Originally Posted by metalracer2
do you know how they sent the motor? Ups or Fedex
It would have been shipped by UPS.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i got my motor back today
that was a quick turn around
you guys have any idea what would have caused that?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

i got my motor back today
that was a quick turn around
you guys have any idea what would have caused that?
It looked like the balance hole was drilled off center and weakened the armature laminations.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Rick,
Since you mentioned in other threads that you have been trying different methods of charging and performance with the Reedy 5000 lipo, do you have any recommendations. I'm looking for maximum performance, not long life. What amps are you charging and what level are you leaving the pack each week, do you charge it back up to a certain voltage? Any reports on warming or if it seems stronger on the second/third charge for the day?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dizzy1
Rick,
Since you mentioned in other threads that you have been trying different methods of charging and performance with the Reedy 5000 lipo, do you have any recommendations. I'm looking for maximum performance, not long life. What amps are you charging and what level are you leaving the pack each week, do you charge it back up to a certain voltage? Any reports on warming or if it seems stronger on the second/third charge for the day?

Thanks
Different batteries react differently to heating. The Reedy LiPo seems to produce maximum performance when pre-heated a charged pack to 100F before use. At the Carpet Nats I did not pre-heat my battery and felt as fast as anyone in the 10.5 class where I finished 5th overall. I think if I had pre-heated my battery I would have had an even faster car. I ran each battery 2 times per day and three timer per day in practice. i did not notice any differences in performance related to the daily cycle number.

Charge the battery at 1C (5 amps) to 8.44V, use a good connector and wire your car so the wires are as short as possible. I store the batteries at about 50% capacity.

We have some other tricks for LiPo but willnot disclose those at this time. When testing is complete we will post a Competion User's Guide on our website.

None of these sugegstions will reduce the life of the battery.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Different batteries react differently to heating. The Reedy LiPo seems to produce maximum performance when pre-heated a charged pack to 100F before use. At the Carpet Nats I did not pre-heat my battery and felt as fast as anyone in the 10.5 class where I finished 5th overall. I think if I had pre-heated my battery I would have had an even faster car. I ran each battery 2 times per day and three timer per day in practice. i did not notice any differences in performance related to the daily cycle number.

Charge the battery at 1C (5 amps) to 8.44V, use a good connector and wire your car so the wires are as short as possible. I store the batteries at about 50% capacity.

We have some other tricks for LiPo but willnot disclose those at this time. When testing is complete we will post a Competion User's Guide on our website.

None of these sugegstions will reduce the life of the battery.
Rick,

Just curious what connector you are using? I was thinking of trying the Traxxas connector or good ol' Deans...
Old 04-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Thumbs up

well i ran the stockstar last night and it ran great. i ran it with the suggested gearing, it was a little on the hot side but i heard they like to run hot.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

just wanted to say i ran the stockstar at the first JBRL, qual'd and finished 4th in the A-main (the mains went all the way to D). Ran pretty good as ive said, just wish i had more tuning options via brushes. Cant the existing compounds be had in larger blocks/chunks and cut to the dimensions as the stockstar brushes? That would be sweet, some stockstar 767 compounds...or something...

anyways keep up the good work
Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maybell
Rick,

Just curious what connector you are using? I was thinking of trying the Traxxas connector or good ol' Deans...
I use Deans. The TRX should be good or even the golt tube type connectors as long as you are careful about polarity.

well i ran the stockstar last night and it ran great. i ran it with the suggested gearing, it was a little on the hot side but i heard they like to run hot.
Great! The best place to check for heat is the brushes and commutator. If the motor feels hot, but the comm and brushes look good (no discoloration), you are geared correctly.

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
just wanted to say i ran the stockstar at the first JBRL, qual'd and finished 4th in the A-main (the mains went all the way to D). Ran pretty good as ive said, just wish i had more tuning options via brushes. Cant the existing compounds be had in larger blocks/chunks and cut to the dimensions as the stockstar brushes? That would be sweet, some stockstar 767 compounds...or something...

anyways keep up the good work
Great result! Brush development continues. Some ofthe vendors we have used have changed hands so it is like we are starting over from scratch in rfegards to brushes and compounds. So it is taking longer than expected. But hopefully we will have something this summer.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Gidday Rick,

Have the new "Roar Legal" 50840 13.5 LRP motors been shipped to any shops yet? It just seems impossible to buy one and frustrating when you have one on order.

Regards
Mike
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Gidday Rick,

Have the new "Roar Legal" 50840 13.5 LRP motors been shipped to any shops yet? It just seems impossible to buy one and frustrating when you have one on order.

Regards
Mike
They have been shipped, but in small quantities. Have you ordered from a U.S. shop? Which one?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Gidday,

I ordered one from rcplanet and they have it on backorder. Which shops have they been sent to?

thanks
Mike
Old 04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Gidday,

I ordered one from rcplanet and they have it on backorder. Which shops have they been sent to?

thanks
Mike

Typically they will go to distributors and then on to shops so I can't say for sure who has them. I do know that HobbyTown USA Hobbyplex Raceway in Omaha Nebraska has/had them.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Rick,

Have the Reedy Lipo Pro packs come in from overseas? I think I remember a mention about the 8th of this month, but I still don't see any places having them in stock. Just want to see if they hit the distributors yet or not.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dizzy1
Rick,

Have the Reedy Lipo Pro packs come in from overseas? I think I remember a mention about the 8th of this month, but I still don't see any places having them in stock. Just want to see if they hit the distributors yet or not.

Thanks
They have arrived last week and have been shipped to distributors in LARGE quantities. They should be showing up in stores any day now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.