.

Josh Mitchell had a good showing in Stock, and had no luck in SS 4 Wheel. Austin Bishop was fast in 2W Stock, and won the Expert Slash class.

7 of the 9 A-Main qualifiers in Stock Truck were MurfDogg team drivers and Customers!

Cody Turner led the way in SS Buggy! Early trouble struck Cody on the very rough track, but he kept charging back to the front in a strong showing.

Travis Erkeneff was the class of the field in SS Truck. He led wire to wire after taking TQ honors.

Brian Sullivan TQed and won SS 4Wheel. A hard charging Cody Turner pushed him throughout the main, but Sullivan prevailed. A great 1-2 finish for these very fast teammates.

I even made my second A-Main appearance of the season. I qualified 8th in Stock truck and finished 6th, just missin a top five spot.

All in all it was a great day in the MurfDogg Family. Everyone was fast, as the cream rose to the top. Just another example of......

.......Race One or Chase One!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hey matt...what do you think of the Duo2 motors? are they any good? or is it too early to tell?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Whatup Murfdogg? Man, where is that website?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

The DUO2 motor will be the motor of choice once approved by ROAR. Same great components as the OG Duo, but with infinite timing adjustment. They are claiming better rotor power also. TRINITY needs this after the flop of the Pulse.

Matt Murphy
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Matt,

What different turn motors do you offer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.