R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #841
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat man donvito View Post
Hello, my name is Justin Hengelfelt. I just got put on the Speedzone team for the 2014-2015 season. Just thought I'd stop in here and introduce myself. I run on-road only. 17.5 1/12, 13.5 1/12, and 17.5 touring. Also I am the current President of our local club Magic City RC in Billings MT. Im looking forward to the upcoming season with Speedzone batteries and motors. I've run these batteries before with amazing results. This will be the first season for the Speedzone motors for myself though. So just wanted to stop by here and say hi to all the Speedzone team and patrons. And thank you for the opportunity to represent this amazing company!

Justin Hengelfelt
Welcome aboard Justin. Glad to have you on the team.
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #842
Tech Addict
 
95lscoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hi my name is Matthew Abey, I would like to thank Speedzone for picking me up for the 2014-2015 season. I currently drive for Awesomatix USA in Mod/Stock. With the addition of Speedzone lipos and motors, I'm sure it will be a winning combination. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone.
__________________
Matthew Abey

Awesomatix USA/Speedzone USA
LRP/Futaba/Middle River Russian Mafia
Awesomatixusa.com/Speedzoneusa.com
95lscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #843
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95lscoupe View Post
Hi my name is Matthew Abey, I would like to thank Speedzone for picking me up for the 2014-2015 season. I currently drive for Awesomatix USA in Mod/Stock. With the addition of Speedzone lipos and motors, I'm sure it will be a winning combination. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Congrats friend, I have known you well and known your success.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #844
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95lscoupe View Post
Hi my name is Matthew Abey, I would like to thank Speedzone for picking me up for the 2014-2015 season. I currently drive for Awesomatix USA in Mod/Stock. With the addition of Speedzone lipos and motors, I'm sure it will be a winning combination. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Welcome aboard Matthew. Glad to have you representing us on the East Coast.
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #845
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Had a good run yesterday at our club event with my Speedzone powered rides.

13.5 Touring I qualified 2nd and finished 2nd after a race long battle for 1st , there just wasn't space to make a pass. The Speedzone Peerless 7200 pulls as hard at the end of the run as it does at the start of the run.

1/12 I TQ'd and Won the main by a big margin, the Speezone Peerless 7000 1S pack maintains great voltage for the duration of the run.
Attached Thumbnails
Speedzone Batteries & Motors-20140503_172153.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-20140503_172139.jpg  
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #846
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,854
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Race report from saturday may 3rd.

My local track had a birthday race to celebrate their 4th year in business so it was 5 bucks a class i ran 3 classes.

17.5 buggy, 4wd mod buggy, and mod sct.

17.5 buggy i had a rough day. The track temp was lower and i was setup al wrong and instead of working on the car i tried to run it i qualified 5th into the amain. And im pretty sure thats where i finished after i was hacked a few times out of 3rd.

4wd buggy again was rough. I had not run the car in a long time and i was trying to nail a setup i didnt finish either qualifier. And a testament to the speedzone motors i over geared the car and the motor hit 200* f. I pulled it and threw it on my pit fan i gave it a once over and re geared the car properly to finish the race with no loss of power or heat fatige. This motor still pulls hard as hell. [Im running a 7.5] anyways i started last in the a main and after a great start and the right tires i was leading the main until about 2:30 left when i had a rear shock screw back out and it allowed my cvd to drop out of the cup so i finished the race in 2nd with front wheel drive and 3 shocks.

Mod sct went well. I tqed the class and the top 3 battled until about 2 mins left when i regained the lead and checked out.

The last picture my friend took. If you look close you can see my one shock flipped over the wing.
Attached Thumbnails
Speedzone Batteries & Motors-img_20140504_014915.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-fb_img_13991008667384700.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-13918647888_e4309810fa_b.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-img_284756384824084.jpeg  
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #847
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
Had a good run yesterday at our club event with my Speedzone powered rides.

13.5 Touring I qualified 2nd and finished 2nd after a race long battle for 1st , there just wasn't space to make a pass. The Speedzone Peerless 7200 pulls as hard at the end of the run as it does at the start of the run.

1/12 I TQ'd and Won the main by a big margin, the Speezone Peerless 7000 1S pack maintains great voltage for the duration of the run.
Nice job Shaun. Can't wait to hear how the 13.5 SE performs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
Race report from saturday may 3rd.

My local track had a birthday race to celebrate their 4th year in business so it was 5 bucks a class i ran 3 classes.

17.5 buggy, 4wd mod buggy, and mod sct.

17.5 buggy i had a rough day. The track temp was lower and i was setup al wrong and instead of working on the car i tried to run it i qualified 5th into the amain. And im pretty sure thats where i finished after i was hacked a few times out of 3rd.

4wd buggy again was rough. I had not run the car in a long time and i was trying to nail a setup i didnt finish either qualifier. And a testament to the speedzone motors i over geared the car and the motor hit 200* f. I pulled it and threw it on my pit fan i gave it a once over and re geared the car properly to finish the race with no loss of power or heat fatige. This motor still pulls hard as hell. [Im running a 7.5] anyways i started last in the a main and after a great start and the right tires i was leading the main until about 2:30 left when i had a rear shock screw back out and it allowed my cvd to drop out of the cup so i finished the race in 2nd with front wheel drive and 3 shocks.

