Search
Like Tree94Likes

Speedzone Batteries & Motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug T
Great weekend for Team Speedzone. Ran Friday Night Series race. Speedzone 1st and 2nd in E-Buggy A main. I Tqed and won 1/8 E-Buggy, with new team driver Scott Debbold in a close second place finish. Great racing. Thanks Team Speedzone.

Doug T.
Fantastic Doug. Good to see the 4S packs doing good. Heard Blake did great as well.

Originally Posted by smokinu
Well the motown showdown is in the books.

It was a big local race that brought in 93 entries to my home track.
I ran mod 2wd buggy, mod 2wd sct, and mod 4wd buggy.

2wd buggy: i had a rough day. Friday started off with my speed passion reventon pro getting the dreded "brick" issue when an update failed. So saturday was race day and i qaulified 8th into the amain. With factory associated driver chris jarosz taking tq and local fast kid and tekin driver derek s taking second. After a rough start and dealing with some traffic i finished 7th in the amain.
My peerless motor and batteries ran great with awesome power.

Mod 4wd buggy: I had some rough qauls dealing with traffic but i still made the amain and started in 5th place.. i made a hard charge for 3rd place late in the amain and got tangled with lap traffic on the last lap and finished 4th.

Mod 2wd sc: i had some decent quals and made it into the amain starting 3rd on the grid. Got a great start and was in 2nd place but the driver behind me decided to use me as the brakes for ever corner ruining both our chances to podium and i finished 5th after some horrible driving.

Although my peerless gear ran great and made awesome power all day!
Nice runs. Putting it into the show is always a plus!

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Congrat's Matt, Speedzone picked a fantastic person and a top racer to represent them well!
Thanks and agreed!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Congrat's Matt, Speedzone picked a fantastic person and a top racer to represent them well!
Thanks Jason.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Had a good day this past sat at the Jackson Rc Memorial Day trophie race running mod TC. I ended up qualifying 4th over all. The first lap in I was able to grab second but 12 laps in, I made a mistake and ended up falling back. I was able to pull some positions back to finish 4th. It was a fun day with some of the best drivers in the states making a showing in Mod and 17.5. The Speedzone packs performed great as expected.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:06 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by 95lscoupe
Had a good day this past sat at the Jackson Rc Memorial Day trophie race running mod TC. I ended up qualifying 4th over all. The first lap in I was able to grab second but 12 laps in, I made a mistake and ended up falling back. I was able to pull some positions back to finish 4th. It was a fun day with some of the best drivers in the states making a showing in Mod and 17.5. The Speedzone packs performed great as expected.

Great representation for us. Very nice showing.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Just to report, I set the new track record in the 13T Stock class with the 7200 mAh 80C Peerless pack. It gives an amazing power advantage in stock racing, really looking forward to the next nationals race

Old 05-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Just to report, I set the new track record in the 13T Stock class with the 7200 mAh 80C Peerless pack. It gives an amazing power advantage in stock racing, really looking forward to the next nationals race
Fantastic exposure Denis. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

My local track had the first round of the night series saturday so my race report for 5/31.

I only ran 4wd buggy.
I set tq in round one with my speedzone 7.5 and peerless saddle pack. No one was able to better that time in round 2.

A-main: i got a good start but messed up a jump and fell back to 3rd place, after settling down i was able to catch back up and put pressure on the leader and he made a mistake and i regained the lead with 3 mins left on the clock and never looked back.

Tq and win for speedzone!

I also let my buddy run my mod car.
Speedzone 8.5 and speedzone 4600mah shorty.

He qualified near the top of the amain and finished 3rd.

He also ran my speedzone 4600mah shorty in his 17.5 car and again qualified at the top of the amain and took the win.

And again ran my speedzone 6300mah pack in his mod sct and tqed and won that class.

Over all great weekend at our track for speedzone!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:33 AM
Company Representative

My local track had the first round of the night series saturday so my race report for 5/31.

I only ran 4wd buggy.
I set tq in round one with my speedzone 7.5 and peerless saddle pack. No one was able to better that time in round 2.

A-main: i got a good start but messed up a jump and fell back to 3rd place, after settling down i was able to catch back up and put pressure on the leader and he made a mistake and i regained the lead with 3 mins left on the clock and never looked back.

Tq and win for speedzone!

I also let my buddy run my mod car.
Speedzone 8.5 and speedzone 4600mah shorty.

He qualified near the top of the amain and finished 3rd.

He also ran my speedzone 4600mah shorty in his 17.5 car and again qualified at the top of the amain and took the win.

And again ran my speedzone 6300mah pack in his mod sct and tqed and won that class.

Over all great weekend at our track for speedzone!
Fantastic. And always happy to see great results from non-team drivers!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Finally, after some delays due to bad weather, the off-road season has started. In the 1:8 electric buggy nationals I managed to finish second in a very competitive field. I was using the Speedzone 6500 4S pack and the power was awesome

Old 06-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Race report for Saturday 6/14/14.
I ran 4wd buggy and Stadium truck.

In 4wd buggy i qualified 2nd and finished second after giving away the lead with a stupid mistake.

in Stadium truck i also started 2nd. and first corner at the tone got taken out and had to work my way back through the pack to finish 2nd.

Ill be running Mod touring car this weekend with my new peerless 4.0t motor that should be here tomorrow..
Old 06-19-2014, 04:13 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Finally, after some delays due to bad weather, the off-road season has started. In the 1:8 electric buggy nationals I managed to finish second in a very competitive field. I was using the Speedzone 6500 4S pack and the power was awesome
Great finish at the Nats Denis!

Race report for Saturday 6/14/14.
I ran 4wd buggy and Stadium truck.

In 4wd buggy i qualified 2nd and finished second after giving away the lead with a stupid mistake.

in Stadium truck i also started 2nd. and first corner at the tone got taken out and had to work my way back through the pack to finish 2nd.

Ill be running Mod touring car this weekend with my new peerless 4.0t motor that should be here tomorrow..
Nice! That 4.0 will be more that plenty...keep the timing at zero to start, may even need to turn it down.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
Nice! That 4.0 will be more that plenty...keep the timing at zero to start, may even need to turn it down.
awesome. yeah im sure i will have to turn it down a bit. since our straight is only 80'.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Suspended

awesome. yeah im sure i will have to turn it down a bit. since our straight is only 80'.
Marcus,

Charge your battery to 8.0 and gear it at 8.6 and you should be able to get it around the track. The lower voltage takes a lot of the initial snap out of the motor making it easy to drive.

Chris
Old 06-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

+1
If you do decide to turn the timing down I wouldn't reduce it any more than two marks. Try one mark first of course.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Marcus,

Charge your battery to 8.0 and gear it at 8.6 and you should be able to get it around the track. The lower voltage takes a lot of the initial snap out of the motor making it easy to drive.

Chris
Thanks for the info chris.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
+1
If you do decide to turn the timing down I wouldn't reduce it any more than two marks. Try one mark first of course.
will do andrew. still learning this new tc thing. last time i raced touring car the tc4ft was about to drop and cobalt 27t motors!

as far as esc settings go. ill be supplying power from a Speed passion Reventon pro. it will be in mod. but all boost timing will be taken out. as well as reduced punch to flaten out corner exit punch..

Again thanks for the info guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.