NOVAK im not happy

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by loopedout
lets see.
I spend 250 for a new 3004 system.
NEW product is bad, spend 18 shipping to Novak for repair
Get a REFURBISHED ESC and same motor back, doesnt work.
Another 18 to ship back to Novak for repair.
And then 19 to ship a REFURBISHED MOTOR AND ESC back to me.
So my dad doesnt get to race for over a month, I'm out 305 bucks and Im getting a refurbished GTB and a refurbished 5800 motor back that ill have trouble selling on here for 175 bucks. I really feel like ive been had. Now I have to spend what? 75 for a motor to go with that GTB and then I have a 5800 motor spare? I mean seriously, that puts me up to 380 or more and seven weeks to get a speed control and motor that hopefully will work. Theres been three cases of bad new Novak brushless combos at my track alone. Has Novak heard of damage control. And maybe I did just completly misunderstand our conversation, which I doubt but even that aside I lose.

Just think if it was a GM or LRP system you wouldnt get Charlie from Novak to get on here and fix your system when he gets back to Cali after the birds.
Have you ever tried to get something fixed from over seas? Your saving money in the long running Novak plain and simple.

Side Note : All Novak returns are refurbished to get it to the costumer faster. I return stuff all the time and they either have it on hand or I will get my stuff in a coulpe of days..Thanks for your support..
Old 02-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Im not talking about GM or LRP. Im talking about this instance, this situation, right here, right now. One thousand people can come on this thread and say what a good experience they have had and it wont do any good. I have had good experiences with Novak too, im not here talking about good experiences, im talking about this one and its not good. People posting up trying to defend Novak is pointless, thats not the issue, your good feedback for Novak is doing nothing for what is happening now. What im saying is this could be happening to you, I just drew the short straw. How many other people got the short straw too and just arent saying, arent on this website, or are just meek and accept what they get dealt whether they like it or not? What is Charlie going to fix when he gets back from the birds? Is he going to return the lost racedays to my dad? Is he going to make it better that my dad gave up rc racing after years because he though HE was doing something wrong or technology had just advanced beyond his understanding when it was a faulty ` product? NO hes not. There are so many issues at hand here and had they just sent what I had been told there would have been zero issues. So now I have this dramatic situation that could have been avoided completely by what? documentation on Charlies part? I know I was taking notes during my call to him and I know that paper says
Charlie- Novak
$30 get a gtb/3.5 write on warr card that he said to do that.

Last edited by loopedout; 02-08-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mr. losi
charlie and novak have always been good to me.....no complaints......

Matt
Likewise, had an issue about replacing the smaller powercap on an discontinued esc (Cyclone tc) when I was using one, Emailled Charlie and got a very swift reply.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Please read the thread before posting your happy novak experience.

One thousand people can come on this thread and say what a good experience they have had and it wont do any good. I have had good experiences with Novak too, im not here talking about good experiences, im talking about this one and its not good. People posting up trying to defend Novak is pointless, thats not the issue, your good feedback for Novak is doing nothing for what is happening now. What im saying is this could be happening to you, I just drew the short straw. How many other people got the short straw too and just arent saying, arent on this website, or are just meek and accept what they get dealt whether they like it or not?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

My first brushless was to decide on a GTB or sphere. I had problems with the cyclone and the Mercury rec. years ago. So I was leaning towards LRP until i talked to a team driver from Novak. I went with the GTB. And right out of the box it did not work. I sent back the esc and the 5800 motor I had bought. I was not really sure which one was bad. So I shipped it back so now my ecs cost more. I did not like that at all.

I just bought a 13.5 a month ago. It did not work out of the box! So I have purchased 4 Novak items in a year and 2 were bad out of the box. My 4300 motor has not had a problem.

But if a man makes it. It will break.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

My pain goes on, I pay 19 bucks for overnight shipping and hmm here it is late today and no esc. This out of control.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You yourself have turned a legit concern into a circus. When you start bashing people on a public forum and still expect them to bend over backwards for you.....you have another thing coming. Calm down and let Charlie handle things when he gets back into town
Old 02-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Nothing for Charlie to handle. If i ever get this esc back, its getting sold just like all my other novak stuff has been. I can race rc without any novak products. .

Last edited by loopedout; 02-09-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

after all these rants, does your dad regain his lost racing days/time? if yes, then its worth these rants. if not, live and let go.....time to move on.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

He wont be losing any more race days to a faulty Novak product, thats for sure. Im still out quite a bit of money too. I get a 3.5 motor from Novak like I was told instead of the 5800, ill have this thread deleted and all the other threads on every rc forum I have found, and Ill stop as well as my father will stop telling every single person we come in contact with about the matter. All im after is Novak to uphold what Charlie told me.
Kinda like I just screwed up and put 35 shipped on spek M8 module and didnt realize it, you know what thats what someone just paid me for it, see I screwed up and took the hit, instead of going back on my word, unintentional or not, my word is my bond. But if integrity isnt Novaks game I dont want anything to do with them.

Last edited by loopedout; 02-09-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:27 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I think that anybody reading this thread will come away with a higher opinion of Novak than they previously had.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Well if Novak customer service is so great and everyone is sure that this will get handled properly, then why am i still without a speed control and motor?? Im still waiting for this great customer service. Happening to me, could happen to anyone.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by loopedout
Well if Novak customer service is so great and everyone is sure that this will get handled properly, then why am i still without a speed control and motor??
I think everyone who read this thread can answer that question
Old 02-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Seriously bud, you really are loopedout, did you think maybe the customer is not always right...Novak customer service is the best, hands down, no questions asked.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

I think everyone who read this thread can answer that question

So I just dont get good cust service, is that it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.