Mod sct went well. I tqed the class and the top 3 battled until about 2 mins left when i regained the lead and checked out.

The last picture my friend took. If you look close you can see my one shock flipped over the wing.
Very nice. Like the feedback on the motor. I think more and more people will realize that our motors are pretty stout.
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #848
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,854
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

double post sorry.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com

Last edited by smokinu; 05-13-2014 at 09:20 PM.
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #849
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,854
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Race report for this weekend :
Ran a double offroad friday and tc today.
Friday may 9th:
Local offroad track runs friday nights

Ran 17.5 buggy my shortys have been awesome
I qualified 5th into the amain and finished 3rd.

Saturday may 10th:
Ran onroad mod tc.
Speedzone motor and battery package worked flawless
Although i had not raced a touring car in about 6 years.
I was fighting setup and the car got really good in the b main i was realing in the top 2 and made a mistake and turtled in the middle of the track so finished 3rd in the bmain.

Not a bad weekend for me and the speedzone gear.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #850
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
Race report for this weekend :
Ran a double offroad friday and tc today.
Friday may 9th:
Local offroad track runs friday nights

Ran 17.5 buggy my shortys have been awesome
I qualified 5th into the amain and finished 3rd.

Saturday may 10th:
Ran onroad mod tc.
Speedzone motor and battery package worked flawless
Although i had not raced a touring car in about 6 years.
I was fighting setup and the car got really good in the b main i was realing in the top 2 and made a mistake and turtled in the middle of the track so finished 3rd in the bmain.

Not a bad weekend for me and the speedzone gear.
Great job Marcus! Thanks for the update.
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #851
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,854
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Not sure if this is going to work, But the track took video a few weeks back of mod SCT a main i tqed and won


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=665397590162462

it was a fun race, and that pass at 3:43ish.. i shot the gap and made the pass for the lead i knew i had the power with the speedzone 8.5 and 6300 65c pack.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #852
Company Representative
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
Not sure if this is going to work, But the track took video a few weeks back of mod SCT a main i tqed and won


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=665397590162462

it was a fun race, and that pass at 3:43ish.. i shot the gap and made the pass for the lead i knew i had the power with the speedzone 8.5 and 6300 65c pack.
It worked. Looked like no one wanted the lead up until that point. Nice power!
__________________
Speedzone Lipo Packs & Brushless Motors - It's all About Performance! - www.speedzoneUSA.com

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #853
Tech Master
 
Doug T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NC by way of NorCal
Posts: 1,284
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Great weekend for Team Speedzone. Ran Friday Night Series race. Speedzone 1st and 2nd in E-Buggy A main. I Tqed and won 1/8 E-Buggy, with new team driver Scott Debbold in a close second place finish. Great racing. Thanks Team Speedzone.

Doug T.
__________________
Speedzone USA- VSR Racing- M2C Racing- HRP-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed RC- Hobby Stop- S&B raceway- The Badlands- King RC
Doug T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:08 AM   #854
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,854
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Well the motown showdown is in the books.

It was a big local race that brought in 93 entries to my home track.
I ran mod 2wd buggy, mod 2wd sct, and mod 4wd buggy.

2wd buggy: i had a rough day. Friday started off with my speed passion reventon pro getting the dreded "brick" issue when an update failed. So saturday was race day and i qaulified 8th into the amain. With factory associated driver chris jarosz taking tq and local fast kid and tekin driver derek s taking second. After a rough start and dealing with some traffic i finished 7th in the amain.
My peerless motor and batteries ran great with awesome power.

Mod 4wd buggy: I had some rough qauls dealing with traffic but i still made the amain and started in 5th place.. i made a hard charge for 3rd place late in the amain and got tangled with lap traffic on the last lap and finished 4th.

Mod 2wd sc: i had some decent quals and made it into the amain starting 3rd on the grid. Got a great start and was in 2nd place but the driver behind me decided to use me as the brakes for ever corner ruining both our chances to podium and i finished 5th after some horrible driving.

Although my peerless gear ran great and made awesome power all day!
Attached Thumbnails
Speedzone Batteries & Motors-2014-05-20-02.05.10.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-14027887747_2ea11d6492_b.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-14191313496_0d5a1e0a41_b.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-14191361016_bd94d358e3_b.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-14027942557_fe116b6b0c_b.jpg  

__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:05 AM   #855
Tech Elite
 
rangerjkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,321
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95lscoupe View Post
Hi my name is Matthew Abey, I would like to thank Speedzone for picking me up for the 2014-2015 season. I currently drive for Awesomatix USA in Mod/Stock. With the addition of Speedzone lipos and motors, I'm sure it will be a winning combination. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Congrat's Matt, Speedzone picked a fantastic person and a top racer to represent them well!
__________________
Jason Burks
--------------------------------
Murfdogg Products~Psycho Cells Racing~Hal's Hobby Warehouse~Avid RC~Kal-Gard~VP Powermaster
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speedzone sellout mxdawg Georgia Racing 8 07-25-2008 08:25 PM
Speedzone Raceway TimPotter Florida Racing 1399 11-14-2005 02:04 PM
Speedzone PW_5 Tennessee-Kentucky Racing 3 02-20-2004 07:38 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0