R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #436
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Gavin got your email thanks for the opportunity,talk to you soon.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #437
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Hi gavin,

I'm happy to inform you that my Speedzone powered S411LE took TQ honors and third place overall in the 17.5T class. The race was held last sunday in Barceloneta, Puerto Rico. The race was the first event in the Puerto Rico Electric Touring Car Point Series. I am very happy with the performance of the battery and it truly made a difference in power output from the motor.

Thanks for your support.

Miguel "mace" Daumont
Fantastic Miguel. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
Gavin got your email thanks for the opportunity,talk to you soon.
My pleasure!

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #438
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Last week I made the 5 hour trip to the 4th Annual Field of Dreams race at Need4SpeedRC in Garden City Kansas. We had racers from Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado attending. I ran non-boosted 13.5 buggy and mod 4wd. There was a C main in 2wd and only a single A in 4wd. 4wd was won by Kody Numendahl as he and a few others from MHOR were getting ready for the Reedy Race this week. I could not match his pace throughout the weekend but got quicker throughout the weekend. I qualified 6th and finished 6th. Kody ran 23 lap runs and the guys behind him were in the 22-23 lap range with some of their runs in the fast 21 lap range. I was able to put in a 21 lap run in A3 with some mistakes and may have left a slow 22 on the track. In 2wd I had not ran un-boosted 13.5 in years so I was playing catch-up. I was outside the top 10 in the first two rounds but picked up some pace in q3 until wrecking. q4 I was leading and made a small mistake and the corners were having a staring contest over who would go get it. Even after that I missed top 10 by 1 second. I ended up 5th in the B, but that was all she wrote. The B main was a punt fest as I expected it would be and I finished 9th.

Here is a pic of my new scheme for 2012.

This weekend I am going to Adam's Creek in Broken Arrow to club race. Outdoor season is right around the corner too.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #439
Company Representative

Exclamation Silicone Wire

Silicone wire just added to our product line!

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Old 01-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #440
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
Last week I made the 5 hour trip to the 4th Annual Field of Dreams race at Need4SpeedRC in Garden City Kansas. We had racers from Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado attending. I ran non-boosted 13.5 buggy and mod 4wd. There was a C main in 2wd and only a single A in 4wd. 4wd was won by Kody Numendahl as he and a few others from MHOR were getting ready for the Reedy Race this week. I could not match his pace throughout the weekend but got quicker throughout the weekend. I qualified 6th and finished 6th. Kody ran 23 lap runs and the guys behind him were in the 22-23 lap range with some of their runs in the fast 21 lap range. I was able to put in a 21 lap run in A3 with some mistakes and may have left a slow 22 on the track. In 2wd I had not ran un-boosted 13.5 in years so I was playing catch-up. I was outside the top 10 in the first two rounds but picked up some pace in q3 until wrecking. q4 I was leading and made a small mistake and the corners were having a staring contest over who would go get it. Even after that I missed top 10 by 1 second. I ended up 5th in the B, but that was all she wrote. The B main was a punt fest as I expected it would be and I finished 9th.

Here is a pic of my new scheme for 2012.

This weekend I am going to Adam's Creek in Broken Arrow to club race. Outdoor season is right around the corner too.

Cool. Nice rides!

Old 01-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #441
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 2012 Sweep challenge race report!

This past weekend I attended the 2012 Sweep Carpet Challenge at middle river hobbies in baltimore, MD. SpeedZone single cell packs powered my car to a strong 3rd place finish in the 13.5 World GT A-main right behind the "GodFather" Perry Caswell, and CRC/Hobbywing/Spektrum/Black Art team driver Brian "Dumper" Wynn. I ran 17.5 TC as well, qualified 5th in the B-main and after an absolutely horrible start and first couple minutes, i wound up 7th after being wrecked out. Heres a link to the RedRC report. http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/sweep-c...llenge-report/
Old 01-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #442
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This weekend I attended the Winter Frostbite race held at Universal Raceway in Toronto Canada. It's a carpet off-road track set-up much like the off-road tracks in Europe. We get some of the fastest off-road racers in Canada racing here and the turn out at this event was no exception. Making it into A-main is an accomplishment and I'm happy to announce that thanks to Speedzone batteries, I was able to place my 4WD buggy into the show.

