Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

<[email protected]>:
This email address does not exist on this server.

Just PM'd him though.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LucentOptics

<[email protected]>:

Just PM'd him though.
Sorry, my bad, should have been [email protected]

Sorry about that,
Old 01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Little quiet this week. Well I have been running offroad the last few weeks with the Mamba 5700 motor in my Academy GV2 buggy. It has been working great with tons of power to spare.

I have been very happy with the Castle systems as I have had months of trouble free running and no maintenance to do on motors. Man I like the just run and work on car setups instead of motor and battery maintaining. Lipos work great with the system to.

My setup the last 2 weeks has been the new Sidewinder Speedo and 5700 KV motor. Very smooth setup and for the price it great. First batch should be showing up in the hobbyshops this week. I know are shop has 3 coming in but they won't be their for long thats for sure.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

The new Sidewinder is ultra smooth and powerful. A lot of the complaints people have had about our brushless systems are gone. Ultra smooth start up, no rolling backwards at first and fully adjustable deadband. Probably our best car controller at the moment!

Plenty of new and much improved stuff coming soon!

Later,
Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CRASH
The new Sidewinder is ultra smooth and powerful. A lot of the complaints people have had about our brushless systems are gone. Ultra smooth start up, no rolling backwards at first and fully adjustable deadband. Probably our best car controller at the moment!

Plenty of new and much improved stuff coming soon!

Later,
Yeah for the price and adjustments it is awesome. I have had no cogging issues with mine, startup is ultra smooth and the new deadband feature is great.

I even did the push my car backwards test and roll backwards down a ramp at my local offroad track. Results are nothing but smooth controlled forward acceleration and no hesitations. I just don't see anything any better as I tried a few other brands this weekend and non started up any better than my Sidewinder did. Many infact thought I had a sensored system in my car with how smooth it was when they tried it.

Yes plenty more new stuff in the works. Castle workers must never sleep.
The Techs are locked in a dungeon and can't leave.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

More like the engineers should be locked in the basement! Lots of work to be done around here as always.

Later,
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am interested in picking up the sidewinder system for use in either a 1/10 scale buggy or truck, few questions:

1. Is there any computer connectivity possible with the ESC like the Mamba Max?

2. To configure the ESC, does it still use the beeps like the Mamba Max?

3. Can this be run with a 10.5 Sensored motor without issues (figuring this may be the motor allowed for a class)

Anyone got pics of there sidewinder mounted in a 2wd buggy or truck?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cain
I am interested in picking up the sidewinder system for use in either a 1/10 scale buggy or truck, few questions:

1. Is there any computer connectivity possible with the ESC like the Mamba Max?

2. To configure the ESC, does it still use the beeps like the Mamba Max?

3. Can this be run with a 10.5 Sensored motor without issues (figuring this may be the motor allowed for a class)

Anyone got pics of there sidewinder mounted in a 2wd buggy or truck?
Cain I will get you pics of it in my Academy GV2 Buggy tonight when I get home from work.

You will be able to connect it to the Castle Link like you do with the 1/18th mini type adapter (The Sidewinder don't have a USB port like the Max). At this time though the Sidewinder has the newest software Castle has come up with. Soon you will able to download using Castle Link the new software to the Mamba Max as well.

It will setup the same way as the Max with beeps and led you can see. I just listen for the beeps and count the flashes. After you go thru the programing once or twice it is very easy. In testing it I been thru it 20 plus times already chaning things and it is pretty easy overall.

For the 10.5 Sensored motor I will have to mess with it. I run my 13.5 Orion motor but it does hesitate some but not all the time like my Max does until I update the programming when its out.

Overall the Sidewinder is smoother than ever using Mamba Max motors. It is smoother overall than my Max at this time and cogging and hesitations are not an issue. I do run 2 cell lipo packs when I race.

If I got anything wrong I'm sure CRASH or Joe Ford will comment further when they see this post.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MONSTER MAX?
I know you can't give us a release date, but you can still give out some info.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for any info that you can give out.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Thanks for the info.

Is the adapter included with the sidewinder? I already got the USB cable for my Mamba Max, not sure how it all hooks together as I never had the 1/18 scale version.

Thats great about the performance. I am very curious to see how the price is going to be at places that I shop online that are significantly cheaper than tower. If it looks like a great price, I may just pickup the unit and a lipo to match direct from my source. Maybe they will combo it.

Also wanting more info on the Monster Mamba Max as well as the software update to handle Neu motors better.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LucentOptics

<[email protected]>:

Just PM'd him though.
Gary,

It's been CRAZY around here with the holidays coming one after the other, not to mention the weather, going to shows, etc. Thomas tells me he's got you fixed up, and you're sending the controller in. We'll take care of it for you. If you ever need anything and need an immediate response please feel free to email me at [email protected] don't always have time to come on the forums unfortunately. I'm on 26 different forums, not to mention the ~20k emails and who knows how many phone calls I do in one year here. Best to contact us directly if time is of the essence so we can get you fixed up ASAP.

Joe
Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by badassrevo
MONSTER MAX?
I know you can't give us a release date, but you can still give out some info.
What info would you like that isn't already out there? Happy to reply.
200A continuous, 6s lipo max, built in Castle BEC, licensed Steve Neu 1515 series motors to include with the packages, total cost around $300. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
Thanks for the info.

Is the adapter included with the sidewinder? I already got the USB cable for my Mamba Max, not sure how it all hooks together as I never had the 1/18 scale version.

Thats great about the performance. I am very curious to see how the price is going to be at places that I shop online that are significantly cheaper than tower. If it looks like a great price, I may just pickup the unit and a lipo to match direct from my source. Maybe they will combo it.

Also wanting more info on the Monster Mamba Max as well as the software update to handle Neu motors better.
You'll need the Castle Link "little green board" in order to connect to the Sidewinder, and the Monster Max (when released). The Mamba Max is the only controller we included the USB port on...got too many complaints on it so we've gone back to the way things were before. They'll all connect via the receiver plug from now on. Let me know if you have any other ?'s.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
What info would you like that isn't already out there? Happy to reply.
200A continuous, 6s lipo max, built in Castle BEC, licensed Steve Neu 1515 series motors to include with the packages, total cost around $300. Let me know if you need anything else.
Just needed some reasurance that it was still comming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.