R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #256
Tech Fanatic
 
rc pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Airdire, AB, Canada
Posts: 755
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiomJacob View Post
Any cycle numbers at 35 amps for the new packs?
I don't have GFX discharge numbers (I use the Futaba 5000CDR, because it goes up to 40Amp discharge). Voltage was 0.2V better on a 40Amp discharge than my 4000 28C's, with lower IR. On the track, definitely more grunt out of the 35C's. Great job at Reedy on these!
__________________
Team Associated - Reedy - Pro-Line - RC Depot - OS Engines - 110% Racing - LD Graphics

Last edited by rc pete; 01-21-2009 at 11:56 AM.
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #257
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AxiomJacob
Default

Sounds interesting, anyone have some GFX numbers?
__________________
Jacob

Proline Racing
AxiomJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #258
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,857
Default

This thread sort of died off but if anyone has any Reedy or AE related questions or comments, please post them here and I will respond.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #259
Tech Master
 
stormperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson
Default

Hey Rick,

I have an LRP motor question, which hopefully will fall into your area of knowledge...

I am going to be running mod sedan on a 200x100ft gas track (controlfreakz.com) and wanted to run the LRP x12 4.5t motor. What temps have you found acceptable to run the motor at, and do you think fans would provide any real benefit? As I am pretty worried about blowing up motors and rather not have to stock up on a few extras if I dont have to...

As I have run a lot of 17.5 and 13.5 on carpet, but not much outdoors, and always found that the motor temps shouldnt be above 160 or else you run a high risk of the motor blowing up. But I assume mod motors are put under even more stress plus being outside and having a higher ambient and also track temp cant help too much.

Thank you very much,
Mark
__________________
R/C Excitement Special Projects Coordinator
Kwik | Speedmerchant | Parma PSE | KO Propo
Team Pickles
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #260
Tech Adept
 
ed517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 151
Default

Hey Rick, cant wait to get my hands on the TC6. Wondering if it shares any parts with the TC5R
ed517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #261
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormperson View Post
Hey Rick,

I have an LRP motor question, which hopefully will fall into your area of knowledge...

I am going to be running mod sedan on a 200x100ft gas track (controlfreakz.com) and wanted to run the LRP x12 4.5t motor. What temps have you found acceptable to run the motor at, and do you think fans would provide any real benefit? As I am pretty worried about blowing up motors and rather not have to stock up on a few extras if I dont have to...

As I have run a lot of 17.5 and 13.5 on carpet, but not much outdoors, and always found that the motor temps shouldnt be above 160 or else you run a high risk of the motor blowing up. But I assume mod motors are put under even more stress plus being outside and having a higher ambient and also track temp cant help too much.

Thank you very much,
Mark
With X-12 motors we see over 200F on a regular basis with no risk of failure. A fan will help if you have the space and weight for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed517 View Post
Hey Rick, cant wait to get my hands on the TC6. Wondering if it shares any parts with the TC5R
The outer suspension is about the same -arms, hubs, steering and caster blocks. The plastic suspension mounts are the same. Everything within the chassis is new.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #262
Tech Master
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Rick,
Welcome back from the worlds.

What are your thoughts on running Mod using a LRP SXX Stock Spec with a mild mod like a 6.5? Can the SXX SS handle it?

I don't have the throttle precision for mod anymore. I figure I'd motor down and use a timing boost profile to gain back the top end.
__________________
I used to be a spitter, now I'm a swallower. I graduated.
linger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #263
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,857
Default

It might work. but I have not tested it so I can't say one way or another. A 6.5 is pretty fast with a standard ESC. I have run this combo on a regular basis (09 ROAR Nats and Reedy Race).

I think a Stock Spec 10.5 with SXX Stock Spec would be a good combo.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #264
Tech Master
 
SkarTisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,669
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
With X-12 motors we see over 200F on a regular basis with no risk of failure. A fan will help if you have the space and weight for it.
Same thing for the StockSpec motors? I would expect so since the architecture is the same. I could blow people's minds at the local track if I gear for 200 degrees!
__________________
Marshall Skare
Team Associated - Reedy Powered - JConcepts - LiveRC.com
SkarTisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #265
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: aus, nsw.
Posts: 187
Arrow reedy wolfpack

how much does the reedy wolfpack 3600 nimh battery weigh?
DEIGIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #266
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarTisu View Post
Same thing for the StockSpec motors? I would expect so since the architecture is the same. I could blow people's minds at the local track if I gear for 200 degrees!
Yes they too seem to run hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEIGIMA View Post
how much does the reedy wolfpack 3600 nimh battery weigh?
387 grams
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #267
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,716
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just bought the Sxx v2, would this speed control be good for 17.5 open?
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #268
Tech Fanatic
 
rc pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Airdire, AB, Canada
Posts: 755
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
I just bought the Sxx v2, would this speed control be good for 17.5 open?
Sorry to have to tell you this since you already bought it, but the power profiles on the Sxx v2 (TC and Comp models) are designed for modified racing: motors faster than 10.5
For 17.5, 13.5 and 10.5 open (boosted) racing, the Sxx Stock Spec v2 would be your best choice, it delivers much more power for spec racing.
__________________
Team Associated - Reedy - Pro-Line - RC Depot - OS Engines - 110% Racing - LD Graphics
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #269
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,716
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc pete View Post
Sorry to have to tell you this since you already bought it, but the power profiles on the Sxx v2 (TC and Comp models) are designed for modified racing: motors faster than 10.5
For 17.5, 13.5 and 10.5 open (boosted) racing, the Sxx Stock Spec v2 would be your best choice, it delivers much more power for spec racing.

Thanks for the reply, I asked after seeing the boost feature on SXX v2...
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #270
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,857
Default Sonic

For the Reedy fans out there I'd like to let you know that the famous Reedy Sonic name is being revived for a new line of competition 1/10 brushless motors. A full range of spec and modified motors as well as tuning rotors will be available this summer. Information and details will be released shortly.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba MC800, Reedy Neo One 6.5, Reedy Ti Mods convikt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 10-08-2007 06:38 AM
Comm Lathe, NIB Reedy 19T Armature, Reedy 766 or 767 brushes, Sonic Fiddlestick Cain R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 06-12-2007 07:43 AM
Airtronics Synthesized-stuff,FM rec's,REEDY BRUSHESS,REEDY MOD MOTORS,etc,etc, nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 89 03-22-2007 10:33 AM
JR XS3, LRP 7.1, Reedy Quasar Pro, Reedy 12 double S.Heath R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 10-31-2005 07:48 AM
MR-4TCSD, Reedy X-Cell 3300, Reedy Kr Randy Caster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-03-2003 08:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0