R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #361
Tech Fanatic
 
The MurfDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

During the races. Actually it was just before the A-Mains. Perhaps may have affected the ootcome of the race. Get a driver all riled up telling him he is illegal cause he is cheating. I can certainly see that affecting a driver just before his A-Main event.
__________________
Matt "The MurfDogg" Murphy
MurfDogg Racing - www.MurfDogg.com- ROAR National Champions!
Brushless Racing Motors - Li-Po Racing Batteries - Aftermarket Accessories
Luxury Dirt Oval Racing Chassis and Performance Accessories
The MurfDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #362
Tech Elite
 
What up?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Corona, CA USA
Posts: 2,348
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 215slowpoke View Post
Josh

It was about 20 minutes before the mains started on Sunday.


Travis Erkeneff
Thats BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MurfDogg View Post
During the races. Actually it was just before the A-Mains. Perhaps may have affected the ootcome of the race. Get a driver all riled up telling him he is illegal cause he is cheating. I can certainly see that affecting a driver just before his A-Main event.
I dont get it then.........How can you qualify for the A-main when your motor was disqualified? wouldnt they put you down to the lower mains?
__________________
Josh Mitchell

Speedtechrc.com / Team Orion USA / Airtronics / Proline / Bartalone Racing / rcinsider.com / 818Designs
What up? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #363
Tech Elite
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Super hurting. Sorry to hear this.
__________________
Pound It Paints - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/270707-pound-paints-raymond-ramirez.html
RC Reveled - http://www.teamrcr.net
POUNDITRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #364
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 131
Default

just curious, are these motors on the roar approved motors list?
truck driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #365
Tech Master
 
$Tmoney$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 1,529
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

ill never go to ocrc again just cause of the staff they are not a friendly crowd to be around by any means and this just adds to y reasons why i will never go back
$Tmoney$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #366
Tech Elite
 
What up?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Corona, CA USA
Posts: 2,348
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Matt you have a PM
__________________
Josh Mitchell

Speedtechrc.com / Team Orion USA / Airtronics / Proline / Bartalone Racing / rcinsider.com / 818Designs
What up? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #367
Tech Fanatic
 
The MurfDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ROAR Approved!!!

YES all MurfDogg Motors are ROAR Approved. Our motors are approved under the Trinity Duo badging. We use Trinity Duo base motors and go through an extensive blueprinting process, and enhance several parts of the motor. Our motors are by far the fastest motors on the track in 17.5 and 13.5. However I have never heard of a motor being deemed illegal because it meets all specifications and is simply just too fast. The staff of OCRC has called my motors 12 turn brushless motors!?! With what proof do they make such accusations.

I am one of a limited few people in the world that has figured out ways to optimize brushless motors for maximum power. Because of my hard work, extensive R&D, and astonishing race results, I believe I have the best product on the market. I am not sorry that I produce fast motors. I have developed a dyno on which i test my motors. My 17.5 motors produce on average 5-10 watts more than other major brands offering of 17.5 motor. I will not use other brand names because I am not about bashing anyone or saying "product 1 is inferior and product 2 is better than product 3 or 4." All I am trying to do is defend my companies honor.

I build high quality racing motors, and I stand behind their legality. Tear one down anytime anywhere and I guarantee they will meet all ROAR specs as they did at ROAR National last year. Tear them down and check everything. But please if you are going to tear apart motors, please leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. I am pretty sure that not one OCRC employee knows how to properly tech a brushless motor, nor do they have the appropriate equipment to do so.

Matt
__________________
Matt "The MurfDogg" Murphy
MurfDogg Racing - www.MurfDogg.com- ROAR National Champions!
Brushless Racing Motors - Li-Po Racing Batteries - Aftermarket Accessories
Luxury Dirt Oval Racing Chassis and Performance Accessories
The MurfDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #368
Tech Fanatic
 
wayboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 866
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MurfDogg View Post

I ask that all Team Drivers and customers alike join me in a Boycott of OCRC. They have unfairly treated my customers, and slandered my very reputable, trustworthy name. Please do not support a place that will accuse people of cheating without any evidence. They made their racers, their own paying customers feel uncomfortable and unwelcome at their own facility. This is a very serious situation, and until Robert Black calls me to clear up the situation, i will maintain this position. My #is 661.644.5860.

Matt Murphy
MurfDogg Motor Works
BOYCOTT OCRC? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this sounds like a bunch of children whining! The motors got challenged and no one put up, most know the saying put up or shut up. Matt Murphy I don't know you personally but from these recent posts, you are a drama queen, and this bashing pretty much shows how first class you are. You know how easy Robert is to get a hold of and yet you put up a spectacle on RC tech bashing a great facility. If you were as first class as you claim to be you would have called Robert first thing and settled things personally, face to face and walked him through a tear down of your motors proving their legality. Thats what an adult and a person standing behind his motors would do.

