Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

How much can we expect the Monster Mamba Max to be without the included motor?

Any reason for going with a 1515 (this is longer can than the 1512 right?) than the 1512 and any compatibility issues for those of us with 1512's?

Any more update when the software update for the Mamba Max will be available?

Any plans for a more race oriented ESC (smaller size, solder posts, etc) that is specifically configured to run the sensored units from the other guys as those seem to be the motors for various brushless spec classes?

If not, maybe a sensorless mamba motor in the 10.5, 13.5, etc configurations?

I think the only complaint I really had about the onbase USB was the fact that it was mounted from the side. I would have preferred it from a top down perspective so it makes it easy to mount the ESC without worrying about if the port can still be reached. But I give you guys mad credit for at least doing it!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Wow, it got kind of crazy in here all of a sudden.

Later,
Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
How much can we expect the Monster Mamba Max to be without the included motor?

Any reason for going with a 1515 (this is longer can than the 1512 right?) than the 1512 and any compatibility issues for those of us with 1512's?

Any more update when the software update for the Mamba Max will be available?

Any plans for a more race oriented ESC (smaller size, solder posts, etc) that is specifically configured to run the sensored units from the other guys as those seem to be the motors for various brushless spec classes?

If not, maybe a sensorless mamba motor in the 10.5, 13.5, etc configurations?

I think the only complaint I really had about the onbase USB was the fact that it was mounted from the side. I would have preferred it from a top down perspective so it makes it easy to mount the ESC without worrying about if the port can still be reached. But I give you guys mad credit for at least doing it!
The 1515 will handle any 1/10th monster and 1/8th buggy...why we chose it. We may decide to do a 1512 or 1521 in the future. You won't have any problems running any of the Neu motors on the MMM. We're getting the software for the MMM encoded on our other controllers so you'll have the same operation on the MM and M25. No estimated release date...sorry. I'll pass the recommendation about the sensored motors to the engineers...that's all I can do there though. Can't estimate cost of the ESC alone...we don't have all the #'s finalized yet. Sorry.

Originally Posted by badassrevo
Just needed some reasurance that it was still comming.
Yep, still coming.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
What info would you like that isn't already out there? Happy to reply.
200A continuous, 6s lipo max, built in Castle BEC, licensed Steve Neu 1515 series motors to include with the packages, total cost around $300. Let me know if you need anything else.
Yea, one to test for you guys! I ran at the CRCRC race in the 1/8th buggy class and I run my buggy every week at the regular club raceses. If you need some race R&D I could get it done.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
Just needed some reasurance that it was still comming.
They will be coming. I know the shop I help out at is waiting for them to come out.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys sound pretty confident in this new firmware. Please, if there is a Mamba Max firmware that is better at the high-turn sensored motors, can you send me a private copy? I promise not to leak it. I have a big race this weekend where I'll be running 13.5t, and I don't want a repeat of last time.

Adam Glatt
[email protected]
Old 01-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Well as for the Mamba Monster Max, I have seen it run and have got to drive it. In a 1/8th scale electric conversion.

All I can say is "HOLY COW BATMAN!!!!!" That is the most awesome and most powerful setup I have ever seen or driven. It makes my .21 OS Speed motor look like a .12! It is just insane. Gobs of torque and gobs and gobs of ultra smooth power!!!!

It will be worth the wait.

Later,
Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Legend

Seen brushless is now allowed in ROAR events.

Have the Mamba Max motors been sent for approval? If so, what classes will they count for?

Trying to decide on either buying a full sidewinder / mamba max setup, just an ESC and a Novak or equivalent 10.5 / 13.5 motor, or something else.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Cain, don't count on any Castle motors being approved by a racing organization. Castle basically used whatever design they felt like, and it's drastically different than the spec design from the organizations.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by adamge
Cain, don't count on any Castle motors being approved by a racing organization. Castle basically used whatever design they felt like, and it's drastically different than the spec design from the organizations.
Cain ROAR just approved brushless motors and have specs. Castle was not going to make a motor until the final specs where available. It costs alot of money to make a motor and send it in for approval to a racing organization. Then a company has to decide if it is worth it for them as not every company worries about racing..........Traxxas comes to mind that makes a living off guys bashing and not racing. Castle has to decide if it works for them.

Stay tuned for new stuff in the future because it is coming.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info guys. Right now race season is a few months off at least, and after reading up alittle on the Tekin R1 from what stormer says on there site, not sure if that would be a good option for me. So I am hoping Castle throws there hat in the ring.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Don't worry, Castle is not just sitting back and doing nothing.

Lots and lots of some really awesome stuff coming!

Later,
Old 01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

when is castle going to create a race legal 13.5 motor? do you guys know how much money you are cheating yourselfs from by not having such a product on the market? is it not clear to see? with companies like Orion and Trinity advertising that their new line of motors work with sensorless ESC they can see that there are alot of MM esc out there and that is a market they can hit. So castle get a race legal motor on the shelves or u will loose your existing customers sales come time for a new motor.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Phroz
when is castle going to create a race legal 13.5 motor? do you guys know how much money you are cheating yourselfs from by not having such a product on the market? is it not clear to see? with companies like Orion and Trinity advertising that their new line of motors work with sensorless ESC they can see that there are alot of MM esc out there and that is a market they can hit. So castle get a race legal motor on the shelves or u will loose your existing customers sales come time for a new motor.
Remember the rules for brushless motors where just posted yesturday. To be honest no way should a company have motors that fit the new rules. Reason is the rules where just posted and finalized so unless ROAR catered to a motor company no one should have a motor that meets the new rules because it is highly unlikely to make one before rules are posted and meet all the ROAR qualifications.

Again this can only happen if the rules where catered to one company.

Aslo remeber racers make up of only about 5% of the R/C products sold. You only see whats on R/C tech but in the hole scheme of things still only 5% of the R/C sold in the world is for racing.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

The Sidewinder in my Academy GV2 (preproduction test model) and a pic of the the one that is sent out and hitting the hobbyshops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.