R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #361
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is the list of sponsored drivers that will be attending.. From TLR/Spektrum:
Dakotah Phend
Dustin Evans
Matt Chambers
Mike Truhe
Kevin Gahan
Matt Castellano
Dyno Dan Hissam

From Team Associated/Reedy:
Ryan Cavalieri
Brent Theilke
Chad Due
Kody Numendahl

and
BRIAN MELLOW

Kyosho/Orion:
Joe Pillars
Shaun Dunlap
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck to CRC/Speedzone driver Dave Johnson at the 32nd annual US Indoor Champs in Cleveland this Thanksgiving week.

Dave looked Awesome at this year's Halloween Classic, and the Champs promises bigger and better victories for Dave.

Good luck to one of my favorite drivers!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #363
Company Representative

Speedzone Driver Dave Johnson looking good in Cleveland qualifying.

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Speedzone Driver Dave Johnson looking good in Cleveland qualifying.
I was watching all weekend on the webcam, great racing from him! I checked the results and he won the stock 17.5 TC A main as well as 17.5 stock 12th scale A main!

I unfortunately was not able to make it to cleveland this year but my local track hosted a 2 day trophy/ cash race. I ran 17.5 12th scale, 13.5 12th scale, and modified 12th scale at the race, I took 3rd in 17.5 and the racing was all within 3 tenths of each other spread over ten guys in the a main. I won in 13.5 boosted, at the start of the race my diff slipped a little more then i thought it would and 2nd and 3rd place were both on top of me at that point, it was close all the way to about 5 minutes and 2nd place tipped a board and ended up taking out 3rd place. In modified there were only 4 racers. the other three were using 3.5's and 4.5's without boost, i was using a 6.5 without boost and the car was still ballistic. Thanks for an awesome product Gavin, has there been anymore work on the new single cell packs?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #365
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Gavin. I'll be running the 7th Annual Toys For Tots race at Palm Desert Raceway this weekend. I chose this over ROAR regionals because it's a better cause.

I'll be running Pro2, Pro 1/8 Nitro Buggy, and maybe Pro4. I'll keep you posted and get some pictures up.

Gavin, YGPM as well.

www.IERCRaceway.com - www.Facebook.com/IERCRaceway
So*Cal AFDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Hey sorry guys, i have not been online in a while. Been taking care of a lot of problems. My fiance and i split and that took up a couple months of my time and i was not able to race a lot.

Anyways.

Good news. It has been 11 months since i purchased my first speedzone pack.

to be honest (it was never dropped or anything like that) but was abused In onroad/offroad applications.

The pack to this day. has not dropped a single ounce of run time or mah.

I dropped the pack a few times below 3.0 a cell (not on purpose) and it still has all the punch as if it was new, i have been charging it at 10amps since the second charge and have put about 400-450 cycles on this single pack.

Here are pics of what the pack looks like (needs a new roar sticker LOL)

i have a race this weekend though running Pro 2wd SC so should be fun. my first race back in over a month.
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #367
Tech Master

Placed 3rd in 17.5 2wd SC ...Not the official picture from the track crew so it was a lil off timing lol First place driver was asking what pack I was running!

And also 3rd in Unlimited 2wd SC. My hats off to Tanner and his 1st place finish. This kid is unbelievable. In his truggy race he was about 10 seconds behind Cody King for the first 15 minutes of the A-Main!!! Unfortunately he broke when someone hit him in the air on the huge triple.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #368
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude View Post
Placed 3rd in 17.5 2wd SC ...Not the official picture from the track crew so it was a lil off timing lol First place driver was asking what pack I was running!

And also 3rd in Unlimited 2wd SC. My hats off to Tanner and his 1st place finish. This kid is unbelievable. In his truggy race he was about 10 seconds behind Cody King for the first 15 minutes of the A-Main!!! Unfortunately he broke when someone hit him in the air on the huge triple.

Little Tanner is no joke when it comes to being FAST!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #369
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
Little Tanner is no joke when it comes to being FAST!
He can throw it down like no other. Future national champ for sure.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #370
Company Representative

Quote:
Hey sorry guys, i have not been online in a while. Been taking care of a lot of problems. My fiance and i split and that took up a couple months of my time and i was not able to race a lot.

Anyways.

Good news. It has been 11 months since i purchased my first speedzone pack.

to be honest (it was never dropped or anything like that) but was abused In onroad/offroad applications.

The pack to this day. has not dropped a single ounce of run time or mah.

I dropped the pack a few times below 3.0 a cell (not on purpose) and it still has all the punch as if it was new, i have been charging it at 10amps since the second charge and have put about 400-450 cycles on this single pack.

i have a race this weekend though running Pro 2wd SC so should be fun. my first race back in over a month.
Welcome back. Sorry about that news...hopefully you are all good now.

That pack does look abused...LOL. Glad it's still running strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude View Post
He can throw it down like no other. Future national champ for sure.
Send him my way! LOL.

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #371
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone looking for new 2s packs check out the 6300 65c ... I ran them for the first time last night and all I can say is WOOOOW!!!

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #372
Tech Elite

Had a great 2weeks of racing.

First race last weekend went well made both the a mains in 4x4 mod buggy and expert sc.

Broke my sc in he main with a min left.

and finished 4th overall in 4x4 buggy.

Went to nor-cal this weekend and made the a mains again in 4x4 mod buggy and 2wd sc.
broke out both cars.

the b44.1 i was driving decided to get loose and i smacked a pole at wot down the back straight ripping off the ride side of the car.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #373
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Amato View Post
Anyone looking for new 2s packs check out the 6300 65c ... I ran them for the first time last night and all I can say is WOOOOW!!!
Just lay it down now!

Quote:
Had a great 2weeks of racing.

First race last weekend went well made both the a mains in 4x4 mod buggy and expert sc.

Broke my sc in he main with a min left.

and finished 4th overall in 4x4 buggy.

Went to nor-cal this weekend and made the a mains again in 4x4 mod buggy and 2wd sc.
broke out both cars.

the b44.1 i was driving decided to get loose and i smacked a pole at wot down the back straight ripping off the ride side of the car.
Nice update and sweet making the A-mains. Yikes on the b44.1!

Old 12-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #374
Company Representative

Thumbs up Dave Johnson and Speedzone win 2011 Cleveland Indoor Champs!!!

Dave Johnson and Speedzone Win 2011 Indoor Champs

The Cleveland US Indoor Champs is one of the most prestigious on-road races. This year was no different. Dave Johnson and Speedzone came into the event hot off wins at the IIC Warm-UP, USVTA Nationals and Halloween Classic. The competition would be fierce and Dave would need every bit of power from his Speedzone Lipo batteries to make a run at A-Main podium finishes. Both were up to the challenge. Johnson would set the early pace in 17.5 Touring, resetting TQ every round. 1/12 scale 17.5 was a bit more challenging as Dave needed 4 rounds to dial in his car. In round 6, Dave's Speedzone powered 12th scale would set fast laps and get out to a blistering TQ pace. A few bobbles would cost him the TQ spot by a mere 7/100ths of a second. In the Touring A-Main, Dave would lead wire to wire to take the A-Main victory by half a lap. In the 1/12 A-Main, Dave would start second on the grid and took over the top spot by lap 6, never to look back. He went on to win the A-Main by a comfortable margin. A great double win for Dave Johnson and Speedzone batteries.

Impressive wins for Dave and Speedzone Lipo Packs!

Congrats on the wins Dave!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #375
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

great job done by dave! I wasnt able to make the race myself this year but did watch all through the week and he did great! I see the new packs are available and ill be placing my order tomorrow night!