Jeff Kulp
wayboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #369
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Moorpark, Ca.
Posts: 348
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Jeff

Forgiveness is given long before forgotten. I think he is only asking for things to be made right.
215slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #370
Tech Master
 
$Tmoney$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 1,529
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayboarder View Post
BOYCOTT OCRC? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this sounds like a bunch of children whining! The motors got challenged and no one put up, most know the saying put up or shut up. Matt Murphy I don't know you personally but from these recent posts, you are a drama queen, and this bashing pretty much shows how first class you are. You know how easy Robert is to get a hold of and yet you put up a spectacle on RC tech bashing a great facility. If you were as first class as you claim to be you would have called Robert first thing and settled things personally, face to face and walked him through a tear down of your motors proving their legality. Thats what an adult and a person standing behind his motors would do.

Jeff Kulp
ocrc aint that great dude track is way to small and the people there are typical oc people stuck up and think there better than everyone now went west coast opens that will be a nice facility. matts a great dude with an awesome product ur just mad that u dont run one of his motors race one or chase one
$Tmoney$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #371
Tech Master
 
DannyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Beach/Miami
Posts: 1,935
Send a message via Yahoo to DannyS
Default

Travis, I completely agree, Anthony A was running my truck with a Murfdogg motor in it on Saturday and Sunday. I was approached by staff at OCRC and told that the 13.5 murfdogg motors is actually a 12.5. I found this upsetting due to the fact that I’ve been running that motor in my truck for some time now and have competed at races that have tech and the motor always passed. I also run a Banzai motor and it's just as fast but nobody thinks their illegal due to the fact that they’re not as flashy and colorful. When I was told that the sticker was pulled off by Anthony I was upset. If the motor is illegal and we're breaking the rules then we deserve to be punished or banned. But as far as assuming, well you know. My truck is very very fast, and that has to do with the fact that I gear it with a 69 spur and 35 pinion. I don't win every race but that is because my driving skill isn't that good not because my car isn't fast. Anyone running the murfdogg motors didn't win because their motor was faster but because drivers like Anthony and Travis and others put in the extra hard work and practice to be great drivers. Great job to all who raced this past weekend and congratulations to all the winners and participants.
__________________
Danny Stojakovic
West Coast Raceway & Hobbies
Off Road Club Racing Wednesdays @ 7pm & Saturdays @ 6pm
714.739.4298
DannyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #372
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Default

I will not race a at track that turns down honest people from racing and does not support Matt and team.
Austin Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #373
Tech Fanatic
 
The MurfDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Jeff,
I also do not know who you are, however, you need to rethink who is childish. Racers spend countless thousands of dollars to race at the competitive level. Racers purchased my LEGAL motors and are told they are cheating. Because other racers complained that they were too fast?! That is a terrible reason. Sounds to me like other people should figure out how to go fast. Whether it be through better batteries, chassis, or motor. That doesnt matter.

OCRC has tarnished my company image, as well as my own personal image because my company name is also my nickname. It is outrageous to call something illegal for no reason.

Robert made no attempt to verify legality of anything. He did not call me first, he just made them illegal. He owes me and my racers a public apology, and should publicly state that MurfDogg motors are legal.

We are current ROAR National Champions. But we are somehow cheaters and even cheated the ROAR Officials.

You must have some association with the track to be jumping on here bashing me. I did not find out about the situation until after they were deemed illegal. It is also not my duty to check legality of motors racing at OCRC or any other facility, and to say that it is my fault for not doing so is very rediculous.

Once again thank you to all my customers and supporters. All your MurfDogg Motors are legal everywhere in the world except OCRC.

Matt Murphy
__________________
Matt "The MurfDogg" Murphy
MurfDogg Racing - www.MurfDogg.com- ROAR National Champions!
Brushless Racing Motors - Li-Po Racing Batteries - Aftermarket Accessories
Luxury Dirt Oval Racing Chassis and Performance Accessories
The MurfDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #374
Tech Elite
 
Syber Serulean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Riverside
Posts: 3,656
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean
Default

You got my vote. OCRC is overrated. Im not saying its bad for you fanatics, but that as good as it is, it can still be better. West Coast and Placentia/LRH hobbies (as well as the ever prevailing Pegasus Hobbies) are gonna be the "it" places. Pegasus alone has one of the greatest racing atmospheres around. Fun and relaxed. I hope west coast and LRH develop into the same kickback relaxing program that us peg locals are use to


-Chris Arellano

Last edited by Syber Serulean; 05-18-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #375
Tech Adept
 
KidAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: so cal
Posts: 187
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Tmoney$ View Post
ocrc aint that great dude track is way to small and the people there are typical oc people stuck up and think there better than everyone
True colors come out on this one post, ridiculous comments.
__________________
SC10 #78
Losi Jrx-2 in the 80's (ah memories)
later converted to Jrx-T
KidAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SAVAGE - SS, .25, .21 Official Thread! Horatio Monster Trucks 11167 05-15-2017 08:40 PM
** The Official HOT or NOT Thread *** JVT MTX3 Chat Lounge 2431 12-30-2007 04:19 PM
Official MT2 RTR Thread PowayLAX1 Electric Off-Road 18 03-20-2007 01:03 PM
LST Official Thread Whipple81 Monster Trucks 0 10-06-2004 10:30 AM
The Official xxx-nt thread rushdude Electric Off-Road 1 09-24-2003 03:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:21 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net