Yet again, Speedzone was stacked-up against some of the other "more expensive" brands out there and there was no shortage of HP with my packs. The classes are open so typical motors are 5.5 - 7.5 motors in both the 2wd and 4wd classes and with the 7 min mains on a high traction surface, it tends to take its toll on most equipment. I'm glad to report that Speedzone batteries show no drop off from the 1st minute all-the-way to the 7th minute.

Awesome performance - can't wait to try the new Peerless packs.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #443
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I raced my Cougar SV 2WD today in the open class using the new peerless 70C packs. Let me tell you the pack was great and it did not even had a break in cycle. I made the TQ and went on to win the triple a main. We were racing on high traction carpet for what I was expecting for the pack to get a bit hot but, after every qualifier the pack was cool and delivering great power.

madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #444
Tech Champion

Ran at Holeshot raceway this weekend in 2wd open buggy. Qualified 7th in the A-main but finished a disappointing 8th after some major carnage Ran a 4300 full size pack and had plenty of power and runtime. Turned some heads this weekend Can't wait to run again.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #445
Tech Master

Default Good Luck!

Hey Guys, I have recently joined up with another company after being offered a better deal, Leaving the team is nothing against Gavin or SpeedZone in any way shape or form, He has some great stuff! Its strictly a money situation. However I do wish the best of luck to all SpeedZone team drivers at any and all races they attend and to Gavin and the company. You guys have been great, best of wishes to all and i hope to cross paths with you guys at some of the races

Best of luck,
Randy Banks
Old 01-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #446
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996 View Post
This weekend I attended the Winter Frostbite race held at Universal Raceway in Toronto Canada. It's a carpet off-road track set-up much like the off-road tracks in Europe. We get some of the fastest off-road racers in Canada racing here and the turn out at this event was no exception. Making it into A-main is an accomplishment and I'm happy to announce that thanks to Speedzone batteries, I was able to place my 4WD buggy into the show.

Yet again, Speedzone was stacked-up against some of the other "more expensive" brands out there and there was no shortage of HP with my packs. The classes are open so typical motors are 5.5 - 7.5 motors in both the 2wd and 4wd classes and with the 7 min mains on a high traction surface, it tends to take its toll on most equipment. I'm glad to report that Speedzone batteries show no drop off from the 1st minute all-the-way to the 7th minute.

Awesome performance - can't wait to try the new Peerless packs.
Fantastic! Great to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
I raced my Cougar SV 2WD today in the open class using the new peerless 70C packs. Let me tell you the pack was great and it did not even had a break in cycle. I made the TQ and went on to win the triple a main. We were racing on high traction carpet for what I was expecting for the pack to get a bit hot but, after every qualifier the pack was cool and delivering great power.

Very nice! The first to try the Peerless Series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Ran at Holeshot raceway this weekend in 2wd open buggy. Qualified 7th in the A-main but finished a disappointing 8th after some major carnage Ran a 4300 full size pack and had plenty of power and runtime. Turned some heads this weekend Can't wait to run again.
Thanks for the update. Our packs are stout all the way from 35C to 75C!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Hey Guys, I have recently joined up with another company after being offered a better deal, Leaving the team is nothing against Gavin or SpeedZone in any way shape or form, He has some great stuff! Its strictly a money situation. However I do wish the best of luck to all SpeedZone team drivers at any and all races they attend and to Gavin and the company. You guys have been great, best of wishes to all and i hope to cross paths with you guys at some of the races

Best of luck,
Randy Banks
Best of luck to you. speedzone packs are fast for a reason!
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #448
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Thanks for the update. Our packs are stout all the way from 35C to 75C!
haha, i let him borrow that 4300 pack. i guess he liked it!
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #449
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to StockRacer

I was racing over at En Hobbies & More in Columbus, I started 4th in buggy C main, bumped up to second after the first turn. I ended up getting tangled in a mid air over the tabletop and on my lid. I jockied back up to my starting position for the finish.

In sct I started 5th and ended up over driving it most of the race but its been a while since I last drove it. But a fun time was had and no parts were broken, so I would call it a good day.

Read more: http://trickparts.proboards.com/inde...#ixzz1l03bWbF9
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #450
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
haha, i let him borrow that 4300 pack. i guess he liked it!
It was pretty good