R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #406
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Glad the drama is over....

What turned out to be a driver was going really fast....guys asked to see the motor...driver said no.

Guys came to Robert and asked to see it. Robert asked to remove the sticker to see if it is a 13.5 ??? It was a legal 13.5 and allowed to run. It was not a big deal, only drivers made it such a problem. I think its a compliment to be asked to show your motor and its legal. That means you are super fast and have a dialed ride. All this drama over a sticker...the stickers are cool.

I have run Matts motors and love them. I enjoyed the power I had at Hot Rod. Thanks Matt for your support.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #407
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
Glad the drama is over....

What turned out to be a driver was going really fast....guys asked to see the motor...driver said no.

Guys came to Robert and asked to see it. Robert asked to remove the sticker to see if it is a 13.5 ??? It was a legal 13.5 and allowed to run. It was not a big deal, only drivers made it such a problem. I think its a compliment to be asked to show your motor and its legal. That means you are super fast and have a dialed ride. All this drama over a sticker...the stickers are cool.

I have run Matts motors and love them. I enjoyed the power I had at Hot Rod. Thanks Matt for your support.
I sure hope your not refering to me.
215slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #408
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Travis,

No it was not you....

Everything is all cool now...
Old 05-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #409
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default JBRL Results from Hot Rod

MurfDogg Motor Works had yet another spectacular day at the races, this time dominating the JBRL at Hot Rod Hobbies.

Team Driver Brent Calvert led the domination, Top Qualifying the Stock Truck, Stock Buggy, and Super Stock Truck classes. He followed up his qualifying efforts with victories in all of the Mains, completing the Trifecta!!! Brent used MurfDogg 17.5 motors in both stock classes and a MurfDogg 13.5 motor in super stock. Brent was the only Stock Buggy to jump the Large double in the middle of the track, and the only Super Stock Truck to clear it for the entire 6 minutes of the main event.

Austin Bishop finished second in Stock Buggy, the only other driver on Calverts lead lap, in his first race back with the MurfDogg Team. Bobby Stafford also made the A-Main in stock buggy as well as teammate Josh Mitchell.

Stock Truck saw a gaggle of MurfDogg powered trucks in the A-Main, with Calvert ending up out front, Brad Wintermantle second, Jonathan Leach third, and Matt Murphy(me) fourth. David Orner, and Josh Mitchell also made the A but luck wasnt on their sides. A remarkable 6 out of 10 A-Main Drivers chose MurfDogg 17.5 Power.

Cody Turner laid down an impressive TQ run in 4WD Super Stock, running his MurfDogg 13.5. His TQ run would have qualified him 3rd in 4WD Mod. Teammate Brian Sullivan qualified 2nd, and vowed to have a great A-Main battle amongst teammates. Cody showed rediculous speed, but a few bobbles found Sullivan in the lead, trying to pull away. As Cody closed the gap, he hit a dead car parked backwards in the sweeper which ended his run and gave Sullivan a sunday drive to the finish to take the win.

Turner qualified second in super stock buggy, opting to run MurfDogg 19turn brushed power. Cody, ran the fastest lap times turned all day in this class, as he proved that brushed still is competitive. He was leading the A-Main, until mechanical troubles sidelined him early. Nick Lasley bumped from the B-Main to the A after a rough day in all of his 3 classes.

Calvert was the only MurfDogg representative in the Super Stock Truck main event, but proved to be the class of the field with superior horsepower and very clean runs all day long.

MurfDogg power was definitely the class of the field, proving once again....

...RACE ONE or CHASE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Murphy
Luxury Dirt Oval Racing Chassis and Performance Accessories
The MurfDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #410
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Congrates to the whole Murfdogg Team for putting in such a strong performance this weekend at the JBRL.

I heard two other racers that where not running Murfdogg motors that were complainging about how fast the Murfdogg 17.5 were this weekend and to be honest the idea's are very interesting but dont make alot of sense.

Cant wait for Round 4

Speedtechrc.com / Team Orion USA / Airtronics / Proline / Bartalone Racing / rcinsider.com / 818Designs
What up? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:53 PM   #411
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MurfDogg View Post
MurfDogg Motor Works had yet another spectacular day at the races, this time dominating the JBRL at Hot Rod Hobbies.

