R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree21Likes

Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Thanks again Speedzone. Ran the Watermelon Classis in Aiken, SC last weekend (7-15 thru 7-17). This was a 3 day race. Ran stock SCT and Open SCT (Open SCT was 2wd and 4x4 SCT together), but pulled out of Open SCT due to getting killed by the 4x4 SCT's (I was running a 2wd Mod SCT). In Stock SCT I qualified 4th in the A. We ran triple A mains and I came up a little short of the podium. I finished 4th overall but had some really great close racing. It was a blast.

Club race last Friday night (7-22). Ran Stock SCT. TQed and won. Truck was running great and the Speedzone packs rip.

Thanks Speedzone......
Team Associated
Doug T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #212
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockRacer View Post
Over the weekend the Great Lakes Mod Shootout took place in Ohio. It was a bit of a light turn out but we made the most of it running 4 quals and triple a mains.

2wd buggy - took 2nd in the b main after a spinout at the start of the race

stadium truck - took 4th on a brand new truck

4wd buggy - i was the only one with one, so i raced with the 4x4 sct class, i finished 6th overall but i didnt push it with a new motor on a small track

outside of a dozen or so parts broken a good time was had by all and a great race was held.

Sounds like it was fun! Expect for the breaking of parts...

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #213
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug T View Post
Thanks again Speedzone. Ran the Watermelon Classis in Aiken, SC last weekend (7-15 thru 7-17). This was a 3 day race. Ran stock SCT and Open SCT (Open SCT was 2wd and 4x4 SCT together), but pulled out of Open SCT due to getting killed by the 4x4 SCT's (I was running a 2wd Mod SCT). In Stock SCT I qualified 4th in the A. We ran triple A mains and I came up a little short of the podium. I finished 4th overall but had some really great close racing. It was a blast.

Club race last Friday night (7-22). Ran Stock SCT. TQed and won. Truck was running great and the Speedzone packs rip.

Thanks Speedzone......
Very nice Doug...great efforts all around!

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #214
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 2011 ROAR electric on road paved nationals!

SpeedZone packs had a fairly good weekend at the 2011 roar paved onroad nats placing 5th and 6th in the A-main for world GT as well as 2nd in the b-main for 13.5 12th scale which was a much larger size as well as more competitive! All in all a good weekend, good times were had by the few team drivers who attended. Thanks for the awesome product Gavin! -Randy Banks
Old 08-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #215
Company Representative

Default ROAR Nats

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
SpeedZone packs had a fairly good weekend at the 2011 roar paved onroad nats placing 5th and 6th in the A-main for world GT as well as 2nd in the b-main for 13.5 12th scale which was a much larger size as well as more competitive! All in all a good weekend, good times were had by the few team drivers who attended. Thanks for the awesome product Gavin! -Randy Banks
Nice job Randy! Thanks for the update.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #216
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Nice job Randy! Thanks for the update.
Ill be sending you an email shortly with some info and pic. Next big race i have planned is the US Indoor Champs, cant wait to hit the carpet!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #217
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

I am looking forward to trying the shorty pack in my 22. Do we have an eta?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #218
Company Representative

Default Speedzone 2S Short Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
I am looking forward to trying the shorty pack in my 22. Do we have an eta?
Available today!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Yup, I saw them on the site and had not had a chance to edit my post. I will be ordering one soon to try in my 22.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #220
Tech Master

The shorty packs are also great for the tamiya guys that run the F1 class, they allow you to run all electronics in the center w/ the pack, Im trying to get my dad to buy one

Tonight was a double deuce for SpeedZone packs, I took 2nd in both World GT 13.5 and 12th scale 13.5, You could also say it was a quad deuce because tonight was also the end of a point series and i took 2nd overall in both series classes, I would have took 1st in 12th scale but within the last 2 minutes of the race my body tucked up in the rear in 12th scale and the marshal, well we will just say he didnt exactly have SpeedZone power in him The gap i had opened up over second quickly closed and i dropped to 2nd with a gap of about a 100ft. straight and a sweaper between me and 1st, within the last minute of the race i was able to close the gap to a few small thenths of a second, My car was on rails and had plenty of power everywhere, but next time ill be sure to make my wheel wells bigger
Old 08-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey! Just an update. I am currently in 4th in the HCR Summer Series for 2wd Expert Mod SC. I think I can put myself higher this Friday. I smell Speedzone putting me on top.

