R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #466
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hi Gavin. Happy to inform you that Speedzone Batteries took the win in the 17.5 Stock Class on the second round of the Puerto Rico Electric Touring Car Point Series. The Peerless 70C Lipo Pack worked flawlessly all day long. I am very happy with the performance of the pack. Some of my fellows racer's are looking forward to try the Peerless packs

Thanks again!

madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

I attended the 2012 Bigfoot Off Road Extravaganza March 2nd - 4th. This was the 10th year for this race. It started out in Oklahoma City at RC Raceplace, then moved to Enid RC Raceway in Enid Oklahoma. The last two years it has been at MIke's Hobby Shop Superstore and Raceway in Carrolton, Texas. I ran 2wd open buggy, 2wd open shortcourse and 4wd open buggy.There were 247 entries. I qualified 7th in 4wd open buggy, BQ in 2wd open shortcouse, and 3rd in the D of 2wd open buggy. There was down to a B main in 4wd open buggy, D main in 2wd open shourcouse, and a F main in 2wd open buggy. In 4wd I finished 9th overall after breaking with two laps to go in A3 and limping the car home on 3 wheels. I ran my 5300 saddle packs in 2wd and 4wd buggy and 5800 stick packs in shortcourse. They did not give out any plaques for anything lower than the A in 2wd open sct, so I only have a pic of my plaque from 4wd buggy. I have attached pics of all 3 of my cars. Also, AWD finished 6th in the A of 17.5 2wd buggy.

Attached Thumbnails
Speedzone Batteries & Motors-2wdbuggybigfoot2012.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-2wdsctbigfoot2012.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-4wdbuggybigfoot2012.jpg   Speedzone Batteries & Motors-2012bigfootplaque.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #468
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Hi Gavin. Happy to inform you that Speedzone Batteries took the win in the 17.5 Stock Class on the second round of the Puerto Rico Electric Touring Car Point Series. The Peerless 70C Lipo Pack worked flawlessly all day long. I am very happy with the performance of the pack. Some of my fellows racer's are looking forward to try the Peerless packs

Thanks again!

Fantastic! Nice run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
I attended the 2012 Bigfoot Off Road Extravaganza March 2nd - 4th. This was the 10th year for this race. It started out in Oklahoma City at RC Raceplace, then moved to Enid RC Raceway in Enid Oklahoma. The last two years it has been at MIke's Hobby Shop Superstore and Raceway in Carrolton, Texas. I ran 2wd open buggy, 2wd open shortcourse and 4wd open buggy.There were 247 entries. I qualified 7th in 4wd open buggy, BQ in 2wd open shortcouse, and 3rd in the D of 2wd open buggy. There was down to a B main in 4wd open buggy, D main in 2wd open shourcouse, and a F main in 2wd open buggy. In 4wd I finished 9th overall after breaking with two laps to go in A3 and limping the car home on 3 wheels. I ran my 5300 saddle packs in 2wd and 4wd buggy and 5800 stick packs in shortcourse. They did not give out any plaques for anything lower than the A in 2wd open sct, so I only have a pic of my plaque from 4wd buggy. I have attached pics of all 3 of my cars. Also, AWD finished 6th in the A of 17.5 2wd buggy.

Great results. Good to see those packs are still going strong!

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

delta electric series is in the books for 2012 and i brought home some hardware
Attached Thumbnails
Speedzone Batteries & Motors-winme.jpg  
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #470
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
delta electric series is in the books for 2012 and i brought home some hardware
Nice job. Now all you need are some Speedzone Decals...LOL.

2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #471
Company Representative

Good luck to the team at the On-Road Nats this weekend!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #472
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Nice job. Now all you need are some Speedzone Decals...LOL.
Yeah, i ran out.. my next order ill get some more!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #473
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Good luck to the team at the On-Road Nats this weekend!
dont forget about the drivers going to cactus classic!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #474
Company Representative

Quote:
Yeah, i ran out.. my next order ill get some more!
Nice!

Quote:
dont forget about the drivers going to cactus classic!
Sorry about that! I need to be more in-tune with the big off-road events with team attendance...shame on me. Good luck!

Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #475
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to StockRacer

Ive been a bad team driver, not posting after my races every weekend, but as of right now I sit 7th in 4wd after 5 rounds of the WRL at CRCRC. Over the weekend we had our 2nd annaul St. Patty's Race at En Hobbies & More, I placed 7th in Pro2 after a battle for the bump up spot for the A main, the B main finish had a 2 second gap between me and 2nd place. Below are the results for the A main.
Attached Thumbnails
Speedzone Batteries & Motors-sct-results.jpg  

MCGRACN Reaper motors AE B4.2
J Concepts Enigma Graphics
StockRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #476
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockRacer View Post
Ive been a bad team driver, not posting after my races every weekend, but as of right now I sit 7th in 4wd after 5 rounds of the WRL at CRCRC. Over the weekend we had our 2nd annaul St. Patty's Race at En Hobbies & More, I placed 7th in Pro2 after a battle for the bump up spot for the A main, the B main finish had a 2 second gap between me and 2nd place. Below are the results for the A main.
Great job Ben! Thanks for posting. We seem to have great results coming in from all over.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

I had a rough start to the 2012 point season with 2 broke servo and my truggy shutting off while leading the main. The ebuggy field is pretty stacked this season so the racing is going to be pretty close. Etruggy has grown a lot as well. I guess we will see how the rest of the reason plays out.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks for the props in Stock Buggy. I was just happy to make the main. It was nice not having to worry whether my packs were up to snuff.

As for Carpet Nats I should have some pics and info together this weekend. Here's the short story...

I made the A-main among a talented group of drivers in WGT. I qualified 9th and finished 8th. Some unfocused driving and inexperience with higher grip conditions were the limiting conditions.

I won the B main in stock 12th and the same reasons as above kept me just this side of the A.

Chris Adams won the Stock National Title with a peerless 2s pack he got out of the case at our shop. Not sponsored, just bought a pack an d drove a fantastic series of races to claim victory. That's my kind of bolt in horsepower.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #479
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Any chance we'll see any Speedzone apparel available? I'm definitely in for a t and a hoodie. I bet Billy would love to see some SpeedZone overalls...
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #480
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Just dropping a quick update, TQ and Win in 2wd Mod and Stadium Truck yesterday with my Speedzone and Viper powered X Factory X6 & X60! Great weekend turnout and I went the path less travelled running 17.5's in mod class. My Speedzone lipos gave me MAD RIP and nobody believed me when I told them I'm just running 17.5 . The lipos were awesome throughout the entire run, seemed like the cars got faster in the last 2 minutes! Great packs Gavin! Ordering up a few more this week and turning some heads. I gave one of the local guys my Speedzone shorty to try....he's been running the Revtec double deuce batteries in his 22 in stock class. Needless to say he had to completely change his throttle control because the pack gave him so much more punch that he got all freaked out. He's a believer and placing an order any day now
LOVING THE RIP GAVIN!!!!!
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote