Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Willy, I race today. I'll let you know how the MM w/ Novak 13.5SS in a TC works with new firmware compared to old.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Bad news. If anything, it is worse at starting. I'm going to try different starting powers, but I don't have hope. I'm tempted to go back to the old firmware.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Bad news. If anything, it is worse at starting. I'm going to try different starting powers, but I don't have hope. I'm tempted to go back to the old firmware.
The Novak one is for what ever reason one of the harder ones to get to work. The Trinity Duo is suppose to work great. Hope to be testing one soon.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
The Novak one is for what ever reason one of the harder ones to get to work. The Trinity Duo is suppose to work great. Hope to be testing one soon.
wyd how do you find the new castle softwear when using the mamba esc/orion motor combo did they iron out the hesitation you get.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by barber
wyd how do you find the new castle softwear when using the mamba esc/orion motor combo did they iron out the hesitation you get.
If you go to the Castle site you can downlong Castle Link (it is version 3.04 the newest one as the older one is 3.01) When you uplink you Mamba Max to the new 3.04 it will ask you if you want to update the software to the newest version for the speedo which is 1.17 (old one is 1.16)

I tried the proto type Sidewinder I had with the software in and it did hesitate but the Production version Sidewinders have updated software over the prototype I had so it could be better. I want to try it again with my Orion 13.5 but not sure when I can make it to the track to run touring cars but when I do I will more than likely just use my Mamba Max as I updated all the software and I will have my laptop with me so I can try all kinds of stuff a little quicker than I can with my Sidewinder at this time. It will only take seconds to change start power and timing postions and see what effects I get.

The track I test at I don't get much time onc I get their and its two plus hours away. Might be a few weeks til I can make it back.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:43 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

130bux, sheesh so much for sellin my max ha!

R
Old 01-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by adamge
Thanks for the info. I hope to have a Feigao 13.5 to try next week with the MM.

Cheers
Old 01-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

We found a small problem (I think) with a friends Mamba Max after updating to the new firmware (1.17). The only change was the firmware update, we made no other adjustments.

With the car switched on and just sitting on the ground it makes a low beep sound randomly 15 - 30 seconds between beeps and the yellow light flashes at the same time. It doesnt seem to cause any problem when driving. The beep and flash never happened with the previous version of the firmware (1.09). We changed the firmware back to 1.09 again on Sunday just to confirm that it was the firmware change that made it happen and the beep and flash went away.

The vehicle is a Losi MF2 with the Mamba Max 5700, 4200 packs and a 2PL radio. I dont have the settings as we were using my friends laptop.

The beep and yellow light doesnt seem to cause a problem, its just a little annoying random beep and flash and we dont know what it means.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Not a problem...it was intentional. It's to remind you to unplug your battery pack.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb

hi joe need some help with setting up my transmitter with mamba new softwear i have a JRZ1 (ex10)what is some good parameters to start with.i am using v1.17.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by barber
hi joe need some help with setting up my transmitter with mamba new softwear i have a JRZ1 (ex10)what is some good parameters to start with.i am using v1.17.
As far as what? You looking where to set up end points on the radio or what setting you should try on the Castle Link?

What car are you running and what motor are you going to use will also be needed to get you better info.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:17 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

racing at all this wkend brian? still racing stock 1/18 down here, buildin mod car back up in prep for its replacement speedo. looks like micros are still invadin frederick in 2wks time. sounds more fun than freezin ur butt off only to get bounced outta monster truck at motorama b/c ur brushless

R
Old 02-01-2008, 11:26 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
racing at all this wkend brian? still racing stock 1/18 down here, buildin mod car back up in prep for its replacement speedo. looks like micros are still invadin frederick in 2wks time. sounds more fun than freezin ur butt off only to get bounced outta monster truck at motorama b/c ur brushless

R
Yeah I will be running offroad the next two weeks and then I'm off for 2 weeks for work.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
As far as what? You looking where to set up end points on the radio or what setting you should try on the Castle Link?

What car are you running and what motor are you going to use will also be needed to get you better info.
i am looking for info on both radio end points and castle link settings i am running a cyclone and using orion 3.5 motor along with the mamba esc i also have back my mamba 7700 motor which ever i can get info on.
thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

when should the mamba monster max be out? what are some of the specs on it? im seriously interested in it and if it suits what i need then i plan on getting one first week out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.