R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #286
Tech Elite

We are working on creating a motor/ESC setup sheet and database of setups. So for those that purchase motors and come up with an interesting setup that you would like to share please let me know. With so many ESCs and tuning options this will be a good way to share your experience and try new things that have worked for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
looks like they are out -

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/l...ushless_Motors

they are listed as being completely rebuildable. will replacement stators be available for purchase??
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
The motor looked pretty good today at the track. I'd like to be able to try one soon...
It will take a couple of weeks until they are circulating but they are packaged and ready to ship or on the way to distributors. The stators are not yet available separately but could be soon. This is not something that has been requested so we did not make it a priority item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Che View Post
Interesting ... sad that we in Switzerland have no clever importer for Reedy Associated Products

Nice Motors Rick....

Greetings from the guy with the Alfa Romeo at Basildon/Southend 1993 Off Road WC ....Years ago..... do you remember ... I was then driving for Team Orion your engines
Thanks! HRC Distributing is the AE/Reedy distributor in Switzerland. There is no reason that they won't stock these but the fact that HRC sells Novak could make them hard to get unless you specifically ask for them. But the good news is that Reedy will be launching a new website soon that will make it pretty easy for racers worldwide to buy Reedy products at fair prices. If your hobby shop or distributor doesn't carry it, you can still get it and not pay excessive prices.

I don't remember you from the race but I drove an '87 Alfa 75 for three years or so. I loved that car but loved the VW Corrado that replaced it even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Rick,

motors looked good at Reedy. Just noticing that they have a similar look to the Thunder Powers. Any relation, or just like the thunderpower/novak stators seem "similar", a coincidence?

Thanks
It is hard to come up with something unique and still fit within the rules. We are familiar with LRP so this was the idea behind the two-piece case. The TP motor is similar and probably shares some standard parts but they are completely different motors. In my opinion a big advantage of the Reedy motor is that fact that it runs very cool. This results in a long lasting motor with less fade at the end of the run.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #287
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Rick. I see the motors listed at various retailers as of today..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #288
Tech Elite

For the off road racers , I'm happy to let you know that 550 SC 4x4 motor testing is nearly complete. Info should be released later this month. In the mean time, the team guys are using 5.5 and 6.5 540 Sonics. In the SC10 4x4 I personally prefer a 540 motor due to the better feel off power (less drag brake) and smoother power band.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
For the off road racers , I'm happy to let you know that 550 SC 4x4 motor testing is nearly complete. Info should be released later this month. In the mean time, the team guys are using 5.5 and 6.5 540 Sonics. In the SC10 4x4 I personally prefer a 540 motor due to the better feel off power (less drag brake) and smoother power band.
Ran the motors last week, ran very well and stayed under 155 all day. More time on them ill get more out of them.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #290
Tech Addict

Is there going to be a 1S version of the motor?

1/12th scale, just 1/12th scale.
I love to go like hell for 8 minutes.
RacinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:37 AM   #291
Tech Initiate

HRC ... good joke ... I order everything overseas for the Associated Cars ... half as expensive and faster.
Previously it was in Switzerland better ... good old days :-)

:-) Lars

Last edited by Mr.Che; 06-15-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Mr.Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Rick,

motors looked good at Reedy. Just noticing that they have a similar look to the Thunder Powers. Any relation, or just like the thunderpower/novak stators seem "similar", a coincidence?

Thanks
I thought the same thing about it looking similar to the Thunder Power motor...
tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #293
Tech Fanatic

Hey rick: With Reedy soon to release a new brushless version of the old Sonic electric motor line how will this affect AEs distribution of LRP products? Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #294
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey rick: With Reedy soon to release a new brushless version of the old Sonic electric motor line how will this affect AEs distribution of LRP products? Thanks
The Reedy line does not affect LRP at all. In the U.S. we still actively promote and advertise LRP products and our racing team will continue to use them. Some drivers will use Reedy and others LRP.

Overseas LRP and Reedy have no sales connections. In many of the largest markets Reedy and LRP are sold by different distributors. In fact the overseas distributors were the biggest reason for resurrecting the Sonic line. They want motors to sell to their customers.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #295
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Hey Rick - do you know when the sonic motors might be available for sale? I checked out stormer, a-main, tower and none have them...Stormer at least has them as 'on order'

thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #296
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
Hey Rick - do you know when the sonic motors might be available for sale? I checked out stormer, a-main, tower and none have them...Stormer at least has them as 'on order'

thanks!
We sold out the first shipment of the modified motors. Some went overseas but they are either at distributors/hobby shops or on the way. We still have a few 17.5 and 13.5 in stock here but expect them to be gone when our shipping department re-opens next week (inventory).
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #297
Tech Champion

Quote:
We sold out the first shipment of the modified motors. Some went overseas but they are either at distributors/hobby shops or on the way. We still have a few 17.5 and 13.5 in stock here but expect them to be gone when our shipping department re-opens next week (inventory).
wasn't looking for a modifed - just a 'plain' 17.5 and they aren't around

found the link on your website - wow!! full retail price?? eek!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #298
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
wasn't looking for a modifed - just a 'plain' 17.5 and they aren't around

found the link on your website - wow!! full retail price?? eek!!
Yeah we are going to launch a new Reedy site with more appropriate street prices. If you can't find a motor by next week I can sell you one directly at a competitive price.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #299
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yeah we are going to launch a new Reedy site with more appropriate street prices. If you can't find a motor by next week I can sell you one directly at a competitive price.
thanks Rick, I'll be in touch
Old 06-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #300
Tech Elite

follow Reedy news, team, and other stuff on Twitter.
@reedypower