R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Team and Company Discussions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions-105/)
-   -   MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions/218959-murfdogg-motor-works-discussion-thread.html)

stitchy 05-08-2008 11:42 AM

How about some basic information, like:

1. What kind of motors available, more specifically stock motors?
2. Pricing
3. How to order
4. Do you have distribution, or can we only buy direct?

Thanks for any info!:smile:

nc-hopsing 05-08-2008 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg (Post 4424921)
I was told today that metro has 18 inch tall weeds overrunning what used to be the track, and no sign of life anywhere. This is just speculation, but i wouldnt be shocked if the race isnt in bako. track is not in any shape for racing from what i hear. i do know jimmy owns a track the race could be moved to...

just speculation...do not take this as an official word from anyone involved with the jbrl.

Casper said that the track is a go.......here's what he posted yesterday....

JBRL update. Talked with Jimmy who has been in touch with Don. Racing is on for Metro and they have recently redone the track. No club racing Friday or Sat but track will be open for practice until the sun goes down on Sat.

Normal JBRL race schedule for Sunday. The back dirt parking lot will be open this year for those that want to bring RV's!

seaball 05-08-2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg (Post 4389037)
Coming Soon:

www.MurfDogg.com

The MurfDogg

i've waited years for this!

The MurfDogg 05-08-2008 08:09 PM

We currently offer Brushed Stock and 19 Turn motors:
CO27 based stock motors - $45
Komodo 19 based motors - $50

Brushless Spec Motors:
10.5 and 13.5 - $80
(we do not plan on carrying 17.5 brushless motors in the immediate future, as we feel they are not competitive with brushed stock motors...yet).

Brushless Mod Motors
5.5, 6.5, and 7.5 - $90

Motors are currently available Direct from us, and soon will be available on our website. They are also available from Racers Haven Hobbies, Hot Rod Hobbies, and Pacific Coast Hobbies.

To order direct, contact us on this forum, or email me at:
[email protected]

Thank you for your interest,

Matt Murphy
MurfDogg Motor Works

lbckevin 05-08-2008 09:56 PM

Matt,

You going to Bakersfield 2....?

Syber Serulean 05-09-2008 01:12 AM

any chance you guys might be experimenting with the new trinity mystery stock motor?

http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/item.asp?item=TRI16301

would be interesting to see what this puppy can do if its all its cracked up to be @_@

losijoe99 05-09-2008 07:11 AM

Does a can of freon come with theses motors?? For How overlypriced these slow motors are I would rather run my fast Mvp that I have used to motor your team guys.:nod::nod::nod::):):ha::ha::ha::ha::ha:

nc-hopsing 05-09-2008 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by losijoe99 (Post 4428719)
Does a can of freon come with theses motors?? For How overlypriced these slow motors are I would rather run my fast Mvp that I have used to motor your team guys.:nod::nod::nod::):):ha::ha::ha::ha::ha:

Wow, another rude post to add to the collection you have over on the OC/RC forum. :mad:

I cant wait to see how fast your car is at the next JBRL race....................:tire:

Syber Serulean 05-09-2008 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing (Post 4429611)
Wow, another rude post to add to the collection you have over on the OC/RC forum. :mad:

I cant wait to see how fast your car is at the next JBRL race....................:tire:

yep. Trolling is the name of his game.

losijoe99 05-09-2008 01:42 PM

Thats awesome I love trolls.:ha::ha:

b_mcduffie 05-09-2008 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by losijoe99 (Post 4428719)

wow looks like there a slow guy in here!!! hey steve where did all of the team guys finish at the last jbrl..... thats right at the top!!!!:D

K_King 05-09-2008 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by losijoe99 (Post 4429705)
Thats awesome I love trolls.:ha::ha:

I'm not one to start an argument lolz, but who are you and where do you race?

The MurfDogg 05-12-2008 05:58 PM

Kevin,

I will be attending all JBRL races, as well as the ROAR nationals, Hot Rod Shootout, and Reedy Truck Race. I also will try to make as many Hot Rod club races as possible.

LosiJoe,

You are the first person to note how slow my motors are. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will find more power to give my drivers. Our results over the past year have not said much. Perfection is our goal, and until we can win every stock and 19 turn class at every JBRL race and all the major SoCal races, we will not rest. Perhaps we can sit down at Metro and discuss some motor tuning. You may be able to help find the extra power we have obviously been lacking. I will buy you a cold Pepsi.

Motor Pricing: MurfDogg Motor Works sells motors direct to Hobby Shops in Southern California. Unlike "other" motor companies out there, I will not have a MSRP of $45 for a motor and then sell direct to the racer at $30-35. That is not good business practice. If a racer cannot purchase a MurfDogg Motor from his Local Hobby Shop, we invite him to contact us direct. We will not undercut the hobby shops and tracks that provide us a place to race. If they dont make money, we do not race.

MurfDogg motors are race ready and have received every "legal" tweak possible. You will not receive more for your money anywhere. Yes they do cost more. But you get more. I stand behind my products and attend all the major races to support my team drivers, and more importantly my customers.

Matt Murphy
MurfDogg Motor Works

The MurfDogg 05-12-2008 06:09 PM

Mystery Stock Motor

We will be playing with the new stock motor. I believe it will have an advantage over the CO27, but only in TC racing. I believe the higher weight of Offroad vehicles will handicap the quad rotor arm. TC racing is better suited to high RPM motors, Offroad is certainly not.

But I am certainly gonna test it to see what it has.

The MurfDogg

Syber Serulean 05-12-2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg (Post 4438388)
We will be playing with the new stock motor. I believe it will have an advantage over the CO27, but only in TC racing. I believe the higher weight of Offroad vehicles will handicap the quad rotor arm. TC racing is better suited to high RPM motors, Offroad is certainly not.

But I am certainly gonna test it to see what it has.

The MurfDogg

thanks for that info! I figure the weight savings in 2wd buggies by going lipo will allow that motor to also excel? I guess thats a toss up though...

but yeah will definately check this out for my RCGT class car.