R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 01-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #391
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

I am getting my e8th equipment ready and nearly have all my stuff figured out for outdoor season later this year. I will be headed to ACR this weekend for 2wd and 4wd buggy. In a few weeks I am headed to Garden City, KS for the field of dreams race. Then the Bigfoot in March at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrolton, and then maybe the Jconcepts race at the same track in April.

For our local track, we should start racing in April, and I will run points again for Ebuggy and Etruggy. We also have our first RC Pro Series event in June.

It is going to be a busy year.

Last edited by BillyCaldwell; 01-05-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Proof reading
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #392
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all the updates.

And a belated Happy New Year to all!

We will have some new items starting to come out shortly. And by shortly I mean tomorrow!

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #393
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Thanks guys for all the updates.

And a belated Happy New Year to all!

We will have some new items starting to come out shortly. And by shortly I mean tomorrow!
today is tomorrow, what is it?
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #394
Tech Elite

http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/speedzo...sensor-cables/

The sensor wires look good. I can never have too many of those.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #395
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Im liking the RED im ordering 1 for each car tonight on top of new packs. Hey Gavin, any hope of some team Pit towels now? if so, where do i pre-order
Old 01-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #396
Tech Champion

That red will look killer with my white speedo wire's
Old 01-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #397
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Great day for Speedzone. Opening day of the 2012 season. Stock SCT, TQ and 1st. 4wd SCT, qualified 2nd finished 2nd. Speedzone packs running strong. Thanks Gavin.
Team Associated
Doug T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #398
Tech Elite

I ran at ACR yesterday. I ran like 6th in 4wd, and was called as high as 4th. There were alot of regional fast guys running. 2wd was packed too, we had around 19 cars. I was near the back of the B main. I am going to replace the cracked chassis on my 2wd before I race again. I got my new bodies for 2012 and will post some pics once they are mounted up.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #399
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

expert sc and 4wd mod buggy went great for me this weekend.

started 5th in expert sc main finished 4th.
started 4th in 4wd mod finished 3rd after leading a lap or two. i didnt have enough motor for the track so i was getting beat not going for the biggest jump on the track. i ended up smoking that motor by the end of the run.
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #400
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey Randy or any other team member,

i know alot of people im running against have the revtech 6500 65c or the 6000 60c, how do they compare against the Speedzone's: performance wise... 2 cell TC Blinky

how are the Speedzones so much lighter than Revtechs? Casing?

or is it all what you perfer to run, no real difference...

i'm running 5300 65c TP, does it make sense to upgrade?

just trying to gain some info

thanks again...

just saw that Dave Johnson is a team driver, I race against him weekly at MSI, and of course get my a$$ handed to me. I'll talk w/ him this weekend in Indy about these packs. Maybe by getting these packs, i won't be as far behind....
LOL

Last edited by Bigz84; 01-10-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #401
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post

i know alot of people im running against have the revtech 6500 65c or the 6000 60c, how do they compare against the Speedzone's: performance wise... 2 cell TC Blinky

thanks again...

just saw that Dave Johnson is a team driver, I race against him weekly at MSI, and of course get my a$$ handed to me. I'll talk w/ him this weekend in Indy about these packs. Maybe by getting these packs, i won't be as far behind....
LOL
they are a fair amount lighter then the reVtechs, thats what i was running before i joined the team. Never looked back. I dominate on a weekely bases over TP packs and reVtechs. Not entirely sure how they are lighter but the reVtechs have been known to be heavier, not sure why that us either, but also notice that with high rate of charge i.e. 10 amps, they swell quite quickly, I have charged my SpeedZone packs, 1 cell and 2 cell alike, at 10 amps from the day i got them and never had a problem with them, no power loss, still take full charge, my first SpeedZone 2 cell goes to 8.42 still and its a 5700 50c thats very close to a year old, awesome stuff that Gavin offers to us, great prices as well for both team drivers and non team driver alike. Hands down they are about the best pack out there in my honest opinion, a couple guys at my track tried one of my old packs and said it had better punch then their 2 week old TP pack, and the 1 cell they tried didnt fall off at all towards the end of the race Hope you choose SpeedZone, youll never regret it!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #402
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post

thanks again...

LOL
I had a chance to run "blinky" for the first time at the Halloween Classic and with the blinky class being by-far the largest of the event - drawing some of the bigger names in this class putting the Speedzone batteries to the test. While my driving was a little off pace, the power that these packs were able to put down were not. In fact Dave Johnson won the event running Speedzone packs. I was able to put the car in the main in the 13.5 class - and my lap times were quick enough to be in the upper-tier of the blinky class however I wasn't able to be consistent enough to do so.

Basically, these Speedzone packs are awesome! After switching from running the TP packs, I didn't notice a drop-off in power at all. The price savings sealed it for me.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #403
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996 View Post
I had a chance to run "blinky" for the first time at the Halloween Classic and with the blinky class being by-far the largest of the event - drawing some of the bigger names in this class putting the Speedzone batteries to the test. While my driving was a little off pace, the power that these packs were able to put down were not. In fact Dave Johnson won the event running Speedzone packs. I was able to put the car in the main in the 13.5 class - and my lap times were quick enough to be in the upper-tier of the blinky class however I wasn't able to be consistent enough to do so.

Basically, these Speedzone packs are awesome! After switching from running the TP packs, I didn't notice a drop-off in power at all. The price savings sealed it for me.
Dave can make any car fast. I've seen him take every car that he's had and place it 1st. Really fun to watch him. But ever since I have been practicing a lot lately, I am luckily making the As, which means i'm racing against him more. Having a little more power like these batts, could help me a tad more. Knowing he's running these batts is good to know, and i will be definitely picking his brain this weekend in Indy. Thank you for your input, it is really appreciated. Yes the price is very attractive, and that could be the final decision point. I've owned about every batt out in the market, and the TP/Fantoms had/have been my best, meaning no puffing, good voltage. It's that alone i've been hesitant to switch, which is why i've been asking the questions. Again, thanks for the input.

almost forgot, how much longer is the sale for on the website. and are there plenty in stock?

Last edited by Bigz84; 01-12-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: another ?
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #404
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Im liking the RED im ordering 1 for each car tonight on top of new packs. Hey Gavin, any hope of some team Pit towels now? if so, where do i pre-order
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
That red will look killer with my white speedo wire's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/speedzo...sensor-cables/

The sensor wires look good. I can never have too many of those.
There you have it. I will try and post some pics this weekend. We will also release 12, 13, 14 and 16GA wire next week.

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #405
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug T View Post
Great day for Speedzone. Opening day of the 2012 season. Stock SCT, TQ and 1st. 4wd SCT, qualified 2nd finished 2nd. Speedzone packs running strong. Thanks Gavin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
I ran at ACR yesterday. I ran like 6th in 4wd, and was called as high as 4th. There were alot of regional fast guys running. 2wd was packed too, we had around 19 cars. I was near the back of the B main. I am going to replace the cracked chassis on my 2wd before I race again. I got my new bodies for 2012 and will post some pics once they are mounted up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
expert sc and 4wd mod buggy went great for me this weekend.

started 5th in expert sc main finished 4th.
started 4th in 4wd mod finished 3rd after leading a lap or two. i didnt have enough motor for the track so i was getting beat not going for the biggest jump on the track. i ended up smoking that motor by the end of the run.

Good stuff guys! Keep up the great finishes.