Team Driver Brent Calvert led the domination, Top Qualifying the Stock Truck, Stock Buggy, and Super Stock Truck classes. He followed up his qualifying efforts with victories in all of the Mains, completing the Trifecta!!! Brent used MurfDogg 17.5 motors in both stock classes and a MurfDogg 13.5 motor in super stock. Brent was the only Stock Buggy to jump the Large double in the middle of the track, and the only Super Stock Truck to clear it for the entire 6 minutes of the main event.

Austin Bishop finished second in Stock Buggy, the only other driver on Calverts lead lap, in his first race back with the MurfDogg Team. Bobby Stafford also made the A-Main in stock buggy as well as teammate Josh Mitchell.

Stock Truck saw a gaggle of MurfDogg powered trucks in the A-Main, with Calvert ending up out front, Brad Wintermantle second, Jonathan Leach third, and Matt Murphy(me) fourth. David Orner, and Josh Mitchell also made the A but luck wasnt on their sides. A remarkable 6 out of 10 A-Main Drivers chose MurfDogg 17.5 Power.

Cody Turner laid down an impressive TQ run in 4WD Super Stock, running his MurfDogg 13.5. His TQ run would have qualified him 3rd in 4WD Mod. Teammate Brian Sullivan qualified 2nd, and vowed to have a great A-Main battle amongst teammates. Cody showed rediculous speed, but a few bobbles found Sullivan in the lead, trying to pull away. As Cody closed the gap, he hit a dead car parked backwards in the sweeper which ended his run and gave Sullivan a sunday drive to the finish to take the win.

Turner qualified second in super stock buggy, opting to run MurfDogg 19turn brushed power. Cody, ran the fastest lap times turned all day in this class, as he proved that brushed still is competitive. He was leading the A-Main, until mechanical troubles sidelined him early. Nick Lasley bumped from the B-Main to the A after a rough day in all of his 3 classes.

Calvert was the only MurfDogg representative in the Super Stock Truck main event, but proved to be the class of the field with superior horsepower and very clean runs all day long.

MurfDogg power was definitely the class of the field, proving once again....

...RACE ONE or CHASE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Murphy

who's that guy in bold?

just kidding bud, 2nd round of the FTMS series is this weekend and as of now i'm 3rd in mod truck w/ good ole 10.5 Murfdogg power, funny thing is Dakotah and all the other guys will be running 6.5's or close to it... yet none of them pull away from me

Losi 8B 3.0~ O.S. Speed Spec 2/ Nova 9901/ Savox HV servos/ Speed blend
Losi 8T 3.0~ O.S. Speed Spec 2 / Losi re-10/ Savox Hv servos/ Speed blend
Nankinhobby.com/ Punch RC/ Darkside Designs/ Murfdogg Motor Works
chedda bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 PM   #412
Tech Regular

where can i get a motor?
tofuburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 PM   #413
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuburger View Post
where can i get a motor?
P.M. TheMufdogg
Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #414
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)

Travis are you gonna be at there this weekend?
JohnnyLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #415
Tech Regular

Ya. Are you?
What day are you going?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #416
Tech Master

ya im going up saturday. probably be there around 3 or so. anyone know what time the club race starts? or if there even is one.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #417
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLeach View Post
ya im going up saturday. probably be there around 3 or so. anyone know what time the club race starts? or if there even is one.
Johnny,

Pegasus club racing starts at 5pm on Saturday.

Speedtechrc.com / Team Orion USA / Airtronics / Proline / Bartalone Racing / rcinsider.com / 818Designs
Old 06-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #418
Tech Master

SWEEEEEET! that means ill make it in time for the club race. i was hoping it wasnt starting at like 2 like hrh did, cause i cant get out of town as early for this one
Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #419
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLeach View Post
SWEEEEEET! that means ill make it in time for the club race. i was hoping it wasnt starting at like 2 like hrh did, cause i cant get out of town as early for this one
if you need to, talk to Louis and he will sign you up if your going to get there around or after 5 so your already in the system. Its what alot of the locals do if they cant get there before racing starts. I would also expect alot of people so you should have alot of time.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #420
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow heard matt beat up on the locals-jake this past saturday,all the planets were alighnened huh lol..
Brent Bisbee #248 AKA:Captain Red cup racing

Speedtechrc.com: The only way to shop
TLRacing.com / ProlineRacing.com / Airtronics.net / Miponline.com / Rcinsider.com / Bartolone Motors / Home of the "Bisbee no tell motel"-on wheels..
BISBEE 248 is offline   Reply With Quote