R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #76
Tech Master
 
So*Cal AFDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Gonna be running my new Speedzone in my SC10 on March 5th at Thunder Alley for round two of the GRRS! Can't wait for it to come in the mail
__________________
-Aaron Willming
~ Hobby-Pro USA ~ Viper-RC ~ IERC Raceway ~

www.IERCRaceway.com - www.Facebook.com/IERCRaceway
So*Cal AFDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #77
Tech Master
 
Doug T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NC by way of NorCal
Posts: 1,295
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Awesome packs. First race with my new speedzone 5400 50c's. TQ and win in Stock SCT. These packs are fast, had a great day. Thanks Gavin and Team Speedzone.
__________________
Speedzone USA- VSR Racing- M2C Racing- HRP-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed RC- Hobby Stop- S&B raceway- The Badlands- King RC
Doug T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #78
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude View Post
Gonna be running my new Speedzone in my SC10 on March 5th at Thunder Alley for round two of the GRRS! Can't wait for it to come in the mail
Will be there shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug T View Post
Awesome packs. First race with my new speedzone 5400 50c's. TQ and win in Stock SCT. These packs are fast, had a great day. Thanks Gavin and Team Speedzone.
Nice run Doug...
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #79
Tech Elite
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell
Default

I ran the first annual Enid RC Shootout in Enid, Oklahoma this weekend. I qualified 4th and finished 4th in stock truck. In the triple A's I had a 4th, 5th and a 3rd. My 5800 packs ran great in stock truck. I had plenty of punch all weekend. I also finished 3rd in E 8th buggy with 2 3rds and a 1rst.
__________________
Maclin | VP-Pro USA
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
tcrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Farmington, Mo
Posts: 2,647
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Default

Gavin,
Thanks for adding me to the team!!! Looking forward to running such a well talked about lipo from a company with a good reputation. Also ordered a 17.5 motor.
tcrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #81
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrain View Post
Gavin,
Thanks for adding me to the team!!! Looking forward to running such a well talked about lipo from a company with a good reputation. Also ordered a 17.5 motor.
You are welcome. It's been a long road but we are finally getting some well deserved exposure due to our product performance, quality, service and on-track finishes. And I am not resting on those accomplishments. We will improve and expand even further in 2011.
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #82
Tech Regular
 
fullout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: mississauga
Posts: 316
Send a message via MSN to fullout
Default

Thanks for adding me to the team. Yesterday at our club race i qualified 4th and finished 2nd in 17.5 sedan. I wasn't running your batteries yet as they are still in the mail. But just knowing they are on the way gave me all the confidence i needed. I can't wait to see whats going to happen when i actually receive them.

Daniel Weinstein
__________________
Daniel Weinstein
Xray T4 15, Xray XB8 14, Xray XB4 14, Kyosho TKI 3, Kyosho RB6, Sanwa M12
rcamerica.com
performancehobbies.ca
orcarc.com
fullout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #83
Tech Master
 
So*Cal AFDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Crazy race weekend at GRRS #2 at Thunder Alley!

Open mod SC I qualified 4th in my heat, and 8th over all for the A-Main out of 3 heats of open mod SC. Started the A-Main about 10:30PM, not sure what I placed. But I believe it was 5th. I'll update when I find out.

Intermediate 1/8 nitro buggy I qualified 3rd in my heat. Wound up 5th over all out of the 4 heats in the B-Main. I was on attack to bump to the A-Main between 1st-4th, and with 3 minutes left I cracked the case on my motor and got a DNF.

I'll send my heat sheets over once they are uploaded to the site.

Any Ideas if there are receiver packs on the works?
__________________
-Aaron Willming
~ Hobby-Pro USA ~ Viper-RC ~ IERC Raceway ~

www.IERCRaceway.com - www.Facebook.com/IERCRaceway
So*Cal AFDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell
Default

I just got back from the Bigfoot in Dallas. We ran 3 qualifiers Saturday and the mains today with about 185 or so entries. I qualified 8th in the A of stock truck running 5800's and 6th in the A of mod 4wd buggy. I finished 9th in truck and 7th in buggy. I made a few too many mistakes today to move up, but it was a good weekend overall.
__________________
Maclin | VP-Pro USA
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #85
Tech Master
 
So*Cal AFDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Here's just a pic of my 2011 paint schemes with the Speedzone logo proudly placed on them

__________________
-Aaron Willming
~ Hobby-Pro USA ~ Viper-RC ~ IERC Raceway ~

www.IERCRaceway.com - www.Facebook.com/IERCRaceway
So*Cal AFDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Crossing fingers 4S come soon, and saddle packs by the start of indoor season next year.
__________________
Why is this hobby so full of drama? Its toy cars....
Dlewis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #87
Tech Elite
 
Dustin's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Topeka,KS
Posts: 4,014
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
Crossing fingers 4S come soon, and saddle packs by the start of indoor season next year.
+1 on that

ran the 5400 40C 2s for 1st time this weekend, runs great, thanks for the great products Gavin
__________________
Dustin Thompson
HB Racing
AKA Racing
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #88
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullout View Post
Thanks for adding me to the team. Yesterday at our club race i qualified 4th and finished 2nd in 17.5 sedan. I wasn't running your batteries yet as they are still in the mail. But just knowing they are on the way gave me all the confidence i needed. I can't wait to see whats going to happen when i actually receive them.

Daniel Weinstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude View Post
Crazy race weekend at GRRS #2 at Thunder Alley!

Open mod SC I qualified 4th in my heat, and 8th over all for the A-Main out of 3 heats of open mod SC. Started the A-Main about 10:30PM, not sure what I placed. But I believe it was 5th. I'll update when I find out.

Intermediate 1/8 nitro buggy I qualified 3rd in my heat. Wound up 5th over all out of the 4 heats in the B-Main. I was on attack to bump to the A-Main between 1st-4th, and with 3 minutes left I cracked the case on my motor and got a DNF.

I'll send my heat sheets over once they are uploaded to the site.

Any Ideas if there are receiver packs on the works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
I just got back from the Bigfoot in Dallas. We ran 3 qualifiers Saturday and the mains today with about 185 or so entries. I qualified 8th in the A of stock truck running 5800's and 6th in the A of mod 4wd buggy. I finished 9th in truck and 7th in buggy. I made a few too many mistakes today to move up, but it was a good weekend overall.
Good runs everyone. Real good feedback on the packs.
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #89
Tech Master
 
David Galdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 1,652
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo
Default

Billy, your rides looked good all weekend. Tons of rip! Those jumps on the left were tough to nail down.
__________________
Hot Bodies | HPI Racing | HPI TV | Speedzone USA | Team Epic | Trinity | TRC
V-Dezign 4.0
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell
Default

Thanks David. They weren't bad, just couldn't get through that 5 jump section consistently. Practice Friday was so busy I spent most of my runs not even on the drivers stand. The best I could do was to get up on the ramp. I wish you could have stayed and hung out more.
__________________
Maclin | VP-Pro USA
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speedzone sellout mxdawg Georgia Racing 8 07-25-2008 07:25 PM
Speedzone Raceway TimPotter Florida Racing 1399 11-14-2005 01:04 PM
Speedzone PW_5 Tennessee-Kentucky Racing 3 02-20-2004 06:38 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net