Next month I'll be running at the Proline 3rd Annual Gas Champs at Thunder Alley. I'll keep updates on the page of how it goes.

I'll be placing an order on Thursday. I would like to get 3-4 sheets of Speedzone decals for my fresh bodies I'll be painting up. Do I just send you $ via paypal or on the site?

Thanks again for the support! Much appreciation. Speedzone stickers on everything lol

www.IERCRaceway.com - www.Facebook.com/IERCRaceway
So*Cal AFDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Gotta say that my Speedzone batts are amazing. I ran this weekend for the first time in months and while I was rusty my batts were not, great performance as allways.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #223
Company Representative

Quote:
The shorty packs are also great for the tamiya guys that run the F1 class, they allow you to run all electronics in the center w/ the pack, Im trying to get my dad to buy one

Tonight was a double deuce for SpeedZone packs, I took 2nd in both World GT 13.5 and 12th scale 13.5, You could also say it was a quad deuce because tonight was also the end of a point series and i took 2nd overall in both series classes, I would have took 1st in 12th scale but within the last 2 minutes of the race my body tucked up in the rear in 12th scale and the marshal, well we will just say he didnt exactly have SpeedZone power in him The gap i had opened up over second quickly closed and i dropped to 2nd with a gap of about a 100ft. straight and a sweaper between me and 1st, within the last minute of the race i was able to close the gap to a few small thenths of a second, My car was on rails and had plenty of power everywhere, but next time ill be sure to make my wheel wells bigger
Ahh, the finer points in 1/12 scale. Had the happen to me a few times. When the TOJ body was popular, we actually pulled out the area around the wheel wells...we could do that because the body would not tear. TOJ...brings back memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude View Post
Hey! Just an update. I am currently in 4th in the HCR Summer Series for 2wd Expert Mod SC. I think I can put myself higher this Friday. I smell Speedzone putting me on top.

Next month I'll be running at the Proline 3rd Annual Gas Champs at Thunder Alley. I'll keep updates on the page of how it goes.

I'll be placing an order on Thursday. I would like to get 3-4 sheets of Speedzone decals for my fresh bodies I'll be painting up. Do I just send you $ via paypal or on the site?

Thanks again for the support! Much appreciation. Speedzone stickers on everything lol
PleasePM me or email me. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Gotta say that my Speedzone batts are amazing. I ran this weekend for the first time in months and while I was rusty my batts were not, great performance as allways.
Sounds great Chris...looks like all you need is some track time now!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #224
Tech Master

Yet again I finished 2nd in 13.5 12th scale, Tonight i was in what was probably the closest race at the top i have ever been in, I was running a new reVtech motor for the first time and was still experimenting with gearing and timing, it should be good next week, I led for most of the race but since my gearing was off and the race was so close, 2nd place was able to pass me on the straight of the last lap and take the win. Overall a good night for SpeedZone Lipo's! Thanks Gavin! -Randy Banks
Old 08-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #225
Company Representative

Quote:
Yet again I finished 2nd in 13.5 12th scale, Tonight i was in what was probably the closest race at the top i have ever been in, I was running a new reVtech motor for the first time and was still experimenting with gearing and timing, it should be good next week, I led for most of the race but since my gearing was off and the race was so close, 2nd place was able to pass me on the straight of the last lap and take the win. Overall a good night for SpeedZone Lipo's! Thanks Gavin! -Randy Banks
Nice